"England Is Mine" - Morrissey biopic new title revealed in interview with producer Orian Williams

Orian Williams is a movie producer . . .10 years ago, he produced “Control,” the debut feature of seminal rock photographer Anton Corbijn, a haunting B&W biopic of doomed Joy Division singer Ian Curtis.

Orian has a new Biopic coming out on Morrissey. The film was originally called Steven, but in this clip, Orian tells Nik & Lori they have changed the name.

UPDATE 5:00 PM PT:

Link from Rene:

Morrissey Biopic Gets New Title: England Is Mine - Pitchfork
The upcoming film was previously titled Steven

UPDATE Mar. 4:

Link from Rene:
Morrissey biopic has been given a new title - NME

Last edited by a moderator:
I recon STEVEN was not a blood working title. It was a fantasy and just another way to exploit Moz, just like this is. I know you Brits aren't French, but can you just give up? I reckon me hope Uncle Steve will send his high powered Beverly Hills attorneys to Englund to stop all this bull ox. Me reckon the title of a movie about Morrissey should be "LA is mine".

But for how long? :squiffy:
With trumpism ruling?
Only when California declares itself an independent state. :brows:
"Lausanne is mine".
And it owes me a living. :cool:

But for how long? :squiffy:
With trumpism ruling?
Only when California declares itself an independent state. :brows:
"Lausanne is mine".
And it owes me a living. :cool:

Amusingly the man leading the yes California secession campaign lives works and was educated in Russia

Amusingly the man leading the yes California secession campaign lives works and was educated in Russia

Oh, again, the irony!
Maybe Trump approves, saying who needs California?
He didn't and doesn't like it anyway because of Hollywood, San Francisco, the students, and the lefties and Mexicans. Did he make any derogatory comments about gays too?

I read it is economically seen at as the most important state but how important is it when it is also a state with deficits and financial chaos and how much of taxincomes are contributing to the US government. I don't know enough about that.

What I know is federal states are more or less independent and collect and invest taxmoney as they please without direct interference of US government.

But there seems to be legislation US government is responsible for helping a state out financially if bankruptcy seems unavoidable. Whether real bankruptcy is or is not apparent is almost impossible to recognize for many people.

We live in a fake world, with fake news, fake statistics, fake democracy and have to adjust to that.
But how? :squiffy:

Oh, again, the irony!
Maybe Trump approves, saying who needs California?
He didn't and doesn't like it anyway because of Hollywood, San Francisco, the students, and the lefties and Mexicans. Did he make any derogatory comments about gays too?

I read it is economically seen at as the most important state but how important is it when it is also a state with deficits and financial chaos and how much of taxincomes are contributing to the US government. I don't know enough about that.

What I know is federal states are more or less independent and collect and invest taxmoney as they please without direct interference of US government.

But there seems to be legislation US government is responsible for helping a state out financially if bankruptcy seems unavoidable. Whether real bankruptcy is or is not apparent is almost impossible to recognize for many people.

We live in a fake world, with fake news, fake statistics, fake democracy and have to adjust to that.
But how? :squiffy:

They contribute a good deal in federal income taxes alone and I think are considered one of the least dependent on federal aid. Just on quick search and this came up from the Atlantic. Being so populous they are also a much needed market. As to the Hollywood trump connection it's hard him to seriously as what he says contradicts from one moment to the next but I did, again amusingly coincidental, see him in a movie role yesterday when I turned on little rascals for my son. I think he just likes public approval and if Hollywood supported him he'd love Hollywood etc. I definitely think he likes attention from his tabloid pretending to be his own press agent days. Don't think he's said anything negative against gay men or women but I don't know that he cares much either given the trans school bathroom pullback

https://www.theatlantic.com/busines...tates-are-givers-and-which-are-takers/361668/

I reckon I forecast Morrissey running for California Governor as a democrat and he would win. He would never admit it, but I would think he is a US Citizen by now and has lived in CA for way more than 5 years.

But, wouldn't it be more appropriate to title it England Was Mine?
More in line with the present, actual situation?
How tragic it may seem, the living it owed him he found somewhere else.
And I do believe that sentiment is shared by more then one in England nowadays.
Rightly or wrongly, it exists and Moz sang about it already so many years ago and received a lot of hostile reactions because of it.

This is really interesting Quando, I have always thought that Quarry was his last "English" album, all that followed have not spoken to me in the same way as he is not singing about my home. That's not to say they are bad albums, there is just not the same connection.

I think it's a mistake that the movie ends when Morrissey meets Mar. Many Smiths/Morrissey fans will have a look, but why would anyone else bother to watch a geeky, odd, depressed teenager? Had this movie moved into his career they could have captured a new audience with the music.

This is really interesting Quando, I have always thought that Quarry was his last "English" album, all that followed have not spoken to me in the same way as he is not singing about my home. That's not to say they are bad albums, there is just not the same connection.

Thinking in terms like that, I would say Malajusted was his last "English" album and Quarry a mixed "English" and "American" album.
In that sense I consider "World peace" as a "World" or "Global" album due to the many different musical and lyrical influences.
I hope I don't annoy any British fans by denying them their beloved icon but they should be proud of him achieving it.
Not bad for a lad from Manc!
Cheers

Thinking in terms like that, I would say Malajusted was his last "English" album and Quarry a mixed "English" and "American" album.
In that sense I consider "World peace" as a "World" or "Global" album due to the many different musical and lyrical influences.
I hope I don't annoy any British fans by denying them their beloved icon but they should be proud of him achieving it.
Not bad for a lad from Manc!
Cheers
Yes Quando actually you are spot on with that. Quarry has mentions of Camden but also America. So Malajusted would be his last truly "English" album.
I don't think it should annoy British fans but its easy done here!
Morrissey has truly transcended his origins which we should be proud about, I just miss that connection.

Yes Quando actually you are spot on with that. Quarry has mentions of Camden but also America. So Malajusted would be his last truly "English" album.
Morrissey has truly transcended his origins which we should be proud about, I just miss that connection.

[video]

I always thought of maladjusted as an l.a album myself. Songs like alma matters ambitious outsiders and lost etc just make me think of it that way. I mean obviously no one completely leaves behind where they're from but to me that album reflects l.a while quarry seems to start the international version of morrissey. The songs about America and Camden just make me think that he's not a part of them anymore and first of the gang with it character named hector for whatever reason makes me think of a Hispanic man. Sure that could mean l.a but to me its still somewhat of a change towards singing about other cultures and other perspectives that don't share his upbringing. Quarry feels like the start of morrissey man about the world that would come into full manifestation on world peace. The move to Rome the songs about Paris kinda hint further at the shift

I think I do understand you miss that connection.
And the melancholic, a bit nostalgic feeling that comes with that.
The feeling of loss what was once so direct, emotional and "different", absurd, and funny at the same time.
Nobody else then The Smiths and Moz did that.

But hey, you still had that experience.
Don't forget when music like that hits you it is an unforgettable feeling. Something many people don't know what it is and why.
That feeling and experience IS something to preserve and to remember and feel good about.
Cheers Honest Voice! :thumb:

I think I do understand you miss that connection.
And the melancholic, a bit nostalgic feeling that comes with that.
The feeling of loss what was once so direct, emotional and "different", absurd, and funny at the same time.
Nobody else then The Smiths and Moz did that.

But hey, you still had that experience.
Don't forget when music like that hits you it is an unforgettable feeling. Something many people don't know what it is and why.
That feeling and experience IS something to preserve and to remember and feel good about.
Cheers Honest Voice! :thumb:
Wow !! Absolutely spot on Quando. That is what the connection felt like, melancholic, a bit nostalgic, so direct, emotional and "different", absurd, and funny at the same time, I couldn't have written that more perfectly.

It is treasured, and will never be forgotten. Thanks Quando

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom