Morrissey Central "Erratum" (March 12, 2023)

Posted about this in the Crystal Palace & Leeds thread earlier. Didn't know how to post it properly.

“If any”?

He’s either appearing or he isn’t.

If he isn’t, then there is no reason why Morrissey Central cannot confirm this.

Set a deadline with the venue if you must. If the deadline comes and no agreement to appear is made, then announce on the website that no gig will take place. It isn’t rocket science.

Why does everything connected to Morrissey have to be this ongoing drama?

This kind of crap is why labels won’t touch him and his gigs no longer sell out.

Get a grip Morrissey. These antics don’t impress anybody.

So basically what they're saying is that London isn't happening unless they make another post about it at a later date.

This must be the reason why ticket sales were pulled last minute.

Man, this lack of communication is appalling. Why would you go to the lengths of creating an online tour poster with dates on that aren't even confirmed to be occurring? It doesn't make sense, and it makes me wonder if Central jump the gun on other things they post.

Morrissey at the moment seems to lack any management beyond his tour manager, his PA and Sam.

His promoter is SJM who run some pretty big shows and artists tours, including all of Morrissey’s for many years now. They’d of likely made the posters and then passed on to ‘M’s Team’ to post on socials and promote.

I can absolutely guarantee there is probably an email out there saying
“Hi Team,
Provisional tour poster for upcoming UK summer dates. We are awaiting to confirm final logistics with: (insert: PA equipment / venue / etc etc) and will share confirmation when this is all water tight. Please do not share externally“

Then this probably got fully ignored and the date posted.

Morrissey at the moment seems to lack any management beyond his tour manager, his PA and Sam.

His promoter is SJM who run some pretty big shows and artists tours, including all of Morrissey’s for many years now. They’d of likely made the posters and then passed on to ‘M’s Team’ to post on socials and promote.

I can absolutely guarantee there is probably an email out there saying
“Hi Team,
Provisional tour poster for upcoming UK summer dates. We are awaiting to confirm final logistics with: (insert: PA equipment / venue / etc etc) and will share confirmation when this is all water tight. Please do not share externally“

Then this probably got fully ignored and the date posted.

Yeh, SJM are well known, and I imagine they wouldn't be as prominent if it was them making the screw ups.

I think your theory is likely correct, and I believe this happens a lot. I just can't get my head around the advantage or motive of posting gig dates that haven't yet been finalised.

His career is a comedy of errors at this point. An endless succession of mistakes, wasted opportunities and own goals that are almost impossible to believe.

Last edited:
Hope those posters weren't ever physically printed.
FWD.

Does anyone else think he’s not sure about the Crystal Palace Park because he hasn’t sold out Hammersmith? There are still plenty of tickets left for it and they are expensive.

Does anyone else think he’s not sure about the Crystal Palace Park because he hasn’t sold out Hammersmith? There are still plenty of tickets left for it and they are expensive.
I had a look earlier today.

As you say, very expensive. And not sold out. And not likely to.

Someone needs to explain supply and demand economics to Morrissey’s people.

This isn’t 2004 anymore. People aren’t flocking to see him. There is zero justification for those prices.

It's honestly like he is stuck in a perpetual cycle of self-destruction and at no point can that mission be veered away from. As someone else mentioned, it is so invariable that it becomes tragicomic. But really it isn't in the slightest bit funny.

Worst of all, I have always considered him to be quite self-aware, so I am utterly convinced he can see and comprehend what he is actually doing. Maybe he isn't as self-aware as I believed...

I had a look earlier today.

As you say, very expensive. And not sold out. And not likely to.

Someone needs to explain supply and demand economics to Morrissey’s people.

This isn’t 2004 anymore. People aren’t flocking to see him. There is zero justification for those prices.
I went to see him at the Palladium in October - it was a great concert, with an incredible setlist.

10 years ago I went to every Morrissey concert I could possibly get to - if Morrissey was in London (or anywhere in the UK really), I was there - but, as you point out, the price of the tickets puts me off now. I don't want to repeat myself too many times, as I've said it on other threads before, but the choice of songs are also a factor for me. Maybe I'm too nostalgic, but I want to hear "November Spawned a Monster", "Last of the International Playboys", "The More You Ignore Me..." - his choice of songs that are considerably weaker than these really baffles me. And if he did play a set that included more songs from Vauxhall, Bona Drag etc., then I would probably be willing to pay the prices.

Please wait, don't lose faith 🐣

The Crystal Palace venue looks like the least likely Moz venue in the land. No atmosphere. No interaction with the throng at the front. Leeds looks okay...but that's an awful lot of tickets to sell. It's sad, but it ain't going to happen. As above, it's not 2004. Just play Doncaster Dome again...that was fecking epic! Also giving a shout out to Nottingham Rock City for purely personal logistical reasons. Huge gigs usually disappoint...as my wife readily confirms, small is best.

"next week" - Israeli gigs details ( 3 weeks ago )
"If any" ...
I see some progress in communication ...

:unsure:They advertised it on his own site with a tour poster and all and called it "The Happening". What does "NOT 100% confirmed to appear" even mean ?! By the venue? By Morrissey himself (although isn't that true for all of his appearances these days)? And that "if any" is just rude. His site should be the one with 100% true infos directly from the source. But at least we got some info for one of the dates to end on a positive note ^^. Don't leave us in the dark!

all touring is risky,was just reading lewis capaldi has cancelled his whole european tour because he has bronchitis,bet when the tour was first being arranged lewis probably never even knew he had bronchitis.

Back
Top Bottom