El Cajon, CA - The Magnolia (Nov. 14, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / The Bullfighter Dies / Jim Jim Falls / Rebels Without Applause / Girlfriend In A Coma / My Life Is a Succession Of People Saying Goodbye / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Loop / My Hurling Days Are Done / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart / Knockabout World / Saint In A Stained Glass Window / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of FB, FWD & verified against setlist.fm

Last edited:
Venue very quick to post images: nice.

M wearing a belt for a change,looks healthy, so the rumour he was rushed to hospital was just that,a rumour.amazing how an aborted show gets hundreds of comments and a show that went very well has 21 comments.

[abrupt beginning to video]
...New album, but I don't know where it's gone, I don't know where it's gone... That's life.
But here's a song that would have been on it...

[in to Rebels Without Applause]
Has Capitol dropped him already? Why would he say that?

Whilst I'm delighted to see that Moz is well and able to continue with the US tour - the lack of a statement yesterday apologising to his fans for Saturday night and clarifying that last night's show would be going ahead, is just appalling. Isn't he with Quest Artist Management? I'm sure that doesn't come cheap. Even if Moz couldn't be bothered, that's their job, isn't it? To release some sort of statement? All we got yesterday was a message that the album is delayed and its fate 'in the hands of Capitol Records'. Negotiating with / complaining about Capitol and BMG over the internet in this way is embarrassing. Is it any wonder that Johnny Marr walked out on The Smiths 35 years ago? Working with Morrissey must be a nightmare. Not quite so endearing when you're 63. Will we still love him, when he's 64? Yes, is the answer from me at least, but the last 48 hours have definitely tested that. The record labels are watching - that's the real tragedy.

If accurate, nice setlist....

When he got to Girlfriend, I'm sure a few in the crowd must have crossed themselves and said a prayer that he would make it to the next song. Thank God it looks like Saturday night wasn't serious...

Entrance & We Hate...

More to follow by looks...

'would have been'?
btw, Spin wrote an article about this, they are trying to get a comment from Capitol, I posted it in the thread about Bonfire unlit or whatever it's named
It's very depressing news about the album. I have always thought there is a possibility that BOT may never get a release, and this just confirms that fear. Not unless Moz decides to bypass the record labels and release it himself. But there is little sign that would ever happen. And events of the past 48 hours will make any sensible record label run a mile. Forget any worries about Moz's 'controversial views' - they will be much more worried about his disappearing act. Any label would want to be able to rely on him to turn up and promote the album. Yea, right.

Leaving the venue:

It's very depressing news about the album. I have always thought there is a possibility that BOT may never get a release, and this just confirms that fear. Not unless Moz decides to bypass the record labels and release it himself. But there is little sign that would ever happen. And events of the past 48 hours will make any sensible record label run a mile. Forget any worries about Moz's 'controversial views' - they will be much more worried about his disappearing act. Any label would want to be able to rely on him to turn up and promote the album. Yea, right.
He is making it sound like he can't release it himself now because of Capitol. I think this is just classic Morrissey self sabbotaging and passing the buck, I seriously question if there ever was a deal and if there was, why was it for everywhere but the UK.
I had said in another post that I did not think his views are the problem, his unreliable and erratic behavior is. Not only would I want nothing to do with what he's been up to lately, but I would demand Central be turned over to someone who actually knows what is acceptable posting and what is not and I still do not know what was up with that sleazy looking promoter the other night.
I don't think anyone is giving him extra credit for actually doing his job tonight.

El Cajon CA, 11/14/2022

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom