Elvis Presley movie

cameronk

Cameron
Anyone else watch the new Elvis Presley movie? Absolutely heartbreaking at the end.

To me, Elvis Presley is by far number one. My all time favorite artist, bar none. So, of course I approached the concept of a biopic with a large amount of trepidation. Seeing the first trailer or teaser or whatever it was, I was gutted. “He looks like a child! He looks like a synth pop artist from the eighties!” Then Priscilla and Elvis’ close friend Jerry Schilling praised it. Cool, I thought, but then immediately realized that there’s probably a bit of money in it for Priscilla and the EPE. But then Lisa Marie and her kids praised it. She’s very private and even though she’s involved with the EPE, she has never struck me as a bullshitter. This past Saturday, I saw the film. And thank God, it was good. More importantly, it was made with endless amounts of respect and love for Elvis. And Austin Butler, the child synth pop artist, was extraordinary. If he doesn’t win an Oscar, something fishy is going on.

I agree
To me, Elvis Presley is by far number one. My all time favorite artist, bar none. So, of course I approached the concept of a biopic with a large amount of trepidation. Seeing the first trailer or teaser or whatever it was, I was gutted. “He looks like a child! He looks like a synth pop artist from the eighties!” Then Priscilla and Elvis’ close friend Jerry Schilling praised it. Cool, I thought, but then immediately realized that there’s probably a bit of money in it for Priscilla and the EPE. But then Lisa Marie and her kids praised it. She’s very private and even though she’s involved with the EPE, she has never struck me as a bullshitter. This past Saturday, I saw the film. And thank God, it was good. More importantly, it was made with endless amounts of respect and love for Elvis. And Austin Butler, the child synth pop artist, was extraordinary. If he doesn’t win an Oscar, something fishy is going on.
I agree.
Elvis is number one (though I prefer M)
I thought the film was great

Morrissey should play at the Westgate (which was the International later the Hilton) which was where Elvis played all those shows over the years. Roughly same capacity (slightly smaller) than CP venue.

Great vids above......Elvis's voice stayed solid over the years.

Tags
elvis presley
Back
Top Bottom