Edinburgh, Scotland - Usher Hall (July 30, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Alma Matters / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / You Have Killed Me / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Speedway / Maladjusted / Still Ill / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / People Are The Same Everywhere / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Meat Is Murder // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by pubrockcoma

Last edited:
Re: short memories

Last edited:
Re: short memories

Superfans hated Julia and now we hate the Superfans. Julia didn't deserve the hatred they gave her, she runs the official website.
I have unfortunately met these Superfans. I hate their smug arrogance, demanding the right to handshakes, attention seeking "I love you" The concert is more about them than Morrissey .
They called Julia a "c**t" in front of Morrissey at Cambridge Exchange.
http://www.contactmusic.com/news/morrissey-halts-gig-to-reprimand-fan_1103595/
and how they lord it over people.Well not anymore.
Get a life or maybe what you did to Julia will happen to you.

Not true.

You are talking about an incident involving one person. The person concerned did go to a lot of gigs but wasn't one of the people who queue up all day, as mentioned here.

The vast majority of people who attend multiple gigs get on perfectly well with Julia.

I witnessed the Cambridge incident and it was horrific, and the fan concerned was rightly asked to leave. As far as i am aware he has never returned.

I wouldn't concern one's self with the self-titled *superfan* brigade, just do you own thing.
Enjoy the gigs and leave these persons to get on with their misguided nonsense.
Besides, as someone pointed out, the likes of that strange boy in the William & Kate jersey, and Lewin, they've been around for a year, so don't really matter.
Just don't fall for their F**k Morrissey Solo/I don't go there lies; course they do, as this is the place to be.

Viva Solo, and long may it reign.

Yep. Still boring.

Yep, you're still on ignore. Still a bore-face-time-attention-whore.

Every time you link to his name, I have to print it off, tippex out your name and pass it to The Boss.
He insists on seeing all replies 'without prejudice' of names.
Don't delude yourself he'll pay you any notice unless you write something interesting.
That seems increasingly unlikely!:rolleyes:

I know you'll just get the #Troll.Fail! stamp but it's the way we have to do things on this project.

Sharon McCormick - Secretary to 'BrummieBoy'

http://www.secretarythemovie.co.uk/html/synopsis.html

just as I thought, here's his response:

#Troll.Fail!
#Ignore List

dante inferno troll.jpg

tumblr_m2y3c753Hv1qaoie1.gif

Does anyone have the time to read this nonsense let alone type it!

stick to jpegs'n'gifs, bitch!
words...fail....you....
each... and..... every..... single..... time......:lbf:

#Troll.Fail
#Ignore List

Sharon, please collect some of these 'gifs' for Project use. It saves us time :cool:

regards.

stick to jpegs'n'gifs, bitch!
words...fail....you....
each... and..... every..... single..... time......:lbf:

#Troll.Fail
#Ignore List

Sharon, please collect some of these 'gifs' for Project use. It saves us time :cool:

regards.

tumblr_m89qziK8eS1qkgczu.gif

You are boring.

Don't quote entire responses if you have nothing meaningful to add to them.
You will make the thread unwieldy for other readers.
Please attend remedial 'troll forum skills' session in 'The Pigsty'
They are run on a weekly basis.

#Troll.Fail

social narcissist troll.jpg

Sharon: Action: book this amateur troll onto 'Basic Troll Skills on Moz.Solo.com'.

regards

Don't quote entire responses if you have nothing meaningful to add to them.
You will make the thread unwieldy for other readers.
Please attend remedial 'troll forum skills' session in 'The Pigsty'
They are run on a weekly basis.

#Troll.Fail

View attachment 13865

Sharon: Action: book this amateur troll onto 'Basic Troll Skills on Moz.Solo.com'.

regards

Sigh. Do people fall asleep while you are talking to them?

Sigh. Do people fall asleep while you are talking to them?

Well done! You're learning how to use the edit function. :thumb:
Now work on 'effective troll strategies for 'Morrissey-Solo cult members':rolleyes:
Return to induction level in 'The Pigsty':straightface:

#Troll.Fail!

trollfail001.jpg

Troll Skill Level: 1/10

regards

Last edited:
Well done! You're learning how to use the edit function. :thumb:
Now work on 'effective troll strategies for 'Morrissey-Solo cult members':rolleyes:
Return to induction level in 'The Pigsty':straightface:

#Troll.Fail!

View attachment 13866

Troll Skill Level: 1/10

regards

I imagine this is quite a common sight for you.

403&v=fit512.jpg

Go on then, reply by regurgitating the same old nonsense.

You started off OK, but the insults are creeping in. Why feel the need to insult people you've never met?

P.

Dear 'Uncleskinny'

In order to respond appropriately, perhaps you could indicate which comment(s) by me on this thread have exercised you. I do not 'feel the need to insult people' I've never met although I note Morrissey felt the need to insult Madonna's adopted African child, David Banda. I'm not aware of him apologising or retracting that statement. Regardless of any valid infraction of etiquette you may alert me to, your communication merits a wider and deeper response. I note with you appear to be monitoring my presence and I am pleased to see that there is some attempt at 'moderation' taking place on at least some threads. However, there are serious issues with moderation, some of which I will now bring to your attention so that you may reflect 'going forward'.

I am curious as to why you have chosen to intervene on this thread rather than focus on truly hateful comments which remain without sanction elsewhere on this website.No doubt you have been completely unaware of the offending 'thread' and will be deeply shocked, shocked!, concerned and alarmed as you become aware of it. I haven't read all of the comments as they are so ugly:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/conte...orrissey-Solo?p=1986729430#comment_1986729430

Earlier today I noted a response on the above thread from someone called 'Thesmithsmorrissey' [sic].

'Hey Tseng/Skinny/Kiwipie [sic]

before you put the emminent banish on Bummie[sic] Troll, can you let him hang around for a few days until Skylarker sorts himself out and makes his way back to So-low again? '

It will not surprise me in the least if I am 'banned' on spurious pretexts despite the affectations to 'free speech' this site currently defends itself with.David Tseng closed a thread as 'off-topic'on Friday as it had become yet another irrelevant location for 'group troll psychotherapy, yet the thread hosting the appaling abuse of Ms Kristeen Young remains open as of 13:50pm GMT Saturday 4 August 2012. My advice would be that this thread about Ms Young is now urgently 'locked' as also seriously 'off-topic'.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...t-quot?p=1986730057&viewfull=1#post1986730057

I realise DavidT,yourself and other moderators cannot effectively control these forums with current resources and I look forward to the changes which are now inevitable. If Morrissey is able to secure another recording and performing contract with a major international corporation, a key feature of that 'deal' will surely be to rescue his 'web presence' both for his current and future endeavours and for his legacy / posterity issues. I've briefly noted the abuse of the ability to post 'anonymously' on this thread by various trolls who are now reduced to openly 'threatening' me , no matter how delusional those 'threats' actually are. I find it amusing that such entitities have not grapsed 'who' I really am, and also that 'BrummieBoy' is not a singular person, but a collective transpersonal intelligence, who I channel so that they may speak through me....lol!

It seems we are all on a 'journey' as the era of Web 2.0 comes to a close and the legal and social norms of 'real life' are increasingly being applied to pseudo-anonymous forums such as this. The 'intellectual copyright' issues of sites such as this are no different to those of P2P, 'lyric sites' and the appropriation of artistic personas by other parasitic 'social networks'.

I have not yet concluded which my research into moderators on this site who have 'real life' reputations which they would wish to defend.'My' response to any online stalking and abuse which emerges from the troll depths of this site will be dealt with 'appropriately'. This response will most likely be a period of enigmatic silence whilst I sit back and laugh with a bag of popcorn and a soda but it may be something more 'formal' if my mood so dictates.
Online 'troll-culture' has been fasinating to observe and I have sometimes sucuumbed to it. However, I am now a 'reformed character', having repaid my debts to society, etc. The legal demise of 'troll-culture' is proving equally absorbing. The presence of'anonymous' trolls is both entertaining and pernicious as such trolls can cause great harm to vulnerable people, of which there are many on this site as guests and registered users.

I started a thread entitled 'R.I.P Gore Vidal' which was fatuously deemed 'off-topic' even as the hate-fest against Kristeen Young continued apace without being branded 'off-topic' . Another thread on Kristeen Young which I started in opposition to the troll-fest against her was also deemed 'off-topic'.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...tients?p=1986729455&viewfull=1#post1986729455

You have the data audit trail which will show you which 'moderator' acted thus. I couldn't care less. My work here is almost done. I've changed my picture/avatar to honour Gore Vidal, the real unacknowledged well-spring of Morrissey's art in my not-so-humble opinion. I enjoyed the discussion about the 'Olympic' controversy but unless and until Boyle, Marr and Morrissey make futher comments, that topic is exhausted.There is, indeed, a 'cult of Morrissey' and it is profoundly intellectually lazy. From Morley to Armitage to Goddard: there is now a deference, an uncomfortable pussyfooting around the issues of Morrissey's artistic and political authenticity and integrity. My pointing out that I feel the issue of Morrissey's cribbing of Vidal has been erased from the record is hardly 'off-topic', although its' removal from 'general discussion' is certainly noteworthy.

I will, of course, consider any issues you raise carefully. If I have violated my own principles of mutual respect online I have no problem reflecting and apologising to those affected. Unlike 'certain people I know'...

This site will not be remembered principally for being about Morrissey. It will be a priceless artifact/example exhibiting the collapse of both the 'fan/star' pathology and the destruction of valid artistic control of online presence by a pathological sub-cult of 'fan-trolls'. It is emblematic of the entire debate about the music industry's implosion during Web 2.0. My presence here is not just about Morrissey but about a wider debate that Billy Corgan best articulates with is views on 'the Pitchfork effect'.

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/indu...s-billy-corgan-unloads-again-1006456552.story

I realise most of this will go 'over the heads' of the trolls who infest this site, but their dismal existential fate is not my concern.

Ran Prieur correctly nailed the issue when he said 'No one who understands fame wants to be famous.' And 'fame is a mental illness in the followers of the famous person.' I would add a third observation that 'Any Artist who propagates The Fame may also be suffering from co-dependent mental illness with the followers.'

Morrissey is an interesting public figure to explore, but the idea that he somehow represents a pinnacle of radical artistic and intellectual endeavour can no longer be taken seriously. In 100 years time, Morrissey may well be no more than a footnote to the history of C20th/21st culture. It may well be the case, as so often in history, that the real artistic innovators of this era consciously shunned the redundant and discredited matrix of The Fame and either operated free of its' constraints or only published posthumously. There are members of the Audience who have no intention of kow-towing to a delusional sociopathic 'fan' cult. Online or in Concert.

I've been laid up with a severe ankle sprain which, although painful, has afforded me the luxury of time to enjoy the Olympics and to ruminate on Morrissey's return to these 'Isle Of Wonder'. My secretary, Sharon, has done her best, but her 'issues' and her decision to get 'high' last Thursday night and post her own views under my name that night mean her employment will terminate as soon as she has rectified and edited her excesses. And after she has been sanctioned 'appropriately. I'm looking forward to returning to 'real-life' after an amusing visit to the inmates here. And,thankfully, I do have a very real, rewarding and rich world 'I.R.L', as I'm sure you do.

Other viewers to this reply, please note: It is not my intention to enter into detailed correspondence in relation to this comment. I will instruct Sharon to bring any relevant remarks to my attention, stripped of their originators 'screen-handle' and I will instruct her to issue generic 'troll.FAIL!''S on a random, periodic basis every few weeks, months until this site is no more. Having concluded with the synchronicity of Danny Boyle, Gore's passing, and Morrissey's 'Dear Leader' national unity concert in Mancester has dovetailed perfectly into 'BrummieBoy's 'Project Art Hound''. Any ban may be irrelevant as we may soon move on to another art-installation on a slightly more challenging and interesting site on the World Wide Web. Morrissey-Solo.com' may not even make 'the final cut'.

I note you think I'm doing 'OK'. Given the issues involved, I'd say the moderation is 'O.K' with the occasional egregious failure such as the continuing failure to lock the abusive hate thread against Ms Kristeen Young.

[from dictation tape]

regards

'BrummieBoy'

there isn't a enough time in the world to read this.

Dear 'Uncleskinny'

In order to respond appropriately, perhaps you could indicate which comment(s) by me on this thread have exercised you. I do not 'feel the need to insult people' I've never met although I note Morrissey felt the need to insult Madonna's adopted African child, David Banda. I'm not aware of him apologising or retracting that statement. Regardless of any valid infraction of etiquette you may alert me to, your communication merits a wider and deeper response. I note with you appear to be monitoring my presence and I am pleased to see that there is some attempt at 'moderation' taking place on at least some threads. However, there are serious issues with moderation, some of which I will now bring to your attention so that you may reflect 'going forward'.

I am curious as to why you have chosen to intervene on this thread rather than focus on truly hateful comments which remain without sanction elsewhere on this website.No doubt you have been completely unaware of the offending 'thread' and will be deeply shocked, shocked!, concerned and alarmed as you become aware of it. I haven't read all of the comments as they are so ugly:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/conte...orrissey-Solo?p=1986729430#comment_1986729430

Earlier today I noted a response on the above thread from someone called 'Thesmithsmorrissey' [sic].

'Hey Tseng/Skinny/Kiwipie [sic]

before you put the emminent banish on Bummie[sic] Troll, can you let him hang around for a few days until Skylarker sorts himself out and makes his way back to So-low again? '

It will not surprise me in the least if I am 'banned' on spurious pretexts despite the affectations to 'free speech' this site currently defends itself with.David Tseng closed a thread as 'off-topic'on Friday as it had become yet another irrelevant location for 'group troll psychotherapy, yet the thread hosting the appaling abuse of Ms Kristeen Young remains open as of 13:50pm GMT Saturday 4 August 2012. My advice would be that this thread about Ms Young is now urgently 'locked' as also seriously 'off-topic'.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...t-quot?p=1986730057&viewfull=1#post1986730057

I realise DavidT,yourself and other moderators cannot effectively control these forums with current resources and I look forward to the changes which are now inevitable. If Morrissey is able to secure another recording and performing contract with a major international corporation, a key feature of that 'deal' will surely be to rescue his 'web presence' both for his current and future endeavours and for his legacy / posterity issues. I've briefly noted the abuse of the ability to post 'anonymously' on this thread by various trolls who are now reduced to openly 'threatening' me , no matter how delusional those 'threats' actually are. I find it amusing that such entitities have not grapsed 'who' I really am, and also that 'BrummieBoy' is not a singular person, but a collective transpersonal intelligence, who I channel so that they may speak through me....lol!

It seems we are all on a 'journey' as the era of Web 2.0 comes to a close and the legal and social norms of 'real life' are increasingly being applied to pseudo-anonymous forums such as this. The 'intellectual copyright' issues of sites such as this are no different to those of P2P, 'lyric sites' and the appropriation of artistic personas by other parasitic 'social networks'.

I have not yet concluded which my research into moderators on this site who have 'real life' reputations which they would wish to defend.'My' response to any online stalking and abuse which emerges from the troll depths of this site will be dealt with 'appropriately'. This response will most likely be a period of enigmatic silence whilst I sit back and laugh with a bag of popcorn and a soda but it may be something more 'formal' if my mood so dictates.
Online 'troll-culture' has been fasinating to observe and I have sometimes sucuumbed to it. However, I am now a 'reformed character', having repaid my debts to society, etc. The legal demise of 'troll-culture' is proving equally absorbing. The presence of'anonymous' trolls is both entertaining and pernicious as such trolls can cause great harm to vulnerable people, of which there are many on this site as guests and registered users.

I started a thread entitled 'R.I.P Gore Vidal' which was fatuously deemed 'off-topic' even as the hate-fest against Kristeen Young continued apace without being branded 'off-topic' . Another thread on Kristeen Young which I started in opposition to the troll-fest against her was also deemed 'off-topic'.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...tients?p=1986729455&viewfull=1#post1986729455

You have the data audit trail which will show you which 'moderator' acted thus. I couldn't care less. My work here is almost done. I've changed my picture/avatar to honour Gore Vidal, the real unacknowledged well-spring of Morrissey's art in my not-so-humble opinion. I enjoyed the discussion about the 'Olympic' controversy but unless and until Boyle, Marr and Morrissey make futher comments, that topic is exhausted.There is, indeed, a 'cult of Morrissey' and it is profoundly intellectually lazy. From Morley to Armitage to Goddard: there is now a deference, an uncomfortable pussyfooting around the issues of Morrissey's artistic and political authenticity and integrity. My pointing out that I feel the issue of Morrissey's cribbing of Vidal has been erased from the record is hardly 'off-topic', although its' removal from 'general discussion' is certainly noteworthy.

I will, of course, consider any issues you raise carefully. If I have violated my own principles of mutual respect online I have no problem reflecting and apologising to those affected. Unlike 'certain people I know'...

This site will not be remembered principally for being about Morrissey. It will be a priceless artifact/example exhibiting the collapse of both the 'fan/star' pathology and the destruction of valid artistic control of online presence by a pathological sub-cult of 'fan-trolls'. It is emblematic of the entire debate about the music industry's implosion during Web 2.0. My presence here is not just about Morrissey but about a wider debate that Billy Corgan best articulates with is views on 'the Pitchfork effect'.

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/indu...s-billy-corgan-unloads-again-1006456552.story

I realise most of this will go 'over the heads' of the trolls who infest this site, but their dismal existential fate is not my concern.

Ran Prieur correctly nailed the issue when he said 'No one who understands fame wants to be famous.' And 'fame is a mental illness in the followers of the famous person.' I would add a third observation that 'Any Artist who propagates The Fame may also be suffering from co-dependent mental illness with the followers.'

Morrissey is an interesting public figure to explore, but the idea that he somehow represents a pinnacle of radical artistic and intellectual endeavour can no longer be taken seriously. In 100 years time, Morrissey may well be no more than a footnote to the history of C20th/21st culture. It may well be the case, as so often in history, that the real artistic innovators of this era consciously shunned the redundant and discredited matrix of The Fame and either operated free of its' constraints or only published posthumously. There are members of the Audience who have no intention of kow-towing to a delusional sociopathic 'fan' cult. Online or in Concert.

I've been laid up with a severe ankle sprain which, although painful, has afforded me the luxury of time to enjoy the Olympics and to ruminate on Morrissey's return to these 'Isle Of Wonder'. My secretary, Sharon, has done her best, but her 'issues' and her decision to get 'high' last Thursday night and post her own views under my name that night mean her employment will terminate as soon as she has rectified and edited her excesses. And after she has been sanctioned 'appropriately. I'm looking forward to returning to 'real-life' after an amusing visit to the inmates here. And,thankfully, I do have a very real, rewarding and rich world 'I.R.L', as I'm sure you do.

Other viewers to this reply, please note: It is not my intention to enter into detailed correspondence in relation to this comment. I will instruct Sharon to bring any relevant remarks to my attention, stripped of their originators 'screen-handle' and I will instruct her to issue generic 'troll.FAIL!''S on a random, periodic basis every few weeks, months until this site is no more. Having concluded with the synchronicity of Danny Boyle, Gore's passing, and Morrissey's 'Dear Leader' national unity concert in Mancester has dovetailed perfectly into 'BrummieBoy's 'Project Art Hound''. Any ban may be irrelevant as we may soon move on to another art-installation on a slightly more challenging and interesting site on the World Wide Web. Morrissey-Solo.com' may not even make 'the final cut'.

I note you think I'm doing 'OK'. Given the issues involved, I'd say the moderation is 'O.K' with the occasional egregious failure such as the continuing failure to lock the abusive hate thread against Ms Kristeen Young.

[from dictation tape]

regards

'BrummieBoy'

tumblr_m8a6r8uhkK1rcyzgao1_400.gif

I imagine this is quite a common sight for you.

403&v=fit512.jpg

Go on then, reply by regurgitating the same old nonsense.

Whilst there is a pedagogic element in my teachings on 'The Morrissey Hoaxes', class attendance is entirely voluntary. I advise my young 'disciples' to both 'follow their bliss' and that 'truth is a pathless land'. They must develop their own critical thinking skills which can be very hard for young people, hence their vulnerability to cults such as this. Your picture shows a disinterested or tired student, but I do not recognise this person as a 'disciple' of BrummieBoy.

Sharon will continue to monitor your trolling as you are providing great amusement to other Project Team members with your hilarious skit entitled 'it's Patsy, not patsy. :mad:TAKE ME SERIOUSLY!!!!! :tears:I AM THE BITCH TROLL FROM HELL!!!! :mad:DO NOT MOCK ME OR THERE WILL BE BLOOD ON THE CARPET!!!!!!!!!!!':tears:. Our team members are working very hard on this project so there has to be a little relief for them. Speaking of relief, it's time for me to 'relax' with my Secretary for a while...are you good with your wrist? There's always room for another good fricatrice around here.:horny:

regards:p

Re: there isn't a enough time in the world to read this.

I told you not to quote my entire essays unless you have something worth saying. You will clutter the thread and make it unwieldy. Quote the first line only then add your 'witty' pictures. As I said to you earlier: 'Stick with the gifs, bitch'.

regards

#Troll.FAIL!

trollfail001.jpg

Whilst there is a pedagogic element in my teachings on 'The Morrissey Hoaxes', class attendance is entirely voluntary. I advise my young 'disciples' to both 'follow their bliss' and that 'truth is a pathless land'. They must develop their own critical thinking skills which can be very hard for young people, hence their vulnerability to cults such as this. Your picture shows a disinterested or tired student, but I do not recognise this person as a 'disciple' of BrummieBoy.

Sharon will continue to monitor your trolling as you are providing great amusement to other Project Team members with your hilarious skit entitled 'it's Patsy, not patsy. :mad:TAKE ME SERIOUSLY!!!!! :tears:I AM THE BITCH TROLL FROM HELL!!!! :mad:DO NOT MOCK ME OR THERE WILL BE BLOOD ON THE CARPET!!!!!!!!!!!':tears:. Our team members are working very hard on this project so there has to be a little relief for them. Speaking of relief, it's time for me to 'relax' with my Secretary for a while...are you good with your wrist? There's always room for another good fricatrice around here.:horny:

regards:p

Oh dear. You've become boringly predictable whilst still being predictably boring.

Too bad a thread that for once started & remained nice for at least 4 pages has now sunk in complete nonsense (anyone remember in this page 11 that some very eloquent contributors provided 2 of the most detailed reviews I have seen here in a long time?). Maybe it is time to close this thread, not sure how this has anything to do with the lovely concert some of us had the joy to experience in Edinburgh.

Back
Top Bottom