Dublin - 3Arena (Feb. 20, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / How Soon Is Now? / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Home Is A Question Mark / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Jack The Ripper / Hold On To Your Friends / Alone Again (Naturally) (into) Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
Courtesy of Capn G.

Regards,
FWD.

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / How Soon Is Now? / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Home Is A Question Mark / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Jack The Ripper / Hold On To Your Friends / new intro ( Alone Again ) Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

It's great until that "let's start talking about the weather right in the middle of sex" piano interlude shit starts.

f***ing tuneless, ornate, Liberace crap...brings the raw emotion of the simplicity of the song to a dead halt.

I thought you said you were leaving.

That intro is fantastic :D

Look forward to Morrissey doing an extract from Afternoon Delight the next time he sings Every Day Is Like Sunday...or maybe an extract from You Make Me Feel Like Dancing ( a la Miserable Lie)?

The band sound bloody FANTASTIC.

I needed cheering up. Thanks for ALL the photos and comments about the Gig.

Viva Morrissey,

Hazard
x

Great thread. There's no Panic now roll on Leeds and Birmingham.

Any truth in the rumour that Van Morrisson, Enya and Linda Nolan were all seen pogo-ing to 'Spent the Day in Bed' in the mosh pit?

Good night last night, nice venue, nice people around us, moz seemed in good spirits, very playful and mischievous, funny moment after world peace, moz said “if you’ve got 11-99, keep it” , not sure if many people got the joke, highlights were, open your legs, home, HSIN, Jack the Ripper, sunday, for me speedway is now way overplayed and needs a rest, disappointed not to hear Israel or Tel-Aviv , toyed with the idea of doing Aberdeen and Dublin, wish I had now, overall another great night seeing moz and another great few days in Dublin

Good night last night, nice venue, nice people around us, moz seemed in good spirits, very playful and mischievous, funny moment after world peace, moz said “if you’ve got 11-99, keep it” , not sure if many people got the joke, highlights were, open your legs, home, HSIN, Jack the Ripper, sunday, for me speedway is now way overplayed and needs a rest, disappointed not to hear Israel or Tel-Aviv , toyed with the idea of doing Aberdeen and Dublin, wish I had now, overall another great night seeing moz and another great few days in Dublin
11-99?

Sounds like "Alone Again" was a false report? Can anyone there confirm?

Alone Again was a lovely surprise and sung so well I would have loved to hear it in full. Alas just the first verse.
So glad to have been at this gig. It was up there with Manchester 2016.
The new songs were well received and a good number of people singing along to them as well as well as Sunday and Jack The Ripper and Pretenders cover.

The band were each and all fantastic and gave 100%. A very tight group.

I caught a glimpse of the video for "Bullfighter" which was as graphic as MIM at previous gigs.
Looked away till it was over. Same with "Who will protect us" video.
We arrived early 7.45ish and toyed with the idea of remaining downstairs as we would have been in the forth row but decided to go with seating upstairs. Glad we did as packed out below and being small would not have seen much.
Had a birds eye view of the shirt toss and ensuing tussle which went on for a while. Hope noone got hurt!
Saw a man in his PLO scarf in next row who seemed to enjoy the concert thoroughly. Nice gesture of solidarity for all - including Morrissey, whether or not he was singing "Israel".
"The press are impossible" was shouted by Morrissey 4 or 5 times at one point.
Fantastic atmosphere overall and was over way too soon. Morrissey was in very high spirits and shouted "I'll kiss the kips off you" several times near the end.
I would really love to see him again soon. Still on a high. So delighted I went.

Also saw where Morrissey wrote to Michael Creed Minister for agriculture for a ban on Fur Farming in Ireland as reported on RTE news and ICABS website. Viva Morrissey.

Looking forward to your review. Enjoy!
It's all been said by now but my few observations from last night:
1. Moz's voice is the best it's ever been
2. The LIHS songs sound even better live
3. Moz looks great (looks younger than he did on the World Peace tour)
4. His concerts are getting more dramatic (e.g. the sublime Jack The Ripper with red lit smoke)
5. Moz shook a lot of front row hands (he referred to a select few as "I have my favourites")
6. Audiences need to liven up. Some were like zombies especially for the new songs
7. Boz is still ace
8. Jesse still looks constipated on guitar (his facial expressions I mean)
9. Walker is great on drums (especially the end of Speedway)
10. The pre show footage of police brutality was very effective
11. So glad I was there

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom