"Dreams Without Frontiers" exhibition in Manchester features two Smiths related artwork

Apologies in advance, I thought someone already reported this exhibition, but couldn't find a post / thread.

I went to Manchester Art Gallery yesterday, surprised to see two artwork which are inspired by The Smiths.

French artist Cyprien Gaillard's video The Smithsons featuring "Asleep" as soundtrack. Gaillard was inspired by Robert Smithson who started Land Art in 1967.

Gaillard's choice of music grabs your attention, the video is exploring visions of utopian architecture and the aftermath of its social and physical destruction.

Haunting serene image is complimented by the beautiful song.

American artist Kelley Walker's artwork Panic, he used 7 inch single sleeve of "Panic" and a piece of white label vinyl.

Exhibition runs until 1 May 2013.

http://www.manchestergalleries.org/whats-on/exhibitions/index.php?itemID=93

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "Dreams Without Frontiers" exhibition in Manchester features two Smiths

As posted on allyouneedismorrissey over a week ago!

Re: Article: "Dreams Without Frontiers" exhibition in Manchester features two Smiths

Quick to blaspheme, and over so little? And your an uncle!

"You're" - an abbreviation/contraction of "You are".

P.

Oh, and one more thing. Blasphemy is a joke. I may as well take offence at someone questioning my belief in small people stealing my keys.

Last edited:
Oh, and one more thing. It was meant to read "you and uncle"

Don't let that stop you though.

don't let your typo stop him from PWNING YOU HARD? Ok he won't x

I give up. Nothing I type of this tablet come out the way I intended.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom