Dublin, Ireland (Dec. 1, venue to be announced Sep. 5) - true-to-you.net

I would love to see Dublin followed by Galway, Omagh, Belfast, Killarney, etc just like in 2009. If he is up to it, of course!
It's so easy to fly to Ireland from NYC.

After his ridiculous pro-IRA statement a few years ago, he'd be well advised to steer well clear of Northern Ireland for the foreseeable future

Apologies if my English is a little off, but apart from Helsinki, have any other shows sold out? On the US tour, he posted about all of the quick sellouts they had and posted again when a show subsequently sold out. Since Helsinki is the only one he posted about on TTY, I am guessing Europe sales arent mirroring the US? Such a shame too - prior to the cancellations, the US tour looked like it was the most successful run he's had in years in terms of marketing and number of sold out shows. Guessing Europe didnt have the same marketing push behind it that the US did since it seems the only place I have found infos on the shows is here on Solo.

: O

I wonder if aer lingus will let me change my ticket so I can fly home on december 3rd instead of september 24th

so I can go to a bunch of shows

eta they allow changes an it's cheap :cool:

Last edited:
After his ridiculous pro-IRA statement a few years ago, he'd be well advised to steer well clear of Northern Ireland for the foreseeable future

Good on Moz. Steer clear. Kerry is Gods land, check it out.

Does anyone know if the uk ticketmaster site will be selling tickets for the Dublin gig?

One can buy tickets for all events in Ireland, through ticketmaster.co.uk, but it might be quicker to just use the Irish website, your ticketmaster.co.uk website login should work on ticketmaster.ie,
I have bought tickets on the UK one, even though I am based in Ireland.

For anyone travelling to Dublin, I would strongly advise booking a hotel/hostel before the announcement, as they increase prices once an announcement is made.
Currently, there are no major events on in Dublin on December 1st. The O2 Dublin(soon to be called Three Dublin - or similar) holds 14,500, when the floor is standing(which it will be for Morrissey), so there will be many people travelling who require overnight accomadation.

Absolute nonsense, the north of Ireland has plenty of IRA supporters

And many more who aren't so keen - particularly in places like Omagh and Belfast - for obvious reasons. As a Plastic Paddy from Glasgow, you wouldn't understand.

Run along, now.

Why is the venue announcement delayed?

There is no way he's going to play all of the dates from October to December. No way.

True very true, I was all ready to purchase tickets for the O2 gig but after a lot of soul searching decided against doing so because of course his reputation precedes him. After his failed last tour in the states I reflected & had to refrain myself from purchasing the affor mentioned O2 tickets because it isn't only the bitter disappointment one goes through it's also the travel,in most cases hotel or motel stays , they all add up.The much hyped up gigs at the Roundhouse one gig then cancelled only found out when turned up at the door locked with a hand written note cancelled due to ill health.then the gig at the Isle of Wright,No show..! Looked forward too that one for months!,like you do, Their are others but you get the general view of were I am on this , Far to busy gig after gig cram 'em in super tours. We all know the best & only way to see him is at the local city hall or civic hall near to where you live, max capacity of 200-300 people, Not the ultra mega arena stadiums. It's a Shame it's come to this but I can't be disappointed anymore, never thought I'd be saying that about the great one & only Lord Mudslide.

Why is the venue announcement delayed?

There is no way he's going to play all of the dates from October to December. No way.

He will play 4 or 5 of these dates.. maybe 6.

Buying a ticket is like playing the lottery.

Good luck!!

And many more who aren't so keen - particularly in places like Omagh and Belfast - for obvious reasons. As a Plastic Paddy from Glasgow, you wouldn't understand.

Run along, now.
the falls road is in Belfast, didn't you know that annonyMOUSE, as for the plastic paddy comment, my father is from Derry, my mum is from lurgan so wrong again, are you a sevco fan?, why don't you grow a pair and register?, something to hide?

The Irish times confirm the venue name change here:
https://www.irishtimes.com/business...c-venue-as-three-takeover-finalised-1.1916455

and mention a rebranding event next week on Wednesday September 10th, but at that stage, the new venue name should be known.

Nothing yet from on the promoter who has handled Morrissey's recent gigs in Ireland, Aiken Promotions, www.aikenpromotions.ie may have some additional information tomorrow, or the next few days.

Also, information here on buying tickets for all events at the O2 Dublin through O2 Priority tickets, usually for a Friday public onsale, one would be able to buy pre-sale tickets around 48 hours in advance(of public sale) by use of a code. If you know anyone who currently uses an O2 phone in Ireland, they can get you this code.
http://music.o2online.ie/Tickets
I find this good for getting standing tickets, but any seats I have bought on it have not really been good seats, they tend to be towards the extreme right or left of the stage.
I did try in the past using my Irish O2 phone for UK O2 venue events, but it does not work

Finally, on the day of any event at the O2 Dublin, if you have standing tickets, and you are an O2 Ireland customer, you can avail of whats called "Priority Access", which means you get to go into the venue first, in a seperate lineup to the general Q. An O2 Ireland customer can bring in 3 additional friends. I availed of this once before, but it did not make much of a difference as I was in top 5 people in the line anyway. It's not very fair as those who lineup up early, and who are not O2 Ireland customers will in theory, be relegated in the Q, but thats a perk they can offer because of buying the naming rights to a venue.

They also check your number, to verify that the mobile has an O2 Ireland account.

Details here:
http://music.o2online.ie/Access

Last edited:
the falls road is in Belfast, didn't you know that annonyMOUSE, as for the plastic paddy comment, my father is from Derry, my mum is from lurgan so wrong again, are you a sevco fan?, why don't you grow a pair and register?, something to hide?

Your parents are Northern Irish and you're Scottish, so, yes, you're a quintessential Plastic Paddy.

He will play 4 or 5 of these dates.. maybe 6.

Buying a ticket is like playing the lottery.

Good luck!!

We all know he'll play maybe 70% of the anounced dates. But which 70% will it be? Do you feel lucky? You've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

3arena.jpgI just got an e-mail confirmation from O2 Ireland, that the new name for the venue is "3 Arena"

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom