Eddie Vedder joins Johnny on stage to sing "There Is A Light..."

Eddie Vedder joined Johnny Marr at the Ohana festival 29th Sept to sing There Is A Light.....
Will try and put a video of it on here later.

Posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
why is the site so obsessed with marr,surely he must have his own similar fan based site and yet we get 13 pages of comments over the last few days and this will be similar.and don't anyone say he was part of the smiths,go and visit a smiths fan site and leave your comments there.

why is the site so obsessed with marr,surely he must have his own similar fan based site and yet we get 13 pages of comments over the last few days and this will be similar.and don't anyone say he was part of the smiths,go and visit a smiths fan site and leave your comments there.

Because Morrissey was obsessed with Marr?

Sort of like going on a McCartney site and asking why people are interested in Lennon, isn't it?

Johnny has buckets of goodwill because he was a self-taught boy genius who unearthed and gave us "Morrissey" in the first place, because Morrissey loved him madly and because he crafted beautiful, timeless music that is still played on every single tour. He was genuinely, 100% irreplaceable - and I say that in spite of tremendous affection for Alain who was excellent too. There will never be another Johnny, even if he released dross for the next 20 years.

Last edited:
I can't even force myself to listen to it though maybe it's worth it... I just can't. It's something about my relationship with this song, I guess.

Nobody can sing those songs like Morrissey does. He was the Smiths. End of story.
635777520767465295-2114642946_morrissey%20smug%202.gif

WtF do I spy?????:eyes:

O NO IS IT POSSIBLE WHAT I SEE:eyes:

:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: is using a CAPO FFS!!!!!

MR GUITAR DRAMAJ is USING A CAPO ON THE GUITAR:fearscream::fearful:

it cant be possible capos are for peeps that cant play the difficult chords so they have to go little baby style and use a CAPO!!!

Mr BEAUTIFUL MUSIC has to use a CAPO on the:guitar: NOOOOOOO it feels like the COMET has blown up reality!!! Of all peeps, :frogface:!!!

doh:
In a world inhabited by the likes of Trump and Johnson, you are to be congratulated for surpassing them in terms of spouting utter bollocks. Your propensity for verbal diarrhoea knows few boundaries.

Sort of like going on a McCartney site and asking why people are interested in Lennon, isn't it?

Johnny has buckets of goodwill because he was a self-taught boy genius who unearthed and gave us "Morrissey" in the first place, because Morrissey loved him madly and because he crafted beautiful, timeless music that is still played on every single tour. He was genuinely, 100% irreplaceable - and I say that in spite of tremendous affection for Alain who was excellent too. There will never be another Johnny, even if he released dross for the next 20 years.

Point proven. Johnny captures the beauty, fragility and intensity of Please x3 so preciously with his guitar that I don't miss Morrissey's voice on this one to feel carried away. Compare this to the version of the same song that is on the Morrissey 25 years live DVD and I am not saying this is a bad one (his band has done worse). But did they capture the essence of that song musically?

Reckon old bleeding heart liberal Eddie would think twice bout singin this song if he knew Uncle Steve was a racist innnn nnnnnnn nnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn it

Reckon this is poppycock bull ox mate! No wonder why there is no one from Moz Angeles on So-Low. You people millions of miles away from Moz Angeles are still so obsessed with the Smiths and Portland, Oregon's son John Maher. The only thing John Maher is good at is throwing up the alley-oop to Air Steve in the annual 2 on 2 LA Nike Brotherhood Basketball Tournament at Venice Beach. The Smiths were just Air Steve's Brittish indie stepping stone. He just used them. Reckon seeing this clip with John and overrated wannabe Jim Morrison makes me reckon how much better of a guitarist and singer Jesse is in n nn nn nn nn nn nnnn nn nn nnnnn n n n n n it.

Last edited:
the last 1.3o a brilliant clusterf*** if anything, I mean WtF? are the members of the :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: CULT deaf?
get some cotton balls and wipe the wax build up from your ear drums:ear: quit wearing the Islam ayatollah hats that wont allow the sound penetrate the ear itself:turban:

10 DramaJ Islamic cult zombies and they all have to land here. why dont you all go the Blue Rose blog and start up a chat room?doh:

cant you all hear that he sings 'dere ayeshe loight' instead of 'there is a light'??????:censored:

We have really reached the end of the line, haven’t we?

What’s next? A duet with Paul Potts?

We have really reached the end of the line, haven’t we?

What’s next? A duet with Paul Potts?

wouldn't mind if Brett Anderson comes up to stage at a Morrissey gig

Anyway liked it though cause I could sing with it , Eddy has a odd/special way of singin, but this was between the lines, as a matter of writing

I always hated Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam. They commit they worst sin possible in rock 'n' roll, which is being too serious and taking themselves too seriously. No sense of humor at all. I can't stand that such a douchebag is singing Morrissey's lyrics because he wants to still seem "cool".

Johnny Marr is a suck up to the establishment. That's why he mocked all the people who voted for Brexit, and why he thinks it's "cool" to have a tool like Eddie Vedder singing a Morrissey song. Pearl Jam was maybe the worst band of the 90's, and Eddie takes himself too seriously.
I remember Howard Stern making fun of Eddie back in the day, about how Eddie was always pretending to be bummed out. Before he was famous he was a happy-go-lucky guy. LOL

That was simply brilliant. I don't like Pearl Jam but I must admit Vedder always sings his heart out which is very much appreciated. He sang with a lot of passion, I loved it.

talk about :scissors: a song!! DramaJ on the one side with the unknown singing dialect and this Eddie Vedder singing along with a Count Dracula :swear singing style.

That was simply brilliant. I don't like Pearl Jam but I must admit Vedder always sings his heart out which is very much appreciated. He sang with a lot of passion, I loved it.

I'm not a Pearl Jam fan either and truth be told, could hardly listen to this, but from all accounts Eddie Vedder is a great guy and he did Johnny a real favor by appearing with him. The video of this appearance was picked up by Spin, Rolling Stone, Pitchfork and many other music and news sites, raising Johnny's profile in the midst of his North American tour.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom