Dublin Live: "Morrissey calls on Taoiseach Micheal Martin to ban 'archaic hare coursing' in Ireland" (September 22, 2022)

0_Singer-Morrissey.jpg

Morrissey calls on Taoiseach Micheal Martin to ban 'archaic hare coursing' in Ireland - by Aakanksha Surve (September 22, 2022).

Excerpt quote:
"For nothing more than a bet or a lark, thousands of hares are ripped from their homes every year, crammed into netted enclosures, and forced to run for their lives in front of dogs."

Source article & letter link:

Screenshot_20220922-134739~2.png

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

all we hear these days is the world is changing and we all need to adapt,nothing changes in the animal cruelty world,doubt it ever will because there is too much money to be made from it.

An old tactic. Drum up interest after poor ticket sales. Get your name in the news. He's done it so, so many times before when things aren't going well on the commercial side

Moz - "What do they do here?"
Flunkey - "Well, there's this hare thin......"
Moz - "Perfect, take a note flunkey, this should sell more tickets"
if this is a marketing ploy, then it sure beats the methods used by most acts

seemed a reasonable letter trying to do a bit of good

run hare run run run

Well a quick wikicheck informs us it also exists in...the Western United States, so he could have just stayed at home and written to Joe...How that would have impacted ticket sales in Killarney is very foggy dew tho.

But since he's here now, he can go and break Liz Truss's legs. As I'm sure fracking doesn't improve bunnies' health in a major way.
-Oh wait-don't give him the hammer just yet, he needs to write to PETA to ask for permission first.
:rolleyes:

edit: success: huge impact of letter: Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail just got their tickets

Last edited:
Crikey !!!
He sounds like Jimmy Saville fixing it for animals.
“as I understand it”
“my friends at PETA tell me”
(What the 4ck ????? Clueless c#@nt at best)

What a load of cock and nonsense.
It’s actually Steven once again up to his old gimmick, abusing the animals to gain publicity and shift a few tickets.

Remember folks this is the man that was caught out wearing the peacock feather embellished wool and cashmere cardigan (in brown)

Stop being a stupid twunt Steven.

Benny🇬🇧🔪
Don't get this. Why is wearing cashmere considered 'wrong'? Was the animal concerned still inside the cardigan, or something? :crazy:
Plus why is this particular post not off topic? I don't understand the rules in this place at all.

Don't get this. Why is wearing cashmere considered 'wrong'? Was the animal concerned still inside the cardigan, or something? :crazy:
Plus why is this particular post not off topic? I don't understand the rules in this place at all.
This is WeirdUnclePeter's site...we just live here.

Anyway, here's to the upcoming gigs...see you in Donny and Manchester. Let's hope it's a good one.

This is WeirdUnclePeter's site...we just live here.

Anyway, here's to the upcoming gigs...see you in Donny and Manchester. Let's hope it's a good one.
Tis a terminal sadness / illness which saturates this site. My wife cheated on me, buggered off and left me £££ thousands in debt. I held less vitriol for her than some do for M. Last thing I wanted to do was plunder her FB and leave streams of hate. It's unhealthy. Hell hath no fury like a lover spurned I guess. At least others capture their animosity in bouquets of intelligence and humour.

An old tactic. Drum up interest after poor ticket sales. Get your name in the news. He's done it so, so many times before when things aren't going well on the commercial side

Moz - "What do they do here?"
Flunkey - "Well, there's this hare thin......"
Moz - "Perfect, take a note flunkey, this should sell more tickets"

An old tactic: appear on a Morrissey fan site &, no matter the topic of the post, try to twist it in some negative way to criticise the singer you pretend to no longer be obsessed with.

Morrissey is a life-long defender of animal rights & vocal critic of all cruelty to animals, and has written numerous letters like this to many leaders around the world over the years. This is completely normal behaviour for him.

Only you would try to make this about something other than what it is.

Do you really believe that him saying ‘don’t set dogs onto hares’ is going to attract massive mainstream attention & lead to hordes of people rushing to buy tickets to his concert?

To even suggest such a thing is beyond disingenuous.

An old tactic: appear on a Morrissey fan site &, no matter the topic of the post, try to twist it in some negative way to criticise the singer you pretend to no longer be obsessed with.

Morrissey is a life-long defender of animal rights & vocal critic of all cruelty to animals, and has written numerous letters like this to many leaders around the world over the years. This is completely normal behaviour for him.

Do you really believe that him saying ‘don’t set dogs onto hares’ is going to attract massive mainstream attention & lead to hordes of people rushing to buy tickets to his concert?

Some people are just on this earth to ignore mate. Referencing him at all vaildates his existence. Try not to.

Good for Moz for this and look forward to this UK & Ireland tour.

Viva Moz.

You’re new here I take it.

Benny 🇬🇧 :knife:

Presumably if Morrissey left the house one morning, the sole purpose would be to get press attention and sell some records .laughable.

Be careful, brave police woman,

those hunters won't let a woman arrest them for committing their illegal activities.

Last edited by a moderator:
The politicians themselves make money on what is advertised as a "great family day out" as it is tied in with the equally abhorrent greyhound racing industry. This is a lucrative government funded board and the minister of "sport" appoints people to it. They are given huge grants on average 16 million of tax payers money per year. I'm glad Morrissey is highlighting the cruelty of this blood cult, though he's wasting his ink on Michael Martin who thinks the notion of Irish sovereignty is "backward looking", so I wouldn't rate compassion for animals to be high on his priorities either. A WEF toe-rag and traitor. But thank you Morrissey for caring enough to speak up, one of the few who does.

Wouldn't it be fair to say that Morrissey's far right pronouncements have undermined his stance on animal cruelty? Why would you listen to this man?

Wouldn't it be fair to say that Morrissey's far right pronouncements have undermined his stance on animal cruelty? Why would you listen to this man?
You'll be referencing Bardot next. You may have a valid point. I do know this though. Long after we will be pushing up daisies, folk will be listening to his voice and lyrics.

Release Bonfire Of Teenagers.

"From: Ed Mendoza
Reply-To:
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 06:57:56 -0400
To: Merck Mercuriadis
hello Merck
I'm printing this on Eddie's pc - mine's still a mess.
Hope you are well.
1/I'm satisfied with the Daily Mail reply - given their nature I think it's a success, and I wasn't looking for an Apology, but a Correction.
2/The situation with "the Youngest" is grave and somewhat deadly. It has set a new low for all of our spirits. The single was launched and then received by the media like a release from a complete nobody. I am less than nothing. This is appalling given the combined efforts of:
A-30 date sell-out UK tour, B-on the heels of a #1 album, C-powerful B-side package, D-great video, E-great sleeve artwork, F-Jonathan Ross and Jools Holland shows, G-enormous tabloid coverage of my animal rights comments, H-week of NME Smiths cover (my face foremost) ;
but the welcome is censorian. It is a flop.
As far as airplay is concerned, it was classically ignored. Also, no national airplay throughout 30-date tour, and no airplay for the #1 album. CJ and Tony are absolute rubbish. The excuse of the football songs is the same as the excuse for You Have Killed Me and Irish Blood - all halted by gimmick releases, yet no one is affected except me - Keane storm on, etc.
By common consent, Sanctuary has stalled and have no muscle. This is what I am told and this is what I see. Jennifer says The Youngest suffered because "certain people would not spend digital dosh"; Jennifer put the single back one week and then left the country for that week of release. I ask Toby H three times for a list of possible Euro TV shows and, two months down the line, still no list. Ringleader zooms from #1 becoming the fastest fall from the top 100 in pop history.
In truth, the Youngest is an unavoidable #1 single - as was You Have Killed Me. By my very presence alone (music apart), my time is Now. The band are flying high. Where the BBC and radio 1 and the press are concerned, Jennifer and CJ are afraid to even whisper.
I understand that your instinct is to flee from the scene of the carnage and move on quickly. but "the Youngest" is a dream of a gift for any label, and if you can't make this fly then I can't see how you can do it with anything else.
The disaster of "the Youngest" is Sanctuary's 2nd major failure
- the first being releasing Quarry on day 2 of a 7 days sales week, thus no #1 position.
Meanwhile, Jed continues to have the time of his life - at my expense - but also, at yours.
Merck, the fate of "the Youngest" is appalling. Sanctuary have blown the whistle on themselves and there is no excuse.
MORRISSEY.
E. Mendoza
Security Director, Morrissey
+1 310 497 5498 Blackberry
+44 (0) 792 023 8631 UK Mobile
+1 801 439 6359 efax"

its better he uses his "fame" for this, than other things. Give the guy a break
I think he has shown he cares for animals, It's not just an act .
Does it seem like he uses animal rights for advertising, sure whatever

The organisation Greyhound Racing Ireland is coming under increased scrutiny by authorities, and on 10th November its officers were quizzed at length by the governmental Public Accounts Committee, from 14 minutes or so in and beyond here - https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/committees/33/committee-of-public-accounts/

Some issues raised were captured by the wider press - https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-41003684.html

Now that they have the body by the scruff of the neck, Green politicians in particular are not letting go, and inquiries are continuing.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom