Dublin, National Stadium 23rd November added

Are they REALLY standing tickets?
No. At least not in the sense that they say the word 'standing ticket' anywhere on them. But in the sense that they are general admission tickets to the flat floor area of the stadium (the bit marked STANDING in TB's very own floor plan for the National.) They will have seats in this area. But they won't be long required. ;)
Like I said...:crazy:

You may need to take a ticket in order to be seen at their head office. You will need to wait 4-6 weeks for your tickets, and a processing/transaction fee of 10% is also payable. Also if you are going there on a weekday, the maximum occupancy/autumnal equinox fee is also applicable.

:lbf::rolleyes:

Does anyone have an email for TICKETMASTER.IE Customer Services?

He was a gifted man with a football but he was also a wife beating alcoholic. It's a shame how talent is wasted on such people. Good result for Ireland tonight though. and the man of the match
<---------------

He was all those things, unfortunately. But some man with a ball on a field. Great result last night and a great performance from JO'S.:thumb:

According to TicketMaster's FAQ section, they have to put seats and rows on all General Admission tickets so they can keep track of the sale. I looked at some old GA tickets and sure enough, there is a seat/row printed on many of them.

It will be a right laugh so...................:)

The only tickets I can see available on Ticketmaster are in block O where I'll need a pair of binoculars if I'm going.

John from Cork, you're cramping my style here man with your picture :lbf:, is that Denis Irwin or a certain keen window cleaner?
Either way neither of them are as good as John O' Shea! :thumb:

I'm sorry Dan but you're going to have to change your picture. John O Pie wouldnt have been good enough to clean the boots of Denis Irwin. :lbf:

I'm sorry Dan but you're going to have to change your picture. John O Pie wouldnt have been good enough to clean the boots of Denis Irwin. :lbf:

oh let the mud slinging begin! John O Pie, never heard that one. I wasn't talking to you outside Camden Roundhouse last year was I?

oh let the mud slinging begin! John O Pie, never heard that one. I wasn't talking to you outside Camden Roundhouse last year was I?

Was the guy fairly good looking with a thick Cork accent :eek: No wasn't me you were talking to.. wish I had been though

Folks, can any of you help me with directions. I have looked on google maps and all. My understanding is that this venue would be somewhere out the way of Kilmainham. I could also get to it by parking in the city centre and making my way up towards Stephens Green and walk off up Harcourt Street. Would that be right? I was told it's walking distance from Stephens Green. I don't mind driving into the city centre but hate driving off out other unknown routes. So basically if I was parking in the city centre can anyone tell me how I'd get to the venue from there? I was told there's a Luas link but may as well just walk it as it's not far. Is any of that correct? Help is much much appreciated. :)

Does anyone have a definitive address for the National Stadium?
I booked myself in at the Hilton Dublin Kilmainham, hoping it was nearby.
Also, how do you get from Dublin Airport to the stadium (or to the Hilton Dublin Kilmainham). I feel idiotic asking, but i'm attending by myself and i'll never have the nerve to ask anyone when i arrive! (shyness is an unbearable curse!!) - and time is limited as my Glasgow-Dublin Aer Lingus flight doesn't arrive in till 16:20 (hope the weather doesn't delay this!)

Folks, can any of you help me with directions. I have looked on google maps and all. My understanding is that this venue would be somewhere out the way of Kilmainham. I could also get to it by parking in the city centre and making my way up towards Stephens Green and walk off up Harcourt Street. Would that be right? I was told it's walking distance from Stephens Green. I don't mind driving into the city centre but hate driving off out other unknown routes. So basically if I was parking in the city centre can anyone tell me how I'd get to the venue from there? I was told there's a Luas link but may as well just walk it as it's not far. Is any of that correct? Help is much much appreciated. :)

The venue's in the direction of but still some distance from Kilmainham. You can walk from Stephen's Green easy in half-hour. Buy/download a city map and you'll be fine. People are generally helpful. http://www.nationalstadium.ie/Book_On-Line/Location/location.html

Does anyone have a definitive address for the National Stadium?
I booked myself in at the Hilton Dublin Kilmainham, hoping it was nearby.
Also, how do you get from Dublin Airport to the stadium (or to the Hilton Dublin Kilmainham). I feel idiotic asking, but i'm attending by myself and i'll never have the nerve to ask anyone when i arrive! (shyness is an unbearable curse!!) - and time is limited as my Glasgow-Dublin Aer Lingus flight doesn't arrive in till 16:20 (hope the weather doesn't delay this!)

http://www.nationalstadium.ie/Book_On-Line/Location/location.html

Get a bus from Dublin Airport to the city centre, and then another (or the Luas tram line) to Heuston Train Station which is a few minutes walk from the Hilton in Kilmainham. Ask there for the easiest way to the Stadium; I think you'll need some transport but it's not too far. If you need to ask, do; you've not left yourself enough time for coyness.

Safe journey, and céad míle fáilte!

geniuses that they are have no info on buses or luas routes to the venue on their website. anyone care to enlighten me as to which buses or luas lines will bring me out towards the venue?

The Stadium is next door to Griffith College Dublin. From their website....

The College is situated just 1km from the city centre on Dublin‘s south side.

By Bus
Bus routes serving Griffith College are 16, 16A, 19, 19A, 122,(from O'Connell St./D'Olier St.), 49, 49A (Eden Quay), 56A(College St.), 210.

By Luas
The Luas also operates a service to Harcourt Street which is within a ten minute walk of GCD.

It's not a bad walk from town, just walk straight up from Christchurch on to Patrick Street, turn right onto SCR at Clanbrassil Street. Maybe 20-30 minutes? There's also those free bikes....

Back
Top Bottom