Morrissey Central "ENNIO MORRICONE" / "MORRICONE & MORRISSEY IN ROMA" (July 6, 2020)

images_hsqmlt.jpg

"Ennio Morricone, the exalted and revered Italian composer, has died aged 91 in Rome. Morricone and his orchestra played on Morrissey's album "Ringleader Of The Tormentors"."

Unknown_copy_22_klt2n6.jpg

"I was aware that Morricone had said no to U2, no to David Bowie, and no to Robbie Williams, so I was thrilled when he said Yes to me. His contributions to my 'Ringleader Of The Tormentors' album are, naturally, completely dismissed by the jargon jugglers, but they burst and thrive in my heart forever. In reflection of the happiest days imaginable, I say the temporary parting of ar'ri've'der'ci to he who gave all to the greatness of Italia."

MORRISSEY
6 July 2020

FWD.

UPDATE July 7:

Link posted by joe frady:

ENNIO MORRICONE…
….CONDUCTS MORRISSEY'S 'DEAR GOD, PLEASE HELP ME' IN ROMA

https://t.co/7JKy5EkYnW

Our thanks to Alice Gahan.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m just leaning Italian now. In this case, wouldn’t “addio” be more appropriate than “arrivederci”?

Using a death to promote his album and massage his ego is what it is.
Why shouldn't he reminisce about the time they worked together? If Morrissey had said nothing regarding Morricone's passing, this place would be full of people slagging him off for being an unfeeling bastard and saying nothing (as happened when Bowie passed). Morrissey has said plenty of questionable shit over the years, but it's a bit of a stretch for anyone to take offense at this.

Why shouldn't he reminisce about the time they worked together? If Morrissey had said nothing regarding Morricone's passing, this place would be full of people slagging him off for being an unfeeling bastard and saying nothing (as happened when Bowie passed). Morrissey has said plenty of questionable shit over the years, but it's a bit of a stretch for anyone to take offense at this.

Nothing is a stretch on this site. It is still loaded with self-proclaimed ex-fans who are still firmly and bitterly trapped in fandom!

I’m just leaning Italian now. In this case, wouldn’t “addio” be more appropriate than “arrivederci”?

Morrissey's lyrics often suggest some vague idea of something after death. He's a poet. Most poets have some inkling of the spiritual - of something beyond this mundane, physical plain. Completely irrespective of any idea of 'god'.

As Bowie put it - You can tell me all about it on the next bardo.

Yeah but you have to realise that the faux outrage brigade are always out there, lurking in the sewers ready to slither forward whenever someone they have a childish gripe against speaks. Morrissey is up there with the greats whilst they are down there with the rats..."Rats, rats, rats, thousands of rats...aaahhh!'

I seem to remember reading an piece on Morricone's involvement on ROTT that revealed that it was Morricone's granddaughter that insisted that he take the Morrissey gig, as she was one pretty hip granddaughter who knew all about Moz and thought he merited the undoubted benefits that would come out of a collab with her musical genius of a grandfather.

Remember, this was 14 years ago, lol!

Morricone chose to work with Moz ,i think it's all said.
Very good gesture of Moz to remember!!.
Moz names his album because it was made with Morricone.
What else was i going to name!???.
You are all resentful and envious!!!!.
They will never never agree with Moz because they are PATHOLOGICAL!!.
They hate it but they come to the Moz site....
IT'S A DELIRIUM.
AND A COMPULSIVE OBSESSIONMOZ IN THEIR LIVES!!!!.
VIVA MOZY!!!!!!!

All I read was "once upon a time I was respected, and only idiots would judge me based on my behavior and words since."

Morrissey once brushed shoulders with the greats. Now he brushes his combover while paid sycophants tell him he is great.

RIP to the great Maestro, and you're next, Morrissey.
skinny just gave you a like,good for you,bad thing is you will need to change yer boxers.

Nothing is a stretch on this site. It is still loaded with self-proclaimed ex-fans who are still firmly and bitterly trapped in fandom!
course it is,they detest morrissey and yet they will turn on their old tower computers at all hours of the day and night and spew their mince onto a site dedicated to a singer who they dont listen to.
YOU CANT HELP BUT THINK THESE EX FANS ARE A SUBSPECIES.cee you next tuesday.

L O L :laughing:
I don’t think anyone has a problem with him reminiscing.
Its probably more to do with the opening sentence which comes across as “I’m it, you’re shit”.
Name dropping other big time showbiz chums who had failed to collaborate with Morricone.

You are correct that Steve never mentioned Bowie’s passing.

Everything Steve chooses to do or chooses not to do is done for maximum publicity/effect. He controls everything. This is why he now finds himself on the crap heap of celebrity showbiz with nobody to back him or promote him, let alone collaborate with him.

He is an absolute selfish c#nt full stop. Absolutely hilarious watching him come down the ladder of fame and the shit he is posting to try and cling on.

Keep it up Steve :popcorn:

🇬🇧:knife:

He said "YES" to the Pet Shop Boys in 1987...years before he said "YES" to Morrissey, why does he always have to write (or say) things as if he is some exception to some imaginary rule?

He said "YES" to the Pet Shop Boys in 1987...years before he said "YES" to Morrissey, why does he always have to write (or say) things as if he is some exception to some imaginary rule?
Did he say that EM only worked with Morrissey? Like some sort of private orchestrator? Jesus

It's comedy. Gallows humour parody rhapsody. Because death is all around him.

Everything on Central is in that tone or its a muddled attempt to be understood that gets abandoned. Or it's found media with a cryptic headline.

It's not trying to get publicity because he must know by now that it won't.

He just wants it pubished.

You might not like the style but it should be seen as a style. It's not what he'd naturally say.

Yeah but you have to realise that the faux outrage brigade are always out there, lurking in the sewers ready to slither forward whenever someone they have a childish gripe against speaks. Morrissey is up there with the greats whilst they are down there with the rats..."Rats, rats, rats, thousands of rats...aaahhh!'
We don't wear blinkers. We see straight through Morrissey.
You must have very little common sense to blindly adore one of the biggest reprobates in music.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom