Erasure, Yazoo, members of Depeche Mode to perform at Short Circuit Presents Mute

The Seeker of Good Songs

shortcircuit_poster.jpg

A parade of classic synthpop and electronic artists including Erasure, Yazoo, Nitzer Ebb and four current and former members of Depeche Mode will take the stage in London this weekend to celebrate the hugely influential Mute Records label at the annual Short Circuit Electronic Music Festival.
The fest kicks of Thursday at London’s Roundhouse with a night devoted to German electronic label Raster-Noton, then continues Friday and Saturday with Short Circuit Presents Mute, featuring “performances and unique collaborations from Mute artists past, present and future alongside DJs, talks, workshops, screenings and installations.”
Friday night’s lineup includes Richie Hawtin (aka Plastikman), a DJ set by Moby, Recoil (featuring Depeche Mode’s Alan Wilder), Nitzer Ebb and a DJ set by label founder Daniel Miller, among many others. Saturday is headlined by Erasure, with DJ sets by DM’s Martin L. Gore and Andy Fletcher and performances by Liars, The Residents and Alison Moyet.
Although Yazoo is not on the bill, Moyet confirmed in a recent interview with The Quietus that she’ll be joining Erasure’s Vince Clarke for possibly their last performance:
“We’ll be performing together and I’m 99.9% sure it’s the last time. I mean, should he change his mind I’m happy to do more Yazoo gigs, but knowing Vince and his fidelity to Erasure I can’t see it happening again. So, as far as I know this’ll be the last time that we’re playing Yazoo stuff together.”
More information on Short Circuit Presents Mute and full lineup here.

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2011/05/10/short-circuit-presents-mute-erasure-yazoo-depeche-mode/

Back
Top Bottom