Durham, NC - bysshe's "play by play" thread

Its a real shame that he is wasting such fatastic songs as children in pieces, shame is the name and my dearest love with the same old stuff played over and over and over again..sorry but it had to be said.

Its a real shame that he is wasting such fatastic songs as children in pieces, shame is the name and my dearest love with the same old stuff played over and over and over again..sorry but it had to be said.

It would be nice to hear something newer than the only new song (that we haven't heard on tour yet), I'm OK By Myself. Hopefully, he'll mix it up a little more. This is why I refuse to think it's his final tour, too status quo ;) course I'll always be down for Billy Budd, Seasick & WDYFOFY. :)

bysshe said Moz slipped into another bus but that she met & took pictures with Boz and Jesse. Watch this thread. :cool:

i must be the only disappointed one to see First of the Gang to Die off the setlist. id rather irish blood gone :p

hopefully there will be more surprises!

I can't thank you guys enough for that blow by blow description of this concert. Now I am even more depressed! I had tickets for Jacksonville and Asheville, and as you know, both got canceled. God, I hope I can figure out somewhere else to see him. Was Durham General Admission or seated? I have a feeling this may be his last tour, and I've never seen the man in the flesh yet!!!! Ugh! Sounds like it was a fantastic concert! I'm going to cry myself to sleep and hopefully dream a nice dream about . . . Thanks again!

Yes, thanks so much you guys! I get home from a long road trip and this totally brightens my road weary mind and body.

I don't know as many Morrissey songs as I should, but I know either way the concert will be AWESOME.

i second that...
I'm suprised he played Irish Blood for the encore. I think he should have saved Charming Man for the encore...

Wow. I am so happy I can hardly think or type. What an incredible, wonderful night. :)
Will type more tomorrow. Everything was so wonderful, beautiful - Moz, the setlist, the end, everything. Wow.
Thank you Mozzer. I am still speechless. What beauty. It could never fade.
:)

Great setlist. The Loop, Why Don't You Find Out for Yourself, Ask, One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell, I'm OK by Myself . . . Can't wait.

Thanks so much Corrissey and bysshe for keeping us in the loop with the gig! YAY AWESOME! :D

Hi, guys! I'm glad that you enjoyed the thread. I was definitely able to enjoy the show. I've got mad multi-tasking skillz. :cool:

I hate to disappoint everyone by not writing more but I woke up feeling bad this morning and now have a 102.5 degree temperature and really need to take some meds and go to bed. I think Moz gave me cooties in Myrtle Beach because he looked right at me at the beginning of the show. :p

He was in excellent form. Sounded wonderful and was playful. He only took his shirt off twice, though. :(

The show was seated but there didn't appear to be a barrier at the stage and the stage was about chest high. Security was very nice. I heard one say at the buses that he was in trouble because he let so many people get through. There were about 5-10. I'm not sure of the exact amount. When they happened, it was usually more than one person per incident.

Got hugs from Jesse and Boz. Boz chatted with us for about 10 minutes and was very nice, very nice, very nice. Unfortunately, I can't post pictures until I get my computer back. I'm borrowing a tower from a friend and it doesn't have a slot for my memory card. I lost my cable long ago. But pictures are forthcoming. :D

The pictures taken inside aren't really very good as no flash was used but I did get one that is only slightly blurry. :p

Will try to post a more detailed account tomorrow. I hope this isn't flu. :pray:

Thanks for the assist, Corrissey. :highfive:

Up to 102.6 now. My eyeballs are boiling out of their sockets. Meds and bed for me. :(

Shite set list again. It's not that the songs are bad, obviously, but there's just too many that have been in the set for too long. It's hardly worth calling this the Tour of Refusal, it's just last year's Greatest Hits tour reprised. I'm surprised too by the lack of new YOR songs in the set, I expected at least 10 from the album. Really hoping there are big changes before much longer otherwise I'm going to regret getting tickets for more than one concert.:(

Shite set list again. It's not that the songs are bad, obviously, but there's just too many that have been in the set for too long. It's hardly worth calling this the Tour of Refusal, it's just last year's Greatest Hits tour reprised. I'm surprised too by the lack of new YOR songs in the set, I expected at least 10 from the album. Really hoping there are big changes before much longer otherwise I'm going to regret getting tickets for more than one concert.:(

In many ways I agree. He should be done with The loop,LMKY,TWIFOCB and LIAP. But 10 from the YOR, hell no! Carol and INYBA would be enough.

The good think is that as the shows go on, the setlist will change.
I`m so glad he tries things out in the new world.
When he gets back to the mainland things will perfect!!! Can`t wait for RAH!!!

Random fevered thought: The bass drum has the butterfly from the baby's head on it. Yes. It's shiny. :)

What a cool idea to do this!

BTW, you somehow missed that he played "How Can Anybody Know How I Feel" between "Grow Up" and "Let Me Kiss You."

He was in excellent form. Sounded wonderful and was playful. He only took his shirt off twice, though. :(

Your text said "Shirt off. Show over?" Perhaps he was only teasing you by undoing a button or two? :D Thanks for the notes, look forward to your pictures!

Sorry to hear you're sick. Better post show, anyway ;) GET WELL SOON!

What a cool idea to do this!

BTW, you somehow missed that he played "How Can Anybody Know How I Feel" between "Grow Up" and "Let Me Kiss You."

Ah, technology :p She must have been distracted. :rolleyes:;)

Tags
bysshes da bomb frinkinunison real time
Back
Top Bottom