Eddie Japan - "First Of The Gang To Die" cover

This seems to be a fairly serious effort so I would judge it more harshly than I do people posting their youtube cover versions. They're probably nice, interesting people.

Top-notch cover version, one of the very best.

"First Of The Gang To Die" - Eddie Japan / Soundcloud

eddiejapan.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's strangely relaxing.

really love the sleeve but afraid to say its a little lame.

I was hoping for a bullet in me gullet upon listening to that grating uncover.

Re: Eddie Japan - First Of The Cover's To Die

This stripped-down cover of Istanbul is arguably more worthy of attention, if only for the fact that the singer can actually sing. Though, sadly, there is no Stanley Kubrick picture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D97eOVuQ8_A

Absolutely incredible cover, better than Morrissey's new reinterpretation of the song live. Awesome.

This is one of those covers where I went "Oh, cool! Yeah…umm, actually…no."

If the tempo was upped and the singer sounded more like R. Dean Taylor's "There's a Ghost in My House"…Yeah!

Is it just me, or does the style seem specifcally choosen to appeal to Moz himself? The horns, and the throwback era vocals similar to something we might hear in the pre-concert tape from some obscure television appearance of a relatively unknown artist. I like it, it just seems intentionally crafted to that purpose.

Re: Eddie Japan - First Of The Cover's To Die

There seems to be a very low bar you have to reach for Morrissey covers.

This is a terrible choice for a cover. I think the only voice that could do a reasonable job of this would be Brett Anderson. It's not as bad as I expected, but not good.

Cover versions. Tricky things. I applaud the effort but this is not my kind of music at all. The art work is very good.

I bet most people don't even listen to the whole song once before making their comments. This cover is fantastic.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom