Dublin - Vicar Street (July 30, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / You're The One For Me, Fatty / You Have Killed Me / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The Kid's A Looker / Scandinavia / Come Back To Camden / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Meat is Murder / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Know It's Over / First Of The Gang To Die / People Are The Same Everywhere / Action Is My Middle Name / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

set list provided by an anonymous person, from allyouneedismorrissey.com

Last edited:
Also to the chap who gave him that record, I caught that all on video. You lucky duck. Sarah

Also to the chap who gave him that record, I caught that all on video. You lucky duck. Sarah

Seriously any chance of upload or whatever

Yeah sure, I'll do it tomorrow cuz I've only the net on my phone and I'm just about out of credit. Jealous of you! Sarah

Hi Sarah just let me know where its uploaded and I wil try and get it onto a disc I MUST have this to keep
Fingers crossed
G

Wow, Morrissey's lost some height there.

I was at this so-called performance, didn't realise I was going to see Stars In Your Eyes with a cretin transposing his best Morrissey moves perfected in his bathroom onto a stage. At a certain age one should acquire some dignity

I'd still like my money back to be honest

Anyway back on topic, great news about him singing Come Back To Camden. Still can't justify spending another £35 to see a 75 minute gig in London and but glad he seemingly pulled out his best for Dublin (so to speak) the only other essential place to go to a Moz gig apart from the Ruby Lounge, sorry Manchester

This is Satan’s son and I am back to inflict my wrath on you incoherent empty lived sad specimens.
No one even reviews Morrissey’s concerts. There are 20 one liners from people pretending they went.
Not one full review.
Where are his so called fans.
Not here, that’s for sure. Instead we are left with you zombies inhabiting this graveyard. Actually a graveyard has more life than this.
At least there is an occasional visitor.
Here there is just occasional insanity intertwined with random Morrissey bashing. Morrissey hates you all as he said Kristeen Young may have a vagina, but his never did anything for him. Does yours do anything for you? Either way, you should die.
I am Satan’s son and I know evil and I know I can learn from you all. I want to learn from you and let you teach me how to be sniveling, trivial, sad pathetic wastes. And then watch you expire like some unclaimed, uncared for ding sack of rhino carcasses.
I want to probe your innards with my pitchfogk and remove your bodily organs one by one and throw them in the sea. I have powers. I make things happen,
So continue on haunting this site. You ghosts and skeletons of walking trash heaps. Soon I will come and claim you for the pits of hell and then I’ll get to joyfully watch you burning in the fires as I have powers. I make things happen. I holler.

This is Satan’s son and I am back to inflict my wrath on you incoherent empty lived sad specimens.
No one even reviews Morrissey’s concerts. There are 20 one liners from people pretending they went.
Not one full review.
Where are his so called fans.
Not here, that’s for sure. Instead we are left with you zombies inhabiting this graveyard. Actually a graveyard has more life than this.
At least there is an occasional visitor.
Here there is just occasional insanity intertwined with random Morrissey bashing. Morrissey hates you all as he said Kristeen Young may have a vagina, but his never did anything for him. Does yours do anything for you? Either way, you should die.
I am Satan’s son and I know evil and I know I can learn from you all. I want to learn from you and let you teach me how to be sniveling, trivial, sad pathetic wastes. And then watch you expire like some unclaimed, uncared for ding sack of rhino carcasses.
I want to probe your innards with my pitchfogk and remove your bodily organs one by one and throw them in the sea. I have powers. I make things happen,
So continue on haunting this site. You ghosts and skeletons of walking trash heaps. Soon I will come and claim you for the pits of hell and then I’ll get to joyfully watch you burning in the fires as I have powers. I make things happen. I holler.

Mike Joyce can overcome your powers with a big karate chop.

“<snip>“

I’m going to keep on seeking you out and exposing you until you apologize to Morrissey. You know what you’ve done.

I’m waiting. *shaking head*

Sick down to my heart.

Hey, Gestapo Pete! You know you're nuts, right? Seek help.

This chick is just as brain-washed as you. The fact you can't see that just shows how K-razy you really are.

[Wasnt camden written for some gay boxer mate of his?

id have thought gay boxer was an oxymoron but what do i know
not being a millionaire.

ha ha

QUOTE=Anonymous;1986666937]he played camden[/QUOTE]

But you still dont mind fleecing your audience.
If people PAY good money to watch a show that falls short of monies worth they have at least a right to reply

Answer that one satan

Mike Joyce can overcome your powers with a big karate chop.

every artist ive paid to see plays at the least 90 minutes, most 2 hours

how come he gets away with the same old crap for 75 or less?[

Thats why youre dissed you treat PAYING fans like shite

God only knows what julia and the rest get afterward who pay f*** all

QUOTE=Anonymous;1986667286]But you still dont mind fleecing your audience.
If people PAY good money to watch a show that falls short of monies worth they have at least a right to reply

Answer that one satan[/QUOTE]

I went to the 3 Irish shows this week which brought me to the milestone of 40 Smiths/Moz gig since 1984 and can honestly say they were some of the most enjoyable ones I've been to. Thanks to the kind soul(mate)s up the front who presented me with some souvenirs afterwards - a setlist and 2 guitar picks - to commemorate the occasion !

Vicar St is a wonderful square-shaped venue with a small balcony around 3 sides, and usually has fantastic sound. It's always great news if someone you like is going to play there, so getting to see Moz there has been a Dream Gig for a long time.

Those of us who hang on his vocal nuances and lyric changes hit the jackpot with this gig. Where you usually get a few lyric changes per gig, there were tonnes of them in this one, as he seemed to be in great form. Right from the off with IWTOICH... "I want the twelve I can't have", and genderising with: "a tough girl who sometimes swallows nails, she was raised on prisoner's aid" etc etc.

I go to 70-80 shows a year by all sorts of bands, but there's always a passionate intensity about a Moz gig.

Faith
Restored
Yet Again.

Last edited:
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Know It's Over

What an amazing sandwich of songs. It took the gig to a whole different level.

Amazing gig. To hear songs like this and Camden live was a highlight of a life going to gigs.

Kristeenyoung as supposrt was interesting to say the least. Very powerful voice.

Monday, 1 August 2011
The Last of the Famous International Veggies

Dear Anti-hero not-yet-imprisoned,
With all the murders you are committing,
In my apologia I can't help quoting me,
Cause everything that I said rings true-oh-oh-oh-uh-oh,

Now in my gig,
I condemned you (kinda),
But more so those who animals slew,

Anders Breivik, do you know my name?
Oh don't say you don't,
Please say you do Oh Oh,

I am the last of the veggies,
International veggies,
The last of the famous,
International veggies,

And in my gig,
Well, I hated you,
But not quite as much as KFC,

Anders Breivik, do you know my name?
Oh don't say you don't,
Please say you do Oh Oh,

I am the last of the veggies,
International veggies,
The last of the famous,
International veggies,

In our lifetime those who kill,
The news world,
Hands them stardom,

It's so very...repulsive,
that they name Anders - they probably eat veal,
Norway nothing compared to KFC,
Will this outburst land me a deal?

I never wanted to offend,
I am not naturally evil,
Such things I do,

Just to make myself,
more famous than you,
Have I failed?

Oh the last of the famous,
International veggies,
The last of the...

www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com

My son and I were at Vicar St on Saturday. Moz in very fine form and my son made the leap to the stage before being unceremoniously dragged off by some burley men dressed in the obligatory black. One of the best Moz gigs I have been to, he seemed to be enjoying himself. Great show.

Hey, Gestapo Pete! You know you're nuts, right? Seek help.

This chick is just as brain-washed as you. The fact you can't see that just shows how K-razy you really are.

Yes, I am crazy. Would you like to see how crazy I can really get. Because I will show you. And that’s a fact.

Until then small boy, shut your mouth and go seek help in the nearest mental health program. They are available to you in the slum mums existence of the so-called co-existence that you have.
Wow man you are dense. Thicker than pig shit. Nothing to convey.

Morrissey is my cult leader.

Irish Times review (of the Friday gig) by Tony Clayton Lea (who is a fan I believe)

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/features/2011/0801/1224301683449.html

Text:
Morrissey
TONY CLAYTON-LEA

Vicar Street

A NUMBER of Morrissey’s culturally iconic ducks are lined up in a row even before he walks on stage – a collage of archive footage that includes Joe Dolan singing You’re Such a Good Lookin’ Woman , Lou Reed being interrogated by Australian media about his drug habits, New York Dolls on a German TV music show, US 50s teen idol Fabian, a blowsy Diana Dors in sitcom mode, and a drag artist known as Lypsinka.

Is the connection sex and sexuality? Perhaps. So far, so Morrissey. It comes as something of a surprise, however – several hours later when the show is over and the stocky, sweat-soaked singer leaves the stage – that all you remember with any sense of genuine intrigue whatsoever are the video clips and not the music.

Still without a record label, despite his obvious knack of selling hundreds of thousands of records worldwide, Morrissey, now 52 years old, seems to have slipped into the role of a middle-aged agent provocateur – his comments at a concert in Poland on July 24th last, about the Norway island massacre being “nothing compared to what happens in McDonalds and Kentucky Fried shit every day” were fatuous, to say the least.

And on Friday at this sold-out show in front of a partisan audience that ranges from ladies and gentlemen of a certain age wearing Smiths t-shirts to skinny teens sporting Oscar Wilde tops, he trots out anti-royalist comments that come across as much ho-hum cliché as petty-minded.

The upside is some of the music; inasmuch as there are song titles of his that are far better than the songs themselves ( I Have Forgiven Jesus being a classic, rib-tickling example), there are sections of his solo work that often surpass that of The Smiths. The likes of You’re the One for Me Fatty, First of the Gang to Die, Irish Blood English Heart, You Have Killed Me , and the still majestic Everyday Is Like Sunday are just crackers waiting to be pulled apart. The remainder of the set – barring the final song, The Smiths’ sublime There Is a Light That Never Goes Out – is instantly forgettable.

So, enough already with the topical commentary – who listens to someone like Morrissey for this anymore, anyway? – and on with the show stoppers. Even his most avid fans are being worn down with more of the former than the latter.

please someone who has recorded it (the full version)upload it to youtube please? there is a 37 secs nippet online but no full video version
.i just cannot imagine nobody recorded it?

joefrady has written a beautiful review of experiencing that moment on AYNIM in their come back to camden thread.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom