Edwin Jagger boss Neil Jagger mentions couriering razors to Morrissey

An anonymous person writes:

Hello! Little story today from The Star newspaper in Sheffield relating to our man Morrissey... who wanted top quality, Steel City-made razors couriering to him in LA at short notice!

Hair necessity for smooth operator - The Star

Excerpt:

Heaven knows I need a shave now

WHAT do you do when Morrissey calls at three in the morning when you’re on holiday in France and says he must have two razors by next day?

If you’re anyone but Neil Ernst Edwin Jagger you smile, turn over and hope you can still remember your bizarre dream in the morning.

But if you ARE the man behind Edwin Jagger you get on the phone to Sheffield and arrange for two razors to be couriered to the former Smiths front man.

Even though he’s in Los Angeles.

That’s what actually happened to Edwin a few years ago and though it was, er, a bit of a close shave, they did it.

“We were staying in a caravan in France and I got this call at two or three o’clock in the morning from someone in California to say he needed two of our razors sent to him for Morrissey of all people in Los Angeles by the next day.

“It was bit of an odd one but we did it. We got them to him from Sheffield by next morning Los Angeles time,” added Edwin.

Is this only time he's been photographed with anything close to a beard?
hi_2008_thatshowpeople71_1.jpg
I can't recall him ever having had a 'stache.

Note to all: this is a story about razors made of sheffield steel. lovely.
Not brushes.

Is this only time he's been photographed with anything close to a beard?
View attachment 13092
I can't recall him ever having had a 'stache.

I seem to remember a Smiths era photo ('87?) where he has a LOT of stubble. Much more than on that photo. I wish I could find it.

Note to all: this is a story about razors made of sheffield steel. lovely.
Not brushes.

also, the "courier" is probably a simple fed-ex packet with no more environmental impact than regular post. i don't think we are to presume that the blades were flown over by charter jet with their own first class seats...

also, the "courier" is probably a simple fed-ex packet with no more environmental impact than regular post. i don't think we are to presume that the blades were flown over by charter jet with their own first class seats...

Yeah, because local shops that he could just walk to clearly wouldn't stock anything as obscure as a packet of razor blades.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom