Morrissey Central ELIZABETH DWYER DIES (August 14, 2020)

August 14, 2020

Morrissey's very beloved mother - and best friend, Elizabeth Dwyer, has passed away.

A service will be held in Dublin where Elizabeth was born.

All are welcome.

full

"All my life's buried here … heap earth upon it."

-Oscar Wilde.

Update:

"Anyone wishing to send flowers for Elizabeth Dwyer can have them delivered to the gates of Beechmount, Bowdon Road, Bowdon, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA142AJ, England."
Also:

Media coverage:
Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt it. Moz would be horrified by a few people like Aztec and Rifke who have really shown their true colours in the last day. They have no respect for anyone and are too selfish, stupid, and socially stunted to realise that nobody wants to read their disgusting posts.

Agree.

Also some posters I thought might be callous, were nice.

I doubt it. Moz would be horrified by a few people like Aztec and Rifke who have really shown their true colours in the last day. They have no respect for anyone and are too selfish, stupid, and socially stunted to realise that nobody wants to read their disgusting posts.
i always thought this was him:

it reads exactly like he would write an anonymous post (and im brilliant at detecting a persons personal tone and style). if im wrong, someone let me know!

there was also another post written to me shortly after i first came here. before i came here i had sent him a letter with a quote by ee cummings and after a few weeks of posting here out of nowhere an anon said to me "you should have come here sooner. do you by any chance like ee cummings?". i also thought that might be him or maybe someone who reads his letters, because why else would they have asked me that apros pos of nothing?

my deepest condolence and respect for lady elizabeth anne dwyer.

may her soul rest in peace.

losing the most beloved one is greatest pain soul can adhere to.

817%2B9JoJlcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

20200815_091319.jpg

(context: reply to Gary Day).

The house in Altrincham is an Airbnb place....

Yes but owned by the family and has been used as a place to live for Morrissey and his mother over the years and is listed as the registered address for Elizabeth Dwyer in relation to two companies that Morrissey was also a director for.

Losing someone so close, who has been such an integral part of your life, is one of the greatest vicissitudes you have to bear. Sadly speaking from experience, my heart goes out to anyone going through this. But you have to give thanks that she (or he) has walked this earth and has left such an enduring, kind impression upon people. I only hope that Morrissey will somehow get through the grieving process (however long or short, only he can decide) and embrace acceptance.

At the funeral of such a close relative you are bound to be an emotional mess, and it's quite possible you are going to break down in tears outside the venue. Whether you want a bunch of random fans standing there watching you at such a difficult time is something to carefully consider. The virus will at least stop most of the travelling fans who might otherwise have descended on mass, which I suspect may end up being a blessing.
I think the ones who post here without any self awareness are not likely to go to the funeral anyway. By go to the funeral I mean line the streets to the church and/or cemetery which is what is being done during this time of covid here in Ireland anyway. It's a dignified and respectful way of showing solidarity with a family during a time of loss. "All are welcome" to me indicates that the family would be happy for anyone who wants to pay their respects, to do so. I'm sure most Morrissey fans and friends on here know how to behave at a funeral and realise it's not about them.
In normal times here, it can take half an hour before and after the funeral mass for all of the congregation to shake hands with all the family. This sovereign right to self expression and humanity is sadly lacking due to fear of covid.

August 14, 2020

Morrissey's very beloved mother - and best friend, Elizabeth Dwyer, has passed away.

A service will be held in Dublin where Elizabeth was born.

All are welcome.

full

"All my life's buried here … heap earth upon it."

-Oscar Wilde.

Update:

"Anyone wishing to send flowers for Elizabeth Dwyer can have them delivered to the gates of Beechmount, Bowdon Road, Bowdon, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA142AJ, England."
Also:

Media coverage:
Related items:
The Irish Times have also written a piece

I think the ones who post here without any self awareness are not likely to go to the funeral anyway. By go to the funeral I mean line the streets to the church and/or cemetery which is what is being done during this time of covid here in Ireland anyway. It's a dignified and respectful way of showing solidarity with a family during a time of loss. "All are welcome" to me indicates that the family would be happy for anyone who wants to pay their respects, to do so. I'm sure most Morrissey fans and friends on here know how to behave at a funeral and realise it's not about them.
In normal times here, it can take half an hour before and after the funeral mass for all of the congregation to shake hands with all the family. This sovereign right to self expression and humanity is sadly lacking due to fear of covid.

I sincerely no one comes here in droves. We don't need a covid outbreak because of people travelling here and it would be against all travel advice aside from the fact everyone coming here has to isolate for 2 weeks. Irish government site states that no funeral details should be posted publicly.

I thought this one was rather odd since Elizabeth reportedly disliked the film a lot.

" ahead of her time "...see where Moz inherited it from.

" ahead of her time "...see where Moz inherited it from.
She was the main influence on him in all aspects that matter so yes, he definitely got it from her.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom