Dublin, National Stadium 23rd November added

Re: Dublin, National Stadium 23rd November - General Admission Tickets or Standing

All,
I rang the National Stadium to see if the General Admission Tickets in fact meant Standing ones. I was told that there are NO STANDING TICKETS at all. So all of the General Admission ones have an assigned seat #.

Still, even when I have had a seat a Moz gig I have never sat down!

Punky

There are no seat numbers on the ones I got.:confused:

Re: Dublin, National Stadium 23rd November - General Admission Tickets or Standing

Those old enough to remember (like me) the last National Stadium gig back in 1991 will recall that it too was an all-seated affair. It was only during the support band's set (The Would Be's) that the crowd rushed the stage and the security staff had to remove broken chairs etc.

Friends have attended recent gigs in the National Stadium, Bon Iver & Elvis Costello (the Elvis gig was a few years ago) and both were all seated affairs. Hope this helps clarify things a bit for those still confused with the general admission tix.

attachment.php

BTW - I posted this in Collector's Corner last year. A ticket stub from the 1991 National Stadium gig. Ticket prices were a tad cheaper back then!!! I had a Block seated ticket back then and would have loved a floor ticket but this time round am happy out with my seated ticket.

I was at a boxing event in the Stadium last year and hadn't been back in the venue since 1991 - I couldn't believe how small the place is. It's funny the tricks memory plays but I couldn't believe it was the small place I'd seen Moz in 1991. Irregardless of seated or standing this is going to be one hell of a gig. The place is really intimate.

A friend in work was happily reminiscing to me earlier this week about the bloody nose he received in the melee of the '91 gig.

We're all older and wiser now, apparently...:rolleyes:

SSA42067.jpg

My t-shirt from the second Irish date in 1991.I like that it's got the date and an image of the point depot on it.
Don't think there's too many of these still knocking about.:)

All,
I rang the National Stadium to see if the General Admission Tickets in fact meant Standing ones. I was told that there are NO STANDING TICKETS at all. So all of the General Admission ones have an assigned seat #.

Still, even when I have had a seat a Moz gig I have never sat down!

Punky
Sheesh! This is confusing.
So, do you reckon the GENAD tickets will be for seats (temporary, I'm sure!) where the 'Standing' area is on TM's bogus seating plan. I have a seat in Block B, which I'm chuffed with - but only if it's in tiered seating blocks, not seats on the stadium floor!
Any info?

Sheesh! This is confusing.
So, do you reckon the GENAD tickets will be for seats (temporary, I'm sure!) where the 'Standing' area is on TM's bogus seating plan. I have a seat in Block B, which I'm chuffed with - but only if it's in tiered seating blocks, not seats on the stadium floor!
Any info?

I have a seat in that section too and if it's tiered it'll probably be better off than the flat "floored" seating area.
Safe to say these fellas (ticketmaster) couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Safe to say these fellas (ticketmaster) couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.
Never mind a brewery, these eejits couldn't organise a piss-up in a piss factory.

Got my tickets in the post yesterday....Yipee!
This is gonna be a good one, seated or standing, I'll be jumping around!

Just checked ticket master. Standing Tixs available now. Typical. They leave the standing till last...

Just checked ticket master. Standing Tixs available now. Typical. They leave the standing till last...

what? this is like a comedy sketch at this stage. If i get into the concert and have a seat or if I'm standing I'll just be happy as long as these incompetent idiots manage to allow the concert to go ahead.

John from Cork, you're cramping my style here man with your picture :lbf:, is that Denis Irwin or a certain keen window cleaner?
Either way neither of them are as good as John O' Shea! :thumb:

John from Cork, you're cramping my style here man with your picture :lbf:, is that Denis Irwin or a certain keen window cleaner?
Either way neither of them are as good as John O' Shea! :thumb:

Them lads are grand, but here is the man. This video comes courtesy of "KingBillyNoSurrender" on YouTube.:rolleyes:

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bz73HZd4xFI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bz73HZd4xFI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

What a feckin' bunch of jokers! So they wait until the seats sell out, then they put the standing, sorry, GENAD / FLOOR tickets up for sale. I've never seen anything like this.
:crazy:on a crutch

AAAARRRRGHHHHH!
* polishes best baseball bat whilst google searching ticketbastards head office address*

AAAARRRRGHHHHH!
* polishes best baseball bat whilst google searching ticketbastards head office address*

You may need to take a ticket in order to be seen at their head office. You will need to wait 4-6 weeks for your tickets, and a processing/transaction fee of 10% is also payable. Also if you are going there on a weekday, the maximum occupancy/autumnal equinox fee is also applicable.

Them lads are grand, but here is the man. This video comes courtesy of "KingBillyNoSurrender" on YouTube.:rolleyes:

He was a gifted man with a football but he was also a wife beating alcoholic. It's a shame how talent is wasted on such people. Good result for Ireland tonight though. and the man of the match
<---------------

Back
Top Bottom