Dropkick Murphys

drunken goldfish

blah blah fishcakes
I saw The Departed the other day and really enjoyed the Dropkick Murphy's song "Shipping Up to Boston". I looked for their other songs and found their lyrics sometimes refer to things like skinheads and bombs, but it was hard to tell whether it was tongue in cheek or not. Is there anyone familiar with the band that can ease my mind about this? Because I really want to listen to them... :)

^^Thanks, but I'm starting to get more and more uneasy about this (which sucks because I really like their music so far). For instance the song Pipebomb On Lansdowne, or the fact their official site has link to skinhead sites (yes I know not all skinheads are racist) and bands called "Hatebreed" (whose new album is apparently called Supremacy :confused: ).

Poor baby, I remember I really liked the song "The Snow Fell" by a band called Rahowa (if I'd had broader general knowledge, that word would have told me something about their political beliefs). I thought it was a beautiful ballad. Well it was a ballad, about what a tragedy German defeat in the World War Two was :rolleyes: (and originally it was performed by Screwdriver)

Dropkick Murhpy's are OK, I saw them at Lowlands in 2005 and they werent too bad. They're just like The Pogues in my opinion.

Hatebreed are in no way a racist band, or anything of the type. Just a modern hardcore band, doing what they do.

If you want to learn more about Boston hardcore and the scene they have, theirs a DVD called Boston Beatdown that you'd probably be able to find online somewhere. A real honest eye opener in my opinion.

^^Bless you! :)
I've been listening to "Shipping Up To Boston" over and over and feel a little guilty every time, but now I won't :) .

the Dropkicks are in no way racist. Take this from someone who has known a couple of the guys for many many years.

I saw the Dropkick Murphys supporting Less Than Jake the other month. They're very good at what they do... but, well, it's not for me.

Back
Top Bottom