Dublin, National Stadium 23rd November added

I reckon despite the price the gig will be a sell out. Morrissey has a very healthy fanbase in Ireland. A lot of the Dublin fanbase may not have travelled around the country to see Moz earlier in the year. Pricey yes. Will is stop me going ? No way. :)

You must be one of the lesser hit ones in the recession then.:p
Well if as many people go as you are predicting then they shold start saving now.

I don't want to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet but like many people here I've travelled to America,Europe and the UK many times to see Morrissey in concert sometimes without tickets and I've never paid this much to see him live not even after buying tickets from touts to sold out gigs.

I don't want to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet but like many people here I've travelled to America,Europe and the UK many times to see Morrissey in concert sometimes without tickets and I've never paid this much to see him live not even after buying tickets from touts to sold out gigs.

Good point. Me too. Dont think I've spent more than £50 even on ebay and I'm not going to start now. As long as I stay away from the frink though or I might change my mind :D

im kinda tempted but i wouldnt like to think it would start a trend in increased ticket prices , i remember he cost £12 to go and see .... :mad:

where is my pipe and slippers :confused:

It's almost 20 years ago.

However, last year I paid 55 euro plus booking fee for a Dublin ticket, just over 16 months later 13 euro rise is too much. :(

Leonard Cohen over here was something like €130!

Mind you, he played for 3 1/2 hours, I heard.:thumb:
I heard he played for hour and a half. It just felt like three and a half...;)

Is it me, or are the ticket prices a bit steeper than normal?

Bit steep alright. 68 euro plus booking fee, plus Bus Eireann student return ticket, will kip at a friends house, possible few drinks. That's well over 100 euro, my discretionary income gone until christmas pretty much.

€68?! I think we should all ring Jooooooooe Duffy about this tomorrow.
(see above).

:lbf: "and this Morrissey fella Joe actively encourages fans to launch themself at the stage with no regard for their personal safety. Numerous people have been killed and dismembered while at these so called concerts. We need to think of our children and stop this madness."

As Millhouse once said to Bart "it used to be about the music"

:lbf:

:lbf: "and this Morrissey fella Joe actively encourages fans to launch themself at the stage with no regard for their personal safety. Numerous people have been killed and dismembered while at these so called concerts. We need to think of our children and stop this madness."

:lbf:

Hahahahah.

Joe is an auld bollix.:thumb:

It's almost 20 years ago.

However, last year I paid 55 euro plus booking fee for a Dublin ticket, just over 16 months later 13 euro rise is too much. :(

Plus you had The brilliant new York Dolls thrown in. That was a fantastic gig in Kilmainham.

Here's the plan...We'll all drink three pints less before or after the gig...Dublin prices = at least 15€......so that'll make up the difference in the ticket price!

A pair of standing Paris tickets only came to about 90 euro, all in. :eek:

Sacrebleu!!

I'm really looking forward to this. yeah it's pricey but hopefully the smaller venue will create a more intimate gig. Are people meeting up somewhere beforehand? I'd love to meet fellow apostles

Back
Top Bottom