Ennio Marchetto, Berlin- Morrissey Central

Ennio Marchetto, Berlin - Morrissey Central
May 25, 2018

“Last night’s Ennio Marchetto show at Tipi am Kanzleramt in Berlin was … well, words are not enough … genius, of course … unique, of course …. and very, very funny. Why don’t you find out for yourself? He plays tonight, tomorrow and Sunday.”
Morrissey 25 May, Berlin

Last edited by a moderator:
I had never heard of him. He looks really entertaining. I often find Morrissey's taste a bit dubious but totally agree with him here.

The "Living Paper Cartoon"? So how many trees had to die just for Morrissey's amusement?

I had the privilege of seeing him many years ago at Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club. Then a couple of years ago in Northampton. He was brilliant both times.

You really have to see him in the flesh to get the full effect – it’s very very clever. And funny.

Guess Morrissey is nostalgic for a time when there was more of an Italian influence in Berlin.

I had never heard of him. He looks really entertaining. I often find Morrissey's taste a bit dubious but totally agree with him here.
Looks totally ridiculous, is this what mega rich people enjoy? Bet he haggled for a free ticket though,..every penny counts to old Moz

Ennio Marchetto has performed shows in Israel. Needless to say, and sadly, it's the only country in the Middle East that would welcome him.

"The sky is dark for many others
They want it dark for you as well
Israel....."

Marchetto’s show is very, very cool.

Any of you see it?

I’m feelin’, naaaaaaaaaah. You never even knew who he was until you read this thread. ...but here ye’all be. Just a-yappin’ and a-tappin’ and a-trollin’ for reaction. Pretty needy, really.

Bunch of f***ing 3rd string wingers in a schoolyard match with no net. Couple a daft, tanked-wankers tweaking pylons about, pretending nobody's noticing they’re changing the goal posts.

No matter. Nobody’s even taken a proper shot .

Let’s keep the critical eye on Morrissey and those relevant to his story. It’s a Morrissey forum. ...and there’s plenty to be said about THAT narcissistic troglodyte without pissing all over Ennio Marchetto.

I told him this would happen. He wouldn’t listen when I told him to put Morrissey on the f***ing ban list.

The Hindu "Stop!" and the Cher mummy lifted a corner of my mouth for 12 seconds but to expect people to want to watch a whole hour of this is rather optimistic. It's nice to want to help a mate but it's worth remembering that:

- to watch a whole show of singing cardboard boobs, it helps to be a gay "papier mâché" (quote) singer.
-Arturo Brachetti is better at this, as he changes into Hitler at some point.

(Oh, you're absolutely welcome.)

Really don’t get the act, but each to their own I guess

Ennio Marchetto has performed shows in Israel. Needless to say, and sadly, it's the only country in the Middle East that would welcome him.

"The sky is dark for many others
They want it dark for you as well
Israel....."
Yes, that's exactly what I think that lyric is about. Surprising how many journalists have only read the title and made lazy assumptions.

Bad enough we have people on this website constantly quoting Morrissey lyrics. Now we have the man himself doing so. Look, why don’t you find out for yourself.

Bad enough we have people on this website constantly quoting Morrissey lyrics. Now we have the man himself doing so. Look, why don’t you find out for yourself.
He did it all the way through Autobiography. Come on, Sucksy, keep up. It did get kind of annoying but I think if he had done it in El Plotto Losto at least some sentences would have made sense.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom