Dublin - 3Arena (Dec. 1, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / Smiler With Knife / The Bullfighter Dies / Trouble Loves Me / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Meat is Murder / Scandinavia / Yes, I Am Blind / Kick the Bride Down the Aisle / Mountjoy / Speedway + I Didn't Know What To Do + Speedway // Asleep / Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by setlist.fm, link posted by Morran.

Last edited:
So he's done every song live from WPINOYB now except for Oboe Concerto, Drag The River, Forgive Someone and Julie In The Weeds.

Bit of a shame that he's only done Art-Hounds once, and that was before it was even released!

I hope Forgive and Oboe get played before the tour is over...

Well, why didn't ACTON say "hello" to Julia? He recognized her and knew who she was. Perhaps ACTON is rude and/or snooty. LOL. One thing I noticed that Julia has in common with Moz is that they are good at recognizing faces. She said "hi" to me once years after I met her once. Me, on the other hand, I could see someone I have met in the past, but don't recognize them (and then I figure it out later.) Or I may recognize the face, but don't remember who it is (then figure it out later.) LOL. They must think I'm snooty, but oh well. LOL.

I guess she may well be lonely, following someone around the world but say to me no partner.. still if she wants, I know how to spend money

Did you register a new name just to post this? What a tosser. And a coward. And yes I do believe what I wrote. And stating it publically has nothing to do with trying to impress anyone. I am my own person with a unique voice which cannot easily be copied or pigeonholed.

As a James Dean fan (and because he played the part of Cal Trask in East of Eden), I feel the need to clarify that that post was NOT made by me. I do agree, however, with what that person said.

FBE. A sycophant is precisely what I am not and will never be. I have no idols, no heroes, no gods, no masters. I am the commander of my own ship. That you are oblivious to this fact says much about your reasoning skills.
Sycophant, sycophant, sycophant. What do any of us gain by showing love and respect and/or appreciation for Morrissey? What?? Nothing!! Why do you feel that if we think he looks gorgeous, or sounds wonderful, or agree with something he said that we are sycophants? And even if some people do live and breathe Morrissey - what's it matter to you? :rolleyes:

Having read your reply to BB, I just have to ask...Are you really so very balanced yourself? From you to CG earlier this month:
I'm sorry you are having a bad time. This place would not be the same without you. So don't go. You irritate the piss out of me. But it makes this place interesting. Smooth sailing is boring. I'd have a beer with you. I know you would see me differently if you met me in person. I am much more fun and funny than I am on here. I think I play straight man to your comic genius sometimes.

I don't think you need to lose any weight. You are lovely the way you are. You have a beautiful smile and gorgeous hair. And you are smart. Despite all the times I indicated that I thought you were dumb. Not ready to say you are NOT delusional, however. And I don't think you are either. :D

Btw, I am not fake. Not sure about Keene. I just have lots of aspects to my personality. I'd call it being layered.

And now, you rambling on about CG , just today:
The meaningless rantings and absurd observations of an unwell mind far removed from consensus reality. That people actually give any merit to her delusions makes me lose faith in human intelligence and rational thinking--in general. Yet, appreciative of a sound mind even more.

Wow! Unbalanced and two-faced. Well, okay. Whatever.

Last edited:
Can anyone explain why some Dub lad in the photo for this thread is holding red, white and orange Gerbera Daisies? Is this the start of a rival to the Blue Rose Society? *rolleyes*

best
BB

Can anyone explain why some Dub lad in the photo for this thread is holding red, white and orange Gerbera Daisies? Is this the start of a rival to the Blue Rose Society? *rolleyes*

best
BB

I assume he's Oirish and probably 'tinks' they're Gladioli, to be sure.

I haven't perused that thread and don't intend to. I may as well point out that it's in The Pigsty and posting a link here is against the site's TOS. Be careful! A 'moderator' might tell you to f*** off for that infringement. Acutally, I'll do it on their behalf: f*** off.

best
BB

BB, my boy! Don't get testy! Did you enjoy 'Pointless'? Did you know any 'pointless' halls of Cambridge? Or would you have known more about Essex, for instance?
Shouldn't you be better capable of handling trolls like me? A touch more stoic? What would Sir John Mills do?

A philosophical question: What happens when trolls troll trolls? Or are you a troll trolling the troll who's trolling the troll?
Get back to talking about Morrissey. Any more chatter and self-congratulation will only earn you a swift swat on the buttocks from me.

I would hate to have to do it publicly. Oh, shall I? "I know so much more than I'm willing to say."
Expect us....

best,
Morrissey's #1 admirer

A reference to this very site:

http://state.ie/features/could-this-be-irelands-farewell-to-morrissey

"So what happens in an information vacuum? More rumours. More half-truths and wilder speculation. Lies and blind-luck accuracies. And even though Morrissey is (thankfully) no longer A-Grade gossip fodder, there have still been missives from fan-sites, those “hateful crèches” where stories are made up, misunderstood and eventually reformed as ITK titbits."

Support act: Anna Calvi:
Normally I’m cautious about any Morrissey support act. His insecurity rarely allows anyone decent fill this slot. That wasn’t the case in Dublin, where he chose the wonderful Anna Calvi – stunningly beautiful, playing mesmerising screaming guitar tunes. It reminded me of My Bloody Valentine in parts, that delicate feminine vocal singing over a slightly violent chainsaw guitar riff. I just wish she spoke to us a bit more and let us get to know her, as I’d say she’s lovely.

Anna Calvi's performance at the O2 Arena on Saturday was simply excellent. Great choice for a support act, one which certainly enhanced my enjoyment of the evening.
The audience in London were quietly appreciative, certainly respectful and polite.
Anna is incredibly shy, she never speaks much, even on her own headline shows. Her guitar and signing voice tend to do all the talking... :)

BB, my boy! Don't get testy! Did you enjoy 'Pointless'? Did you know any 'pointless' halls of Cambridge? Or would you have known more about Essex, for instance?
Shouldn't you be better capable of handling trolls like me? A touch more stoic? What would Sir John Mills do?

A philosophical question: What happens when trolls troll trolls? Or are you a troll trolling the troll who's trolling the troll?
Get back to talking about Morrissey. Any more chatter and self-congratulation will only earn you a swift swat on the buttocks from me.

I would hate to have to do it publicly. Oh, shall I? "I know so much more than I'm willing to say."
Expect us....

best,
Morrissey's #1 admirer

O Brother.....
a swift swat... hahahah ...... hehhhehhhhehaha. and son on

As a James Dean fan (and because he played the part of Cal Trask in East of Eden), I feel the need to clarify that that post was NOT made by me.

High five!

I must say that the earlier post to CG shows that realitybites actually is a lot more interesting than I thought. Cool. There's a certain form of insecurity that annoys me when I see it in people, probably because I see it in myself and, well, people hate people who suck like they themselves do.

Well, why didn't ACTON say "hello" to Julia? He recognized her and knew who she was. Perhaps ACTON is rude and/or snooty. LOL. One thing I noticed that Julia has in common with Moz is that they are good at recognizing faces. She said "hi" to me once years after I met her once. Me, on the other hand, I could see someone I have met in the past, but don't recognize them (and then I figure it out later.) Or I may recognize the face, but don't remember who it is (then figure it out later.) LOL. They must think I'm snooty, but oh well. LOL.

Because I'm not accustomed to talking to anyone across escalators.

I've walked by Moz a couple of times in Dublin ( in the 90's) and just nodded at him. What right have I to be getting in his face. Although in fairness I'm old enough now to have the guts to say hello to him if I saw him. However, people who gush to his face deserve to be drowned in shallow water.

I'vs been attending moz gigs for 20 or more years, seen him in nearly every venue in Dublin. This gig was my least favourite of them all. Poor set list, with almost all the new album, that you can't buy. And some of the more familiar songs mushed through the effects pedal grinder. Asleep was a highlight. There was only one winner tonight, Anna Calvi..now that was a set list and a performance to behold.

I am in the few songs from the new album, a few from The Smiths and mostly mid-solo catalog songs camp. The bold statement above cracks me up. It's funny because the last time I saw Morrissey was with the screeching KY. This time after seeing Anna's stuff on You Tube, I am hoping she makes it to the US.

Also, for all the talk about the new album he starts every show with classic Smiths/Solo stuff and ends with it (for the most part). I think that says a lot. This wasn't the case when he toured Quarry.

Expect us....

best,
Morrissey's #1 admirer

You might want to join forces with 'Surface' who is apparently a frightening Mancunian gangster when not sending pissy PMs.

best
BB

What t-shirts where the lawnmower parts made to wear ?
I have just bought a "f*** Wayne Newton" t-shirt -28%

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom