Eavis "working on" The Smiths for Glastobury 2010

This word sort of be like a Sex Pistols set up though. They would be whored up and down the street by sponsors looking to get in on it, and Moz would end up starring in a butter commercial.

Not really. A "one off" or one show gig for all four(or Johnny/Moz) wouldn't be out of the question, would it? Say a promoter paid them $20 mill to reform for Coachella next year, just he and Johnny, how would this be "whoring all over the place"? If the understanding going in was: "This is it. This is a one off. Don't ask again", sorta deal? It wouldn't.

i don't even want a reunion, the way the smiths were, where 99% of the songs were amazing, they couldn't top that, so why should they tarnish with such greatness? they shouldn't.

Not really. A "one off" or one show gig for all four(or Johnny/Moz) wouldn't be out of the question, would it? Say a promoter paid them $20 mill to reform for Coachella next year, just he and Johnny, how would this be "whoring all over the place"? If the understanding going in was: "This is it. This is a one off. Don't ask again", sorta deal? It wouldn't.

Life is never kind. Do you think we could resist asking for more? :o

Everybody should know that this Smiths reform won't work out.

Thanks for that. :thumb:

to re-re-re (to the nth degree) iterate for the billionth time, it is totally and utterly out of the question for all four original members, especially with Joyce Michael.
but it is not at all out of the question for Moz and Marr. in fact, I would say the chances are they will perform again together by the end of 2011, and I'll explain the reasons for this in another thread, on another day!

to re-re-re (to the nth degree) iterate for the billionth time, it is totally and utterly out of the question for all four original members, especially with Joyce Michael.

Yes but it still doesn't make it true...

I see a lot of people on here say "ooh, I don't want them to reform, it would spoil it, wouldn't be the same etc etc"... f*** that. I'd give both of my balls for a ticket to Glastonbury if they reformed for it.
Yep!!! to go see the smiths Perform live would be Super! but i dont think morrissey can hit them notes no more like back in the day which is only natural hes 50, and to sing a whole smiths set in the way he does the odd smith track now would not be the best way to remember the smiths? who knows?! but id still go as iam fickle lol

When I was watching the reformed Blur play at Glastonbury last weekend, I was thinking wouldn't it be great for The Smiths to reform and get this sort of reception from the crowd...but with the way things are between Moz and Joyce I can't see it ever happening and we would think Moz was a hypocrite if he ever got back on stage with Joyce after all he has said about him.Also, true Smiths/Moz fans would never get tickets, they would all go to the Glastonbury set and a reunion would be wasted on them!
I think I'd be happy for just a Moz/Marr reunion but I'd want Boz there too after all he's been through with Moz, he doesn't deserve to be overlooked.

I wouldn't worry - Moz can still hit those notes! I think his vocal ability has improved since the Smiths days.

I wouldn't worry - about the Joyce argument thing. Time will heal, Morrissey will forgive...

I wouldn't worry - Boz won't miss out. The Smiths re-union will run parallel with his solo career...

He's only 50 ferrcrissakes! It's not like he's ready to curl up and die just yet!

I wouldn't worry - about the Joyce argument thing. Time will heal, Morrissey will forgive...

He's only 50 ferrcrissakes! It's not like he's ready to curl up and die just yet!

To the first statement, HAH! :rolleyes:

To the second statement, no, but in 5 years, we have it from the horse's mouth, he will be ready to curl up and retire. :o

They are all set up for life anyway. Andy Rourke was recently paid £3000 for one night's djing and he does plenty of gigs like that. as does Joyce. How much money do they want?

I dunno....something tells me Rourke ain't THAT rich...

He settled out of court with Morrissey/Marr in the late 80s for 80,000 pounds and 10 per cent of future royalties.

I would think the order of $ in the band is:

Moz
Marr
Joyce
Rourke

Last edited:
t in fact, I would say the chances are they will perform again together by the end of 2011, and I'll explain the reasons for this in another thread, on another day!

Why not just tell us now?

Back
Top Bottom