DRM-Free Morrissey MP3's, Now @ Amazon

Amazon just launched the beta version of their MP3 store, and unlike both Wal-Mart and ITunes (which never sold any of Morrissey's music DRM-Free), Amazon is carrying 84 Morrissey MP3's in its inventory.

A nice example of their offerings is the collection of live tracks from "The Youngest Was the Most Loved" single. Now, thanks to Amazon, I have them!

You can view all Amazon's Morrissey songs here. :)

A disclaimer says Amazon MP3 Downloads is open to U.S. residents only. :(

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
According to the newspaper, 'USA Today' on Wed. their tecks had no prob getting songs off amazon to their ipods. Everything went so smoothly.

Amazon just launched the beta version of their MP3 store, and unlike both Wal-Mart and ITunes (which never sold any of Morrissey's music DRM-Free), Amazon is carrying 84 Morrissey MP3's in its inventory.

A nice example of their offerings is the collection of live tracks from "The Youngest Was the Most Loved" single. Now, thanks to Amazon, I have them!

You can view all Amazon's Morrissey songs here. :)

A disclaimer says Amazon MP3 Downloads is open to U.S. residents only. :(

Or... you could just ask someone to send them to you instead of paying the exorbitant price of .99 per song. And they think that's a bargain???? I thought Amazon was supposed to be cheaper than the competition? Sigh...

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes stealing is much better than rightfully purchasing something (not)

Hey, if it was rightful for them to charge a dollar per song I would gladly purchase them. However, that's almost as much as paying for a CD - and at least with a CD, I get a hardcopy of all the music, plus the packaging and lyric sheet. And I can rip the songs to my hard drive and listen to them on my PC as well.

Or... you could just ask someone to send them to you instead of paying the exorbitant price of .99 per song. And they think that's a bargain???? I thought Amazon was supposed to be cheaper than the competition? Sigh...

.99 a song is exorbitant? I dunno, seems pretty cheap for a single track to me when you consider CD Maxi-Singles and CD EPs usually ran between $4-$7 when I was still actively buying hard media and a 7" was between $2 and $4

Hey, if it was rightful for them to charge a dollar per song I would gladly purchase them. However, that's almost as much as paying for a CD - and at least with a CD, I get a hardcopy of all the music, plus the packaging and lyric sheet. And I can rip the songs to my hard drive and listen to them on my PC as well.

dollar a pop seems fair enough

.99 a song is exorbitant? I dunno, seems pretty cheap for a single track to me when you consider CD Maxi-Singles and CD EPs usually ran between $4-$7 when I was still actively buying hard media and a 7" was between $2 and $4

Well, you have to figure that offering the songs online - without all the packaging inherent to CD releases - has got to be significantly cheaper than CD's, so the price should be significantly cheaper instead. We all know that we are ripped-off by CD prices as it is, so I would expect that a single song would be less than $.50, probably more like $.25.

dollar a pop seems fair enough

I guess some of us just aren't as rich as others... It's highway robbery to me. I buy all my CD's used because I can't even afford the regular prices.

I should clarify that - I buy all my non-Morrissey albums/singles used. Moz is always a first-day-of-release purchase, so it's always new.

I guess some of us just aren't as rich as others... It's highway robbery to me. I buy all my CD's used because I can't even afford the regular prices.

i generally buy used cd's as well , unless its something i just have to have on the day it comes out and usually its on sale for around 10 bucks , so its not too hard on the wallet

I think $3.98 for the four live songs from the "Youngest" CD single is a fair price, considering it has the same artwork as the one I already have. I wouldn't be gaining much, if anything, by having it physically. :)

Amazon kicks ass...i buy all my shit there for a lot less... i was so happy when they announced this. This is how it should be, not the bullshit you got from Apple. Amazon will be number one music download site within a year. i don't think they can reduce the price of their downloads all that much because the music companies are very very strict on pricing. Most of it goes to them. These companies (Apple, Amazon, Walmart, etc) use these download services to bring customers in...not to make a huge profit off of them.

Speaking of Apple... they released an update to their iphone that disables any phones not using AT&T service (the hacked phones)...all i want to say is, if Microsoft did this, people will be calling them evil and big brother...but Apple can still get away with it...people are such posers.

Back
Top Bottom