Eddie Vedder re: Bonfire Of Teenagers: "some of the best Morrissey stuff I’d heard in years" / Andrew Watt confirmed as producer (January 14, 2022)

Eddie Vedder says new Morrissey record is "some of the best Morrissey stuff I've heard in years"

pearljamonline.it are quoting Vedder's Mojo interview (issue 340/March).

Other media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
If BOT even sounds as dynamic and well-produced as the first single from Vedder's new solo album, the Chiccarelli curse could truly be ended.

What’s the ‘Chiccarelli curse’ ?

Chiccarelli did not work on Bonfire.

What’s the ‘Chiccarelli curse’ ?

Chiccarelli did not work on Bonfire.
I know that. I dont't like his production on the 3 albums with Morrissey's own material. Watt seems to have a vital input. I like Ed's single. So I am hoping for a change.

Watt is a big name producer and a real talent too. It’s impressive that Morrissey has/is working with him. The album remains an elusive for now, but it sounds very promising.

I really want to hear the bloody thing

I know that. I dont't like his production on the 3 albums with Morrissey's own material. Watt seems to have a vital input. I like Ed's single. So I am hoping for a change.

Well, it seems Watt is producing Bonfire, and so most likely (from the Watt songs,etc I’ve heard) it will be a different sound than Chiccarelli’s. So, no ‘curse’.

Well, it seems Watt is producing Bonfire, and so most likely (from the Watt songs,etc I’ve heard) it will be a different sound than Chiccarelli’s. So, no ‘curse’.
Morrissey's last 3 studio records (IANADOAC was passable at best for me) with his own material are not among the best of his career, nor is the production on them. So the "curse" of creating a really great studio moment in the autumn of his career may now be taken away from him. I appreciate Vedder very much. He's a close friend of Pete Townshend's and is deeply rooted in English Rock/Pop history. His statement about the album makes me optimistic, as does Chicarelli's final departure.

Viva Watt!

Morrissey's last 3 studio records (IANADOAC was passable at best for me) with his own material are not among the best of his career, nor is the production on them. So the "curse" of creating a really great studio moment in the autumn of his career may now be taken away from him. I appreciate Vedder very much. He's a close friend of Pete Townshend's and is deeply rooted in English Rock/Pop history. His statement about the album makes me optimistic, as does Chicarelli's final departure.

Viva Watt!

I wouldn’t call it a ‘curse’ as such.

But I will say it was a very good move on Morrissey’s part to work with some new blood.
A new producer also adds to the excitement of anticipation.

i dont think any producer has captured Ms vocal in the way that chicarelli has,having his voice upfront in the mix has been the highlight for me.

i dont post much because there isnt much to say anymore. the good days have been spoken about to death, recent times arent much to speak of at all. for a guy to sit and count my posts is pretty sad, nothing else to do? i have plenty to do, one of the reasons i dont post much. seeing as you have nothing to do, why dont you read some of my limited output, much of it is in defense of moz. bottom line, his recent output is , in comparison to his many , many years of probably the best songwritng of all time, is dreary, repetitive,unimaginative. it happens to nearly all the best of them if you stay at it long enough. his back catologue is more than enough for me to listen to for rest of my life. ps- putting billy joe armstrong on a record is just desperation. i love california son to death, i love WBB, but if i could erase his horrible input via software, i would do it. it just reeks of desperation to get people to listen.
im a private detective so what do you expect,its my job to rummage around in womens drawers looking for incriminating evidence,its my new career.im amazed that people come on here and say his music has been shit for years but still loiter with intent on here,if i thought his output was terrible for years i wouldnt be anywhere near this place.

i dont think any producer has captured Ms vocal in the way that chicarelli has,having his voice upfront in the mix has been the highlight for me.

Agree. Then again, Lillywhite really showcased his vocal on Vauxhall. First time to my ear that a producer
had done.

This My Own CD Master Of Jim Jim Falls ... It's More Dynamical & Clear .
If Morrissey Hired Me To Produce His Last Album .. I Would Do It For Free ...
I Hope That BOT By Andrew Watt Focused On Dynamics Not Loudness War ... Cause Loudness War Is Over !

The thing is, it could be that Morrissey asked Joe for a ‘modern sound’ and so they squished it a little in mastering. I’m not saying that killing the dynamics is still the modern sound.

The thing is, it could be that Morrissey asked Joe for a ‘modern sound’ and so they squished it a little in mastering. I’m not saying that killing the dynamics is still the modern sound.
Agreed .. But The AUDIO Mastering Was Awful Like World Peace Album ( I Know a Mastering Engineer Called " Vic Anesini " Who Mastered Many Projects ) I Liked His Style Of Mastering With Gary Puckett & The Union Gap ... Not Whom Won Grammy - Awards In Sound Engineering Know What's The Real Meaning Of The Digital Mastering ....
If You Have Spare Time ... Please , Listen To His Last Album After My Modifications .
If You Have Any Notes On It Please Let Me Know .....

We all know that eventually the album will see the light of day. But I wonder if Morrissey should just bypass all the middlemen and sell the album directly to us fans? I’d definitely pay $50 myself.

IMNADOAC is Morrissey best album since Maladjusted.
No! A slap in the face of "You are the Quarry", which is of course by far the best album after "Maladjusted". IANODOAC is not as bad as its two studio predecessors. A success in an ugly miniature world called "2010-2020".

No! A slap in the face of "You are the Quarry", which is of course by far the best album after "Maladjusted". IANODOAC is not as bad as its two studio predecessors. A success in an ugly miniature world called "2010-2020".
I was thinking about this last night. I think Morrissey has 3 truly great albums: Viva Hate, Your Arsenal, and Vauxhall and I. For sure, I'd say YATQ is a very good but maybe not quite a great album. After that, it's a mixed bag of weak to OK albums. Just my opinion of course.

I was thinking about this last night. I think Morrissey has 3 truly great albums: Viva Hate, Your Arsenal, and Vauxhall and I. For sure, I'd say YATQ is a very good but maybe not quite a great album. After that, it's a mixed bag of weak to OK albums. Just my opinion of course.
Well whose else's opinion are you gonna give? Nothing wrong with your own one :)

Yes he has some weak albums but even they are stronger albums than the best of Marr's solo stuff.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom