Eavis "working on" The Smiths for Glastobury 2010

ProperBo

Michael Eavis, organiser of Glastonbury Festival, held a Q&A session at the site this Sunday for those wandering around the Greenfields area.
This wasn't a Press Release but a discussion between him and the festival go-ers, and he had something very interesting to say about next year's headliner.

"Headliners for next year. He said he was working on The Smiths (JM seems up for it, Mozza the Misery less so) and Led Zep (he hopes the anniversary will persuade them) but don't hold your breath as he tries these every year. More importantly he mentioned having already lined up two acts who haven't played before. Let the U2, RHCP and Stones rumours start now."

Says a transcript on the eFestivals Glastonbury forum.

Make of that what you will!

I know Coachella attempt this every year, but it's of my own unfounded opinion that it'd be more likely to happen at Glastonbury. They took a chance on The Smiths headlining in 84 so you never know!

The telling line in the above is "but don't hold your breath as he tries these every year"

I know it's gonna happen....please wait...Don't loose faith...

Dave

Michael Eavis, organiser of Glastonbury Festival, held a Q&A session at the site this Sunday for those wandering around the Greenfields area.
This wasn't a Press Release but a discussion between him and the festival go-ers, and he had something very interesting to say about next year's headliner.

"Headliners for next year. He said he was working on The Smiths (JM seems up for it, Mozza the Misery less so) and Led Zep (he hopes the anniversary will persuade them) but don't hold your breath as he tries these every year. More importantly he mentioned having already lined up two acts who haven't played before. Let the U2, RHCP and Stones rumours start now."

Says a transcript on the eFestivals Glastonbury forum.

Make of that what you will!

I know Coachella attempt this every year, but it's of my own unfounded opinion that it'd be more likely to happen at Glastonbury. They took a chance on The Smiths headlining in 84 so you never know!

considering he once (rightly) dismissed RHCP as music for 14 year old boys, there ain't no chance of them being invited!
of course the Smiths isn't gonna happen, but Morrissey and Marr together is an increasingly likely possibility...

Morrissey, Marr...maybe.
~ with jarvis cocker on bass and meg white on drums

Eavis is a greedy f***er now.

I don't usually agree with a lot of what Moz says but The Smiths were of their time and it would just be odd in my book.

I see a lot of people on here say "ooh, I don't want them to reform, it would spoil it, wouldn't be the same etc etc"... f*** that. I'd give both of my balls for a ticket to Glastonbury if they reformed for it.

I see a lot of people on here say "ooh, I don't want them to reform, it would spoil it, wouldn't be the same etc etc"... f*** that. I'd give both of my balls for a ticket to Glastonbury if they reformed for it.

we've had a poll on this issue before. altho lots of us would like to see The Smiths reforming, rather interestingly, many more of us would actually prefer just a Morrissey/Marr reunion...

Is there a market for paired balls in the UK?
*the mind boggles* :D
Jamie Oliver does 'em up lovely. Sorted. Geezer. etc
lrg_1458.jpg

Hmmm

Then, IMO, they're all pretty stupid not to reform. "If" this is true, they would all be set up for life, Mike could stop trying to recoup $$$ from Morrissey, and we can all die happy.

If Mike and Andy were thoughtful, they wouldn't had thought to sue Morrissey and Johnny.

Both of them knew Morrissey was eager to reform The Smiths.
After the break up, Morrissey said that one day he hoped The Smiths would reunite.
You find some interviews Morrissey's comments about the subject.

However, the court case changed Morrissey's mind.

Then, IMO, they're all pretty stupid not to reform. "If" this is true, they would all be set up for life, Mike could stop trying to recoup $$$ from Morrissey, and we can all die happy.

They are all set up for life anyway. Andy Rourke was recently paid £3000 for one night's djing and he does plenty of gigs like that. as does Joyce. How much money do they want?

This word sort of be like a Sex Pistols set up though. They would be whored up and down the street by sponsors looking to get in on it, and Moz would end up starring in a butter commercial.

we've had a poll on this issue before. altho lots of us would like to see The Smiths reforming, rather interestingly, many more of us would actually prefer just a Morrissey/Marr reunion...

definately :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom