Dublin, Ireland (Dec. 1, venue to be announced Sep. 5) - true-to-you.net

WTF is a "Glasgow kiss"?
And why do people keep mentioning it on tour threads? It is different form a "Liverpool hug" or a "Manchester peck"?

WTF is a "Glasgow kiss"?
And why do people keep mentioning it on tour threads? It is different form a "Liverpool hug" or a "Manchester peck"?

It's a headbutt that knocks you out.

Got my standing tickets on the presale. Very easy to get.

Prices are as follows:

Standing: 59.50+6.10 charges = Total of Euro 65.60 per ticket

Seated: All Blocks(except Blocks C, D & E) = 69.50+6.85 charges = Total of Euro 76.35 per ticket

Seated: Blocks C, D & E = 79.50+6.85 charges = Total of Euro 86.35 per ticket

Here is the pre-sale link, to allow those without pre sale passwords to get familiar with the selection and pricing:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/morrisse...91&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60&did=3dublin

Last edited:
Please, please, please ... the presale code?! In the wrong place at the wrong time this morning and desperate!!!

Prices are as follows:

Seated: All Blocks(except Blocks C, D & E) = 69.50+6.85 charges = Total of Euro 76.35 per ticket

Here is the pre-sale link, to allow those without pre sale passwords to get familiar with the selection and pricing:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/morrisse...91&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60&did=3dublin

please read your inbox, anyone got the o2 psw? ((((((((

Prices are as follows:

Thanks fayf. Always handy to have that info in advance for Friday.

And congratulations.

Just checked now, looks like all p-s seats are away, standing only.

Hoping to be able to access general sale come Friday at 9, but family commitments may prevent it. If not, I'll pick up a decent seat nearer the time. Usually works out that way; but it's traditional to go through the trials and tribulations of the Ticketbastard ritual General Onsale! ;)

Thanks fayf. Always handy to have that info in advance for Friday.

And congratulations.

Just checked now, looks like all p-s seats are away, standing only.

Hoping to be able to access general sale come Friday at 9, but family commitments may prevent it. If not, I'll pick up a decent seat nearer the time. Usually works out that way; but it's traditional to go through the trials and tribulations of the Ticketbastard ritual General Onsale! ;)

Good luck.

As I mentioned before, only around 10% of the tickets are allocated to this presale, but this time it was tighter, as there are two lots of mobile phone customers eligible to take part in the presale, O2 & Three,
whereas before, it was just O2 customers only.

There is still around 90% of tickets available on Friday morning, and I can't see this selling out immediately(I hope I am wrong !) as there are 14,500 tickets'ish in total.
It's his biggest gig in Ireland... ever, by a long way.

Good luck.

As I mentioned before, only around 10% of the tickets are allocated to this presale, but this time it was tighter, as there are two lots of mobile phone customers eligible to take part in the presale, O2 & Three,

There is still around 90% of tickets available on Friday morning, and I can't see this selling out immediately(I hope I am wrong !) as there are 14,500 tickets'ish in total.

That's true, I hadn't twigged ~ it is his largest ever capacity show in Ireland. Obviously, I would have much preferred a couple of nights at Vicar Street/Olympia and a show in gorgeous Cork, etc; spread the love, and bring it closer!
But it is what it is, and it's still preferrable to the London venue. Hoping for a repeat of the Christmas Point experience. If I get tickets :)

That's true, I hadn't twigged ~ it is his largest ever capacity show in Ireland. Obviously, I would have much preferred a couple of nights at Vicar Street/Olympia and a show in gorgeous Cork, )

My home city, and it is a great place.

He wanted to do 3 nights at the Olympia but they could only accommodate 2 so that's why there was a delay with the announcement of the venue, would have preferred even one night in the Olympia to the 3arena, find it has no atmosphere but hey I'd go see him play in a shed

Got my tickets so hopefully it will happen now

Good luck.

I've seen him in The Point (old name for the O2, I mean the 3 arena, ahem) three times at least. Once in 1991 and for the Southpaw tour where he supported Bowie and also for his December concert around the time of Quarry. Was the capacity way less at the Point before it was refurbished as the 3arena?

He wanted to do 3 nights at the Olympia but they could only accommodate 2 so that's why there was a delay with the announcement of the venue, would have preferred even one night in the Olympia to the 3arena, find it has no atmosphere but hey I'd go see him play in a shed

Got my tickets so hopefully it will happen now

Thats interesting, what's the source of this information ??

It looked on the face of it, that the delay was due to the change of name of the venue, as he announced on August 2nd that: "A concert at Dublin's 02 has been finalised."(see earlier part of this thread).

Of course, the Olympia would have been much better, great venue,
but even 3 nights at the Olympia, would equate to just 1/3 of the capacity of just 1 night at the 3Arena,
the Olympia holds 1,620 (when floor is in standing configuration)per their website, so 4,860(3 nights) is less than one third of the 3Arena capacity(14,500).

Get standing at 3Arena, and get there early and get right up the front, plenty of atmosphere up there.

I've seen him in The Point (old name for the O2, I mean the 3 arena, ahem) three times at least. Once in 1991 and for the Southpaw tour where he supported Bowie and also for his December concert around the time of Quarry. Was the capacity way less at the Point before it was refurbished as the 3arena?

It was a good bit smaller, around 8,500 seated, versus around 10,500 to 11,000 now seated , so around 1/3 bigger.

But, apart from size, this is a very well designed venue, everyone is closer as the stage is at the long end of the building, and an "Amphitheatre" seating configuration.

Of course, it doesen't make much of a difference if you are standing, but makes a big difference to seats.

The old "Point Depot" was basically a shed with drapes, with nothing done do it, awful sound, and stage at the short end.
The new venue is miles better, and has the Dublin tram called "The Luas" Red line just outside the door, stop name "The point" making it easy to get down to and back out again. It's a fair walk from Dublin city centre to the venue, the Luas makes this a whole lot easier.

http://www.luas.ie/routes/

Last edited:
It was a good bit smaller, around 8,500 seated, versus around 10,500 to 11,000 now seated , so around 1/3 bigger.

But, apart from size, this is a very well designed venue, everyone is closer as the stage is at the long end of the building, and an "Amphitheatre" seating configuration.

Of course, it doesen't make much of a difference if you are standing, but makes a big difference to seats.

The old "Point Depot" was basically a shed with drapes, with nothing done do it, awful sound, and stage at the short end.
The new venue is miles better, and has the Dublin tram called "The Luas" Red line just outside the door, stop name "The point" making it easy to get down to and back out again. It's a fair walk from Dublin city centre to the venue, the Luas makes this a whole lot easier.

http://www.luas.ie/routes/

Thanks for all the great info. I was at the O2 to see Depeche Mode for the 'sounds of the universe' tour and it was a good venue allright. The only problem was it was too easy to get to the bar so I have trouble recollecting the end of the concert :) That won't happen with Moz cos I won't have time to get drunk in the 70 mins he plays for. Hahahha. Plus I'll probably be driving so that nixes the beer.

Please, please, please ... the presale code?! In the wrong place at the wrong time this morning and desperate!!!

Just to confirm to to other some facts about the presale codes, as have received some private messages.

1)The Presale codes can only be used once

2) There is 4 ticket limit per presale code( this is 8 tickets on the general sale)

3) If you buy two presale tickets, you cannot use the code again

4) It's possible to circumvent the above limits and restrictions, but there have been cases where customers have had all their tickets cancelled, so I would certainly not risk that.

5) Only around 10 % of the total ticket sales are available on the presales, leaving 90 % for the general sale on Friday

The T & C's for the O2 presale is here:
http://www.o2online.ie/o2/uploads/pdfs/terms/consumer/priority-tickets-terms_0702012.pdf

and ditto for Three:
http://www.three.ie/terms-condition...-promoter-hutchison-3g-ireland-limited-three/

I was at that Depeche Mode gig, twas a good one.

I do the beer, but only after a standing gig, better to stay on the dry, and enjoy the gig. and remember the gig fully !!

I'm afraid that this will be the last show, the farewell show!

It remains to be seen. He has been written off several time before, and he keeps coming back. It's what he does, all he knows.

Well the last two shows will be in England and then in Ireland (Irish blood, English heart), so this could be true

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom