dublin 29th july,vicar!

So happy that I managed to get a ticket - I'm in Toronto, so that meant waking up at 3:45am to try my ticketmaster-luck and got one.
It does mean that I'm going to be traveling from northern Ireland down to Dublin, then back up north the next day.

I need some advice from my friendly Irish mates:

Does it make the most sense to take a train from ballymena to belfast, then take the enterprise train from Belfast to Dublin, then returning the same way the next morning?
I'm guessing traveling back up north after the show won't be a possibility as the last train seems to leave Dublin at 10:50pm and I doubt the show will end by then, or give me enough time to get to the train station.

Is there another way tha t will save me time - I'm hoping to be back in Cushendun before noon on Saturday (based on 7:35am train from Dublin to Belfast).

Any ideas?

I appreciate any help you could lend - this concert has just made my trip to Ireland even better.

No point because I would have been directed to ticketmaster's website if I tried to buy tickets via Aiken Promotions but thanks for trying to be helpful.

Didn't realise that? My wife booked the tickets this morning & I thought that I'd used Aiken Promotions when I was last at Vicar Street? Good luck with your quest.

PHEW!Just got tickets for saturday in Vicar Street, was unlucky for the Friday gig.
never seen my fingers move so fast on the keyboard before!
looks like they were all gone in a matter of seconds again

Snap! Same here lux girl :)
So happy. Missed out for the other one. Once again thank you so much sid james for letting me know about how to actually acquire a 'floor standing' ticket! You are a star.
Happy now :)

I got a ticket! Sitting but still a ticket is a ticket. Going on my lonesome.

Any suggestions of good place to stay on the Sat night, flighing in from sunny Manc for the gig and back on the sunday

If you're on a budget I've heard good things about this place from travelers I've met in Dublin http://www.fourcourtshostel.com/ I have never stayed there myself.

Any idea who is supporting in Vicar street?

I would love to see Morrissey on the 29th but only a couple of standing tickets remain. Unfortunately, ID is required. I am under eighteen years of age so it means standing is ruled out for me. Does anyone know where I can purchase two seated tickets?

I would love to see Morrissey on the 29th but only a couple of standing tickets remain. Unfortunately, ID is required. I am under eighteen years of age so it means standing is ruled out for me. Does anyone know where I can purchase two seated tickets?
I'm in the same boat as yourself unfortunatly :(

I have one seated ticket for sale in Block D of balcony.
PM me if interested.

needaticket.ie have tickets :( I really wanna go to this gig but don't wan't to be ripped off 30 or 40 quaid by people that have absoulutly no interest in going to the concert just their to make a quick buck :(
I don't suppose there would be any chance of them adding a third date ????

Last edited:
I had the most ambitious plan not to glance at the setlist before this date (provided that current Hop Farm plans fall through, as they inevitably will). I'm wondering how much longer I can hold out...

Back
Top Bottom