Durham, NC - The Carolina Theatre (June 15, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Now My Heart Is Full / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / People Are The Same Everywhere / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

setlist provided by setlist.fm, correction by an anonymous person.

• Live: The pleasure, the privilege was ours, Morrissey by Alex Maiolo - Indy Week. Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Photo by josh_hofer / Instagram. Link posted by docinwestchester.

durham.jpg

Last edited:
It was indeed sold out and had been for a while. If you saw an empty seat it mine because I abandoned it to stand in front.

Second time around and we love Morrissey but that was very disappointing. I felt like he treated Durham like a second rate crowd/city and the setlist backs it up. Hope is puts on a better show for NY and DC.

Franes Eby from youtube who covers a lot of his songs was in front row. He walked over to her and he said, "I am now going to embarrass you. Embarrass YOU (pointing at Frances). I've seen your videos on youchube...TUBE...youTUBE." He handed her his microphone and she started to sing. Francis has a beautiful voice, as I'm sure many of you know. I thought it was lovely that he recognized her.

I thought he said he wasn't going to be passing the mic around anymore on the advice of his doctor? For the sake of your health, don't fall into old habits, Moz.

Mary Beth, I prob share most of your views and not many of his but it's his forum. While it will prob not change my habits it was tough to watch the footage. Sorry to go so deep but I wish the same concern was their for babies. Regardless, those images dampened my spirits but didn't let it cast an overall cloud on the night.

I loved the show until that footage - it sort of ruined it for me.

Franes Eby from youtube who covers a lot of his songs was in front row. He walked over to her and he said, "I am now going to embarrass you. Embarrass YOU (pointing at Frances). I've seen your videos on youchube...TUBE...youTUBE." He handed her his microphone and she started to sing. Francis has a beautiful voice, as I'm sure many of you know. I thought it was lovely that he recognized her.

Nice voice. Kind of a Joan Baez vibe, which fits:

Last edited by a moderator:
right ticket scanners talking to cultics about ticket sales. yes very probable. the very much less than sold out audience was mostly silently sat, only stirring to get beer during the many videos.

I'm sure people avoid talking to you because you obviously lack basic social skills and come across as a buzz-killing prick, but that doesn't mean real conversations don't happen with others.

Clearly you weren't even there, because you'd have seen fans out front begging to buy tickets. Would've been easier and less humiliating to walk 20 ft. to the box office.

What DIDN'T happen, though, was an audience sitting mostly in silence and only stirring to get beer. Again, you weren't there.

yes, sold out, with a pit 15 member strong, and an old lady singing smith songs. he cut down the set to 18 songs, confirmation that ticket sales were lacking.

I recently checked ticketmaster, and seats at MSG are available for Section 106 Row B. That is just embarrassing. It could be a catastrophic flop. I hope I'm wrong. I had a friend email me the billboard in Times Square. It's being promoted. By whom? No clue. Probably MSG. Lord knows Morrissey's advance team is a skeleton crew these days.
Also, I was harsh in my first post. I maintain that it was a poor show in Durham.
The merchandise was awful.
Anyone else see the guy who looked like Peter Griffin?
Oh and Benny...there were cheese trays in all concession areas..gratis

ticketmaster does not sell the best tickets first

They also now alow scalpers to cancel their unsold tickets and it releases them back into the pool

ticketmaster does not sell the best tickets first

They also now alow scalpers to cancel their unsold tickets and it releases them back into the pool

It was so frustrating getting my tickets from Ticketmaster for the ATL show--I was waiting online for the second they went on sale and the first tix I got were row S or T so I bought them and then right after the purchase I checked again and was able to get Row B. I was happy, but then realized the pit rows were in front of me, but still happy to even be that close. But, yesterday I saw someone who said they'd also gone to the show and they said that at the very last minute they heard about the show and decided to go and they got Row AAA tickets, not even realizing at the time that they were front row! They thought they would be in the balcony. Anyway, I know life is not fair and all that, but of course it irked me because he was only a casual fan and wound up going as an afterthought and I had been waiting to buy tix before they even went on sale. How does someone (other than Julia) snag pit or at least tix in the first three rows? Do I need to start my own Morrissey fansite or just deal with scalpers?

gotta be honest, most disappointing show I've seen in the 20+ I've been to. His voice was great, real strong. Band was good but guitars were often lost in the mix. His videos really impact the mood of the night. I love Ganglord but the endless video of alleged police brutality brought the crowd to a standstill. Speedway was ruined by such a long pause as the band moved around in the dark with Gustavo finishing the song center stage singing in Spanish. For how many years has he been using the same video during MIM?

The audience did seem older and didn't seem familiar with the new album but they were in full energy at the start of the show. The Ganglord video really impacted their mood and they didn't fully recover, especially when the strangeness of Speedway was not far behind.

I'm sure people avoid talking to you because you obviously lack basic social skills and come across as a buzz-killing prick, but that doesn't mean real conversations don't happen with others.

Clearly you weren't even there, because you'd have seen fans out front begging to buy tickets. Would've been easier and less humiliating to walk 20 ft. to the box office.

What DIDN'T happen, though, was an audience sitting mostly in silence and only stirring to get beer. Again, you weren't there.

It is totally believable. When I saw Morrissey at the Brooklyn Academy of Music my friend left her umbrella and when we went back to get it the usher started talking to us about how she'd never seen anything like the show before--mainly people fighting over Morrissey's shirt and the number of people who jumped onstage. She was mostly shocked they continued to do so after being treated kinda roughly by Morrissey's security--she said "If we did that we'd be sued." I think over BAM employees were talking about the show, as well. If its a venue that is smaller and does not usually host rock/pop concerts I can see the staff making comments like that.

How does someone (other than Julia) snag pit or at least tix in the first three rows?

In my experience, money. I paid/donated to join the venue 'VIPs' and gain access to great seating options (which provided pre-pre sale seating), not cheap, then got the most expensive pit seats available to score my pit seats. Ironically, the pit crashers with no tickets (for that section) to show when prompted by ushers had the audacity to question my seat number...

Great show IMHO - always a great show. And to my knowledge, I was the only successful stage invader to hug Moz.

In my experience, money. I paid/donated to join the venue 'VIPs' and gain access to great seating options (which provided pre-pre sale seating), not cheap, then got the most expensive pit seats available to score my pit seats. Ironically, the pit crashers with no tickets (for that section) to show when prompted by ushers had the audacity to question my seat number...

Great show IMHO - always a great show. And to my knowledge, I was the only successful stage invader to hug Moz.

Thanks for the info--I'll have to check into that next time around. Congrats on getting to hug Moz! Too cool.

The front, right orchestra had a blast! He looked well and he sounded aMAZing n each & every song. He had A LOT of beautiful energy. I'm very happy...still smiling. I've been to other shows in the past; this is the first time I've ever felt emotionally connected to the rest of the band. I sensed satisfaction and love from the stage at the end of the show...I adored the lighting, especially the flowers. Speaking of flowers, someone tried to hand him a wrapped bundle of what appeared to be white gladioli. After a few attempts, they were thrown on stage and someone from the side ran to retrieve them.

upload pic

Last edited:
i think he is getting testy from the shows being not sold out, this one had a very unenthusiastic crowd and was quite far from being a sell out again.

Uh... this show sold out the same day as the on sale. I tried getting tickets that weekend, but no luck. Fortunately, my friend scored an extra ticket a couple days ago and I was able to go. TQID into Suedehead?! AMAZING! It was such an incredible night. Thank you Morrissey!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom