El Cajon, CA - The Magnolia (Nov. 14, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / The Bullfighter Dies / Jim Jim Falls / Rebels Without Applause / Girlfriend In A Coma / My Life Is a Succession Of People Saying Goodbye / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Loop / My Hurling Days Are Done / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart / Knockabout World / Saint In A Stained Glass Window / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of FB, FWD & verified against setlist.fm

Last edited:
Cya esta noche.
Tomorrow morning I am going to be on the Radio (91X fm) doing a review of (if it happens) the show tonite and I will be defending him about him having a hate-love relations with his beloved fans, por favor listen around 9:30am @ 91X fm

Gracias🙏
O.k. Mario….Danielle likes MORRISSEY…..and Marty really likes MORRISSEY. c ya then …d.g.

I know FWD replied to say Apocalypse Now. A magnificent slow-burn of a film, best seen in 4K if possible. Proper old school non-CGI film making from Francis Ford Coppola. And possibly Martin Sheen's best film.
… next to Badlands?

On coming back for the encore, he sang the last verse of Sing Your Life. His shirt read “Morrissey, Rebels Without Applause”

“You have a lovely singing voice, a lovely singing voice”View attachment 85923
You've posted some cracking photos on here my friend, and he looks in good spirits. Glad everything seems back to normal:sunglasses:

I'm happy for Moz and the fans that he was ok to do the concert
I second that emotion!

L.A. is probably one of the handful of places in the world associated with home and belonging for Morrissey. Fans near there have him back for a week or so which may imbue proceedings with a festival air, making the real much more appealing than the virtual: thus the relative online neglect. Perhaps : )

Wishing all those getting into the groove for the show tonight a brilliant time!

Last edited:
I can’t believe I haven’t been able to enjoy a full concert lol. I mean, I really love seeing Steve live :) It provides a little joy to my brain, and is a respite from my stressful work life.
*Using the work computer
Not sure if this signed me my name (I was christened Dirk Blaggard lol) or the anonymous

Jest you may, not sure anyone can feel sorry for anyone on the west coast of 'merica. It's still a f***ing paradise no matter what these mental right wingers say. Plus M has already had a Vegas residency ,warm up gig and mini festival over here .

So you can't fecking be hard done by

Im lucky enough to work over here- two of the crew are also big M fans.
So I personally was lucky enough to go to 2 of the Vegas shows and I'm off to see him with one of my work mates tonight , I f***ing hope .

I'm not sure how M got over his bug . my daughter is still unwell .
not throwing up anymore but she couldn't do a gig . Lol

*Using the work computer
Not sure if this signed me my name (I was christened Dirk Blaggard lol) or the anonymous

Jest you may, not sure anyone can feel sorry for anyone on the west coast of 'merica. It's still a f***ing paradise no matter what these mental right wingers say. Plus M has already had a Vegas residency ,warm up gig and mini festival over here .

So you can't fecking be hard done by

Im lucky enough to work over here- two of the crew are also big M fans.
So I personally was lucky enough to go to 2 of the Vegas shows and I'm off to see him with one of my work mates tonight , I f***ing hope .

I'm not sure how M got over his bug . my daughter is still unwell .
not throwing up anymore but she couldn't do a gig . Lol
Oh I’m not complaining about my life. I was born lucky. Fate just handed it to me. :)

Last edited:
I know FWD replied to say Apocalypse Now. A magnificent slow-burn of a film, best seen in 4K if possible. Proper old school non-CGI film making from Francis Ford Coppola. And possibly Martin Sheen's best film.
It's an unforgettable experience watching Apocalypse Now for the first time. Lays bare the cruelty and barbarism at the heart of this thing we call 'civilisation'. A theme clearly that chimes with Moz, going all the way back to 'Meat is Murder'.

I think the post on Moz Central yesterday would count as 'news' wouldn't it? The album is no longer set for release in Feb 2023, if it ever was, which now looks very unlikely.
Not a big deal to me. Albums get delays all the time. It's just being magnified and over dramatised because of Morrissey's exit half way through his concert.

You've posted some cracking photos on here my friend, and he looks in good spirits. Glad everything seems back to normal:sunglasses:
Thank you ❤️- the venue really was perfect; last night felt so intimate and personal. My first Moz gig, I pray, of many.

Thank you ❤️- the venue really was perfect; last night felt so intimate and personal. My first Moz gig, I pray, of many.
Yeah, the stage looks very contained, and the audience quite close. Reminds me of the gigs he used to play at the Barrowlands in Glasgow. Unbelievable manic atmosphere at those shows. Wish he'd play there again.
Here's to many more shows for all of us😎

[abrupt beginning to video]
...New album, but I don't know where it's gone, I don't know where it's gone... That's life.
But here's a song that would have been on it...

[in to Rebels Without Applause]
This sounds like more than just "it's been delayed by a few weeks/months due to record pressing plant queues". :squiffy:

alain shoulda just took over the vocals at the greek theater show
He certainly rehearsed the vocals when doing those » Safe At Home « accoustic sessions during the covid lockdown, which were quite entertaining and proof tht he really is a decent fellow. The crowd might appreciate a song or two like that, but in he end they paid to see Morrissey.

I probably said it before but isn't juangaleanotoro the dogs bollocks?
He is easily the most stylish person in the band. Nice little quiff as well.
Meanwhile, Alain needs to get a new haircut, his quiff is now starting way too far back

I probably said it before but isn't juangaleanotoro the dogs bollocks?​

He is easily the most stylish person in the band. Nice little quiff as well.​

Meanwhile, Alain needs to get a new haircut, his quiff is now starting way too far back​

He’s awesome. Brendan is a great drummer too. Love the stuff he’s been posting online. With Alain back I think this tour is legendary— I’d buy a live album in a heartbeat. I miss Beethoven Was Deaf :(

There were weird issues with a bootleg T-shirt vendor. After the concert by the tour buses the security guards kept yelling at her. Then in the parking garage a car was stopped blocking the cars exiting. There was someone in the passenger's seat, but not the driver's. There were two T-shirts by the back tire on the ground. Karen Z. picked them up and gave one to me. But as we rounded the corner towards our cars the lady came after us telling us they were her's and she wanted money. I gave the T-shirt back right away, but Karen actually looked in her wallet for cash, but didn't have any, so she gave the T-shirt back. A little while later I passed Mozzer's white tour bus on the freeway going 56W.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom