End of tour statement by Mozzer

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2011 (read-only)' started by Ben Chill, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Mozza220559

Mozza220559 Surmontil 50

I'm sorry but Moz sounds on top form, hilarious and witty and scathing as ever, why you all panicking? He's had an amazing time and cannot thank everyone enough, what do you all want him to do?

I'll always love him, ALWAYS and with regards to Flax's pics of Moz at the gig, he's looking ruddy good!

2. PaleBlueDot

PaleBlueDot New Member

Yeah exactly, between this and the peoples reaction to the recent Morrissey V Solo drama, it's almost like you lot don't know the man at all.

3. Raphael Lambach

Raphael Lambach Well-Known Member

No worries,..
    It's just his personal and familiar complains about not having a record deal.
    Between 99/02 his words were very very similar.

4. Ms Valerie Gina

Ms Valerie Gina New Member

LOL OMG I was totally standing nearby to you!!!! I saw you taking these photos! Can you e-mail them to me? I'll commission even! I want to get some prints for one of my guest houses

5. dave.jay1@ntlworld.com

[email protected] Dave Jay

...I Had to laugh at this :-
    " My admiration for those who refuse to miss a single concert is almost too emotive to voice. Words fail me".

I just wonder how many actual FANS turn up at the theatres, and then simply REFUSE to go in to the show, thereby disappointing Morrissey, (and Band-mates), by their sudden Non-attendance ( at such short notice)...

6. Worm

Worm Taste the diffidence

Morrissey acknowledges that fans will come out and buy tickets for shows despite a lack of management, record contract, publicity, and so forth. Why, it's as if he's discovered a way to sell his music to fans directly, without a middle man!

Then he turns around and bemoans the lack of a record deal, i.e., he's angry that a middle man hasn't come riding in on a white horse to save him.

Someone needs to explain to Morrissey how the Internet works, and how it might be the perfect option for an artist still going strong enough to make some money, but not strong enough to land a big-label record deal. It's baffling that he can't put the two together. He provided the solution to his own dilemma right there in his statement.

7. punkinthesupermarket

punkinthesupermarket Junior Member

why not have a CD with new songs to go with the autobiography (packed inside the cover) - he could easily do version with / version without cd as well @ two different prices.....plus he should definitely consider doing an audiobook deal (with him reading the autobiography)

8. billy scissors

billy scissors a bit fond

:rolleyes:

9. smiler

smiler Junior Member

how distasteful - shamelessly trying to take credit where non is due a usual

10. Amy

Amy from the Ice Age to the dole age

:straightface:

11. smiler

smiler Junior Member

that fan was me!

He'll be back - didn't he mention how he wanted to tour Mexico again....
    He will be pre-occupied with the court case for a while and then the autobiography. I am not sure any good can come of the court case to be honest. Like he says the NME will drag up (mis)quote after quote from 1888 and (faded) star witnesses with a grudge and a free afternoon. The NME clearly think they can win otherwise they would just say sorry (i am pretty sure connor is long gone so it would be easy to distance themselves now - who knows maybe they will last minute). Morrissey (as ever) sounds defeated already and somewhat backed into a corner. The most damaging quote is the chinese subspecies blunder but I don't think the NME can rely on that alone. They will be counting on a knife in the back from someone long pushed out of his inner circle (as it where). I am sure there is at least one or two ready in the shadows with some bitter half arsed "truths". Even if he wins he loses, perhaps if he loses he wins, who knows, he'll draw even more parallels to Wilde in defeat. The judges decision is almost irrelevant now, minds are made up on either side. Its a big gamble for both sides, Morrissey will be ready for the grave if he loses and surely the NME could not recover, financially if nothing else. Can any of us say hand on heart that with this level of publicity and this amount of money at stake that someone somewhere couldn't rake up a quote or a testimony that painted you or i in a negative light on almost any subject matter. It is very hard to prove a negative. After all one confirmed, semi-private, half-meant, mis-spoken, quote beats endless solid evidence to the contrary..............I wish him all the best, perhaps it will all end well for once, I do hope so....... certainly with all the good/bad publicity he will get in the coming year record company interest will follow, the question will be, will he be interested by then?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  12. Maurice E

Maurice E Junior Member

He just means that he's resigned to the fact that he won't get a serious offer from a well established music label. Such resignation can only be a good thing. He's realised that, like 97% of his peers from the 1980s (Heaton, Cole, Bragg, Gedge etc), he'll need to start putting out low-cost albums on much smaller labels. Either that or come up with a couple of brilliant singles, and get a Noel Gallagher/Coldplay/U2 type deal (but having heard the new stuff from the 2011 tour, that's looking pretty unlikely).

13. The Seeker of Good Songs

The Seeker of Good Songs Well-Known Member

"I now no longer expect to live long enough to experience an offer to record for a grownup label. This topic would not sound quite so banal had I not mentioned it 47 times already. I promise I will not mention it again. The world, I expect, will somehow endure, even as the follow-up to 'Years of refusal' grows less and less likely. End of subject. I promise."

This, to me, reads like a spoiled child, angry at how the game is going and picks up his ball and runs off home.

14. smiler

smiler Junior Member

....you sound like someone popped your balloon

15. CrystalGeezer

CrystalGeezer My secret's my enzyme.

Based on his demeanor and comments on the tour I think it's unlikely he's literally suicidal. And in general in the statement he sounds very at ease with the way his life is now.

16. The Harsh Truth

The Harsh Truth Monstrum

This, to me, reads like you are a cunt.

17. mcrickson

mcrickson Reckless Endangerment

I thought this was why some people loved Morrissey; because he's an eight year-old hermaphrodite trapped in a fifty-two year-old's body.

18. CrystalGeezer

CrystalGeezer My secret's my enzyme.

Don't underestimate the deliciousness of peanut butter crackers paired with a fine pinot noir. :thumb:

19. ¡Viva Morrissey!

¡Viva Morrissey! Banned

I think you're right!

I love you.

You sound jealous. Don't be. You're clearly the better talent. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  20. Maurice E

Maurice E Junior Member

:confused: