England is not the world "James Bond should not be black, female, or gay" says Roger Moore

A

Anonymous

‘I have heard people talk about how there should be a lady Bond or a gay Bond. But they wouldn’t be Bond for the simple reason that wasn’t what Ian Fleming wrote.’

The 88-year-old star said ‘political correctness’ should not be pandered to, insisting: ‘It is not about being homophobic or, for that matter, racist – it is simply about being true to the character.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ays-political-correctness-not-considered.html

Amazing that they still make films about that boring guy but I guess grown men who have not matured need more useless entertainment. I would like to see Conchita Wurst as Bond.

It seems a reasonable point to me, the fact is that James Bond is a white man, together with his other characteristics.

If you make a film about Nelson Mandela, Nelson Mandela was black, so it seems reasonable to use a black man to play him.

It seems a reasonable point to me, the fact is that James Bond is a white man, together with his other characteristics.

If you make a film about Nelson Mandela, Nelson Mandela was black, so it seems reasonable to use a black man to play him.

Learn the diffrence between a historical and fictional person....... No offense but you sound right daft

Learn the diffrence between a historical and fictional person....... No offense but you sound right daft

Altough i belive in letting James Bond be James Bond. Its such a established character. Insted focus on creating parts like James Bond for women and the gay community in the future. Proper James Bond like part. No faffing about with ponsy sentimental storylines such as the Female character is out for revenge for the man who killed her baby or something like that. Cate Blanchett did an excellant performance as Dylan, without any Dylan being changed to "fit" a woman.

I'm waiting for the movie where Jesus and Cleopatra are black because he wold have been if he had existed and she was. I think they should be played by Samuel L Jackson and Pam Grier.

I'm waiting for the movie where Jesus and Cleopatra are black because he wold have been if he had existed and she was. I think they should be played by Samuel L Jackson and Pam Grier.

Again....... Historical vs fictional characters. It makes a huge difference. I agree that James Bond should stay as he is, because he is such a established character. See my post from above.

Not at all, you fool, I could equally refer to Atticus Finch, Harry Potter, ....... these are characters - and therefore have characteristics.

Not at all, you fool, I could equally refer to Atticus Finch, Harry Potter, ....... these are characters - and therefore have characteristics.

What?!. Still fictional characters.... Harry Potter could be re-written as a talking turkey. You tried to compare the notion of changing James Bond a fictional character with a historical person. Especially someone whos life work was against apartheid and for the rights of the black community, making him white seems a bit surreal. These are character therefore have charasterics means nothing. You can have a black Bond and easily adapt the current Bonds traits onto him. James Bond skin Color makes no difference to his character. The book has been written by serveral other authers since Ian Fleming. Being true to the character is a concept long gone. James Bond changes apperence constantly from Sean connery to Roger moore.

Plus it nicely plays into the fan theory that James Bond isnt a single person but insted a position

........Well atticus finch couldnt be played by anyone than a white Guy since its important to the plot

Again....... Historical vs fictional characters. It makes a huge difference. I agree that James Bond should stay as he is, because he is such a established character. See my post from above.

How does my post disagree with yours in any way? Maybe I didn't make it clear. Both of those are alleged to have been dark skinned, and one of them is alleged to be a fictional character. I understand that James Bond is fictional.

How does my post disagree with yours in any way? Maybe I didn't make it clear. Both of those are alleged to have been dark skinned, and one of them is alleged to be a fictional character. I understand that James Bond is fictional.

my bad, i just got it.

Back
Top Bottom