Emily Browning wears The Smiths T-Shirt in "God Help the Girl"

Vu writes:

The latest Stuart Murdoch film God Help the Girl is hitting a small selective theaters and On Demand tomorrow, September 5th.

The film stars Emily Browning, and in one scene, you can see Browning wearing The Smiths' Meat is Murder T-Shirt (see attachment). Browning is no stranger to The Smiths, as she's heard singing "Asleep" in Sucker Punch (2011).

"God Help the Girl" trailer - Apple

From writer/director Stuart Murdoch (lead singer of beloved indie pop group Belle & Sebastian) comes the most delightfully different musical of the year. Eve (Emily Browning) is a catastrophe—low on self-esteem but high on fantasy, especially when it comes to music. Over the course of one Glasgow summer, she meets two similarly rootless souls: posh Cass (Hannah Murray) and fastidious James (Olly Alexander), and together they decide there's only one thing to do: form a pop group.

godhelpthegirl-printscreen.jpg

UPDATE 4:30PM PT:

From Vu:

Here is a better example. Also note that Morrissey, Johnny Marr, and Rough Trade Records, are thanked in the credits.

ghtg-tshirt.jpg

Last edited:
Not a huge surprise. B&S are on Rough Trade, and Stuart Murdoch has spoken highly of the Smiths and Moz.

ill still watch it i think as i love murdoch and am curious. hope i can make a good comp album out of the soundtrack after cutting it down. dont know much about this as i havent been paying him much attention to him lately

Back
Top Bottom