Erasure

Maverick

Maverick
Erasure are f***ing brilliant - end of.

They have endured for almost a quarter of a century, yet don't seem to be revered in the same way Pet Shop Boys are - why not?

Unlike PSB, Erasure have done it their way and not tried to stay with the times. They release quality music and have remained true to their fanbase.

Why are the 'sure so forgotten - this week they released a 2CD (or 3cd & DVD depending on the format) career retrospective - it's f***ing class.

Please don't contribute to this thread if you just want to slag Erasure off - this is a thread to celebrate them, not be a f***ing twat.

Last edited:
I get the impression Erasure's best songs are their least well known ones.
Am I right?

I'll give you the Freedom to decide that yourself. I'm all Fingers & Thumbs when it comes to stuff like that.

They've certainly released a lot of good stuff this decade that has been criminally overlooked.

Another example of the cool obsessed British media being a bunch of clique obsessed tossers.

I blame Jo Whiley.

I also bought the crackers international on 7" when i was at school. Great lead track.:guitar:

The good old days when EP'S were allowed in the charts. Mini-albums of new material. Superb!

Erasure scored their only number 1 single with an EP.

Crackers International EP was my first taste of Erasure - i was hooked.

I've seen them live twice as well - they put on a great show!

The good old days when EP'S were allowed in the charts. Mini-albums of new material. Superb!

Erasure scored their only number 1 single with an EP.

Crackers International EP was my first taste of Erasure - i was hooked.

I've seen them live twice as well - they put on a great show!

I use to bottle up and do the barrells in my local boozer when i was young. I remember getting paid on the saturday and shooting up to our price on my bike, 13 years of age and buying that on 7". :lbf: Cliff Richard (Mistletoe & Slime) kept it off the top though:swear:

I use to bottle up and do the barrells in my local boozer when i was young. I remember getting paid on the saturday and shooting up to our price on my bike, 13 years of age and buying that on 7". :lbf: Cliff Richard (Mistletoe & Slime) kept it off the top though:swear:

Wasn't it Kylie & Jason that kept it off the top?

Maybe i'm wrong though!

So 13 in 1988 - that makes you 33 / 34 now - just a few years older than my good self, sir.

I think i've found an ally on the hostile pages.

Salute!

Wasn't it Kylie & Jason that kept it off the top?

Maybe i'm wrong though!

So 13 in 1988 - that makes you 33 / 34 now - just a few years older than my good self, sir.

I think i've found an ally on the hostile pages.

Salute!

Salute to you. It was Cliff Richard and then Kylie & Jason displaced him in turn. I also bought blue savannah in august 1990, again on the 7":thumb:

Thumbs up from me too.

I had the good fortune to catch them at a festival in Sept. 2007. Brilliant performance but the Beastie Boys were on next and lots of people wanted to see them and jammed the tent basically so I had to watch from afar. Lots of people who weren't really interested in Erasure blocking up the place. Pity really. I'd like to see them just at their own gig.

Love the Abba stuff.

My fave song by Erasure would be Stay With Me and one of my constant fave songs in general also. That's the first one I heard. Heard it on TOTP in around Sept 1995 if memory serves me right.

You want to try and get to a solo gig of theirs, it's awesome.

You are indeed right - it was September 1995. Taken from their self-titled album of that year. I recommend you check it out.

Erasure have never made a bad album!

I've got them on now! The Circus is playing. Great!

love erasure, saw them twice,havent listened to them in ages, everything barr the 'the greatest hits' is on record, must dig that out!

I'll give you the Freedom to decide that yourself. I'm all Fingers & Thumbs when it comes to stuff like that.

They've certainly released a lot of good stuff this decade that has been criminally overlooked.

Another example of the cool obsessed British media being a bunch of clique obsessed tossers.

I blame Jo Whiley.

When I said 'Am I Right', I thought, as a big Erasure fan, you'd know what I meant!

i used to like them in about 86-88 then i started reading the NME and got told to stop listening to them!

Erasure are the dog's bollocks as well as all his other bits.

Here is one my favourite songs of all time...two actually, but I mean the 2nd one:)

Gotta love Andy's costumes/dancing.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lBxJ4uUySXc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lBxJ4uUySXc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

When I said 'Am I Right', I thought, as a big Erasure fan, you'd know what I meant!

Errrr.....i did know what you meant.

Freedom & Fingers & Thumbs are the names of 2 Erasure singles that didn't do so well.

Obviously, you don't know your Erasure!

Erasure are the dog's bollocks as well as all his other bits.

Here is one my favourite songs of all time...two actually, but I mean the 2nd one:)

Gotta love Andy's costumes/dancing.

I'd never seen any of their videos until the other night.

I'm going to have to watch them again though....
At my age, my memory isn't what it used to be, especially after drinking a bottle of Cabernet.

....Not wishing to come across as a massive Erasure fan,.., But I would totally recommend catching them live.....( My fella took me to see them....well, fairs fair...I took him to see Alice Cooper!! ( neither of us had really heard the other artists music, and we were both impressed by Alice and Erasure)....They gave one of the best gigs have attended, and I was surprised how many songs I knew/remembered!!
Ps, our Niece was christened Savannah, because of the song! (...I wanted her to be called"Alice" of course.......)

big fan, and theyre definitely great live.

"I looove to haaate youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" :D

Back
Top Bottom