Dublin, Ireland (Dec. 1, venue to be announced Sep. 5) - true-to-you.net

So when do tickets actually go on-sale? Against my better judgment I'm going to get some as I think he will try and honour his "hometown" gig. And its only £60 flight from UK

So when do tickets actually go on-sale? Against my better judgment I'm going to get some as I think he will try and honour his "hometown" gig. And its only £60 flight from UK

The onsale date for tickets, has not been announced yet, that information should be available tomorrow, when the gig is officially announced.
Going on the usual arrangements, i would speculate tickets will be onsale sometime next week, but lets wait to hear the official announcement first.

Remember, if you know someone in Ireland who has an O2 mobile account OR a 3 Mobile account, they can get you the code required to participate in the pre-sale, which is usually
2 to 3 days before the public onsale.
It appears the presale ticket access will initially be shared between "O2" and "Three" mobile customers, meaning pre sale tickets could be harder to nab, than was the casebefore, when it was only available to 02 mobile customers.

3 Arena website is http://3arena.ie/

The onsale date for tickets, has not been announced yet, that information should be available tomorrow, when the gig is officially announced.
Going on the usual arrangements, i would speculate tickets will be onsale sometime next week, but lets wait to hear the official announcement first.

Remember, if you know someone in Ireland who has an O2 mobile account OR a 3 Mobile account, they can get you the code required to participate in the pre-sale, which is usually
2 to 3 days before the public onsale.
It appears the presale ticket access will initially be shared between "O2" and "Three" mobile customers, meaning pre sale tickets could be harder to nab, than was the casebefore, when it was only available to 02 mobile customers.

3 Arena website is http://3arena.ie/

It is a pure speculation that Morrissey's Dublin gig will be held at 3 Arena.

We have to wait tomorrow's announcement.

Last edited:

I agree that it is unconfirmed, but I completely disagree that its "Pure Speculation", the man himself posted ontruetoyou.net:

"2 August 2014

Morrissey is finalising plans for concerts in Athens (Greece), Istanbul (Turkey) and Rome (Italy), and he is hoping to include Bucharest (Romania) and Budapest (Hungary). A concert at Dublin's 02 has been finalised."

The delay is explained somewhat, by the name change which only happened today. This appears to be the reason for the delayed announcement. Venue confusion is not a good idea.

Yes, it could in theory, be a smaller venue, but Aiken Promotions(who I assume he is with for any Irish gigs,based on previous Morrissey Irish gigs) only have "Vicar Street" available which is far too small for Morrissey(1,500 capacity). Rival promoters MCD have the Olympia Theatre, slightly larger than Vicar steeet(1,620 capacity), but would not cope with the demand unless it's multiple nights.

It's still much more likely to be Dublin's 3 Arena, than anywhere else.

Last edited:
Yes, it could in theory, be a smaller venue, but Aiken Promotions(who I assume he is with for any Irish gigs,based on previous Morrissey Irish gigs) only have "Vicar Street" available which is far too small for Morrissey. Rival promoters MCD have the Olympia Theatre, larger than Vicar steeet, but would not cope with the demand unless it's multiple nights.

He played there last time

Except The O2 just tweeted that Anna Calvi is confirmed as Morrissey's support at his only UK gig. Why would they tweet that if he was playing somewhere else? That, in addition to the fact that he said himself he finalized a gig there.

Edited to add: scratch that i got my O2s confused.

Last edited:
Except The O2 just tweeted that Anna Calvi is confirmed as Morrissey's support at his only UK gig. Why would they tweet that if he was playing somewhere else? That, in addition to the fact that he said himself he finalized a gig there.

News Flash : Dublin, is not part of the UK.

I agree that it is unconfirmed, but I completely disagree that its "Pure Speculation", the man himself posted ontruetoyou.net:

"2 August 2014

Morrissey is finalising plans for concerts in Athens (Greece), Istanbul (Turkey) and Rome (Italy), and he is hoping to include Bucharest (Romania) and Budapest (Hungary). A concert at Dublin's 02 has been finalised."

The delay is explained somewhat, by the name change which only happened today. This appears to be the reason for the delayed announcement. Venue confusion is not a good idea.

Yes, it could in theory, be a smaller venue, but Aiken Promotions(who I assume he is with for any Irish gigs,based on previous Morrissey Irish gigs) only have "Vicar Street" available which is far too small for Morrissey(1,500 capacity). Rival promoters MCD have the Olympia Theatre, slightly larger than Vicar steeet(1,620 capacity), but would not cope with the demand unless it's multiple nights.

I agree with your analysis and it does seem more than likely that this gig will be at Dublin's 3 Arena. However, it should be pointed out that Morrissey did play Vicar Street as recently as 2011, for two nights.

I agree with your analysis and it does seem more than likely that this gig will be at Dublin's 3 Arena. However, it should be pointed out that Morrissey did play Vicar Street as recently as 2011, for two nights.

I am aware of that, and he also played The Savoy Cork, two days before both Vicar Street gigs.
On many occasions promoters go for one appearance in Ireland at the largest indoor venue, knowing, that that will draw fans from all around the country.
There is also the fact that this was 3 years ago, there is pent up demand to see him.

Why is the venue announcement delayed?

There is no way he's going to play all of the dates from October to December. No way.
Oh he will. Covering his hands and tips of his nostrils with anti bacterial wash (Boots) will work a treat. And lots of good vegetables will keep the boy fit!

What does "3" mean. Is it an Irish company? I know the Irish Rugby team had O2 splattered all over their uniforms, but now it is "3" and the Irish kickball team has "3" on the front of their shirts.

What does "3" mean. Is it an Irish company? I know the Irish Rugby team had O2 splattered all over their uniforms, but now it is "3" and the Irish kickball team has "3" on the front of their shirts.

3 or Three, is a mobile phone company. It's not an Irish company, the parent company is called Hutchinson(Australian based), who are a mobile operator, and they operate a mobile phone business in Ireland, UK, some other countries in Europe, Australia and Asia.

It's just another corporate name, that is all.

workmans club google them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF is kickball?

Great to finally hear the official announcement, and I notice they specifically state "this is his only Irish show", unlike previous occasions Morrissey has been in Ireland.
I don't expect this gig to sell out, but will sell well.

Tickets onsale next Friday Setember 12th at 9am, prices from Euro 59.50. It's not up on ticketmaster.ie yet, but should be in the coming days.

As mentioned in previous posts,there will be a presale, probably starting next Wednesday morning, for customers of O2 Ireland , and Three Ireland, but to be confirmed the exact date & time.
Usually for a Friday public sale, the presale would start Wednesday morning at 9am, but TBC.

http://music.o2online.ie/

http://music.three.ie/Tickets

Ticketmaster.ie now has the event finally listed, and confirms ticket prices ranging from 59.50 to 79.50 + TM fees.
http://www.ticketmaster.ie/morrisse...rtistid=770791&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

It also confirms the presale time of 9am on Wednesday next, for those able to access
O2 Ireland Priority tickets: http://music.o2online.ie/Artist/Details/267
or
Three Ireland Priority tickets: http://music.three.ie/Artist/Details/267

It does not specify anywhere that the floor is standing, I would assume that it is, but it's just not confirmed anywhere that I know of, anyone spot this confirmed ?

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom