Dreaming of Touching Your Arm - link to blog article posted on Morrissey Central

at last somebody writing a very positive piece where every fact can be checked.the media don't like good news because its almost throwaway,the media love 911,the media love the japan tsunami,the nedia love the caifornia fires because these stories will run for days and they have tv stations running 24 hours a day.

A thoroughly lovely and well-considered piece of writing. Neither adulation nor unfounded admonishment, the author does well by M. and his audience.

When I proposed marriage in 2002, M.'s reaction could only be described as honest and hilarious. I hadn't bought him dinner or even complemented him. Yet! In Albuquerque later on, he bowed while I shook his hand and bowed. I am - to M. - nobody, no matter how many concerts I may attend or merchandise I may buy. There's no reason for him to tour at this point. Or make records. Or even sell any merchandise. I feel like why he does is worse that capitalism and need and want because it's done out of love, hopeless, honest disagreeable, and true.

I’m going to sneak in another positive comment so we have 4 in a row before the negativity begins.

Beautifully written indeed.

The vanity of a singer/nephew to post such a thing of adulation on a official website

Lovely read, indeed! (excessive paragraph breaks and all)

I figure into another category of appreciation, as many of you do, as well. Having gladly waved goodbye to Catholicism at 12, I could never quite sort out the devout-- nor do I approach much, if anything, with such fervor. For me, Morrissey is one of a handful of people in my life that I value for his literary prowess, conviction, compassion, contradiction, and wit. However, as an introvert (shyness is nice), every time I see him, I simply enjoy his existence... from a polite distance.

It's well written but it's just fan writing, that can go along all the other fan writing,, in some respects.
Although I did enjoy this and I don't enjoy Moz blogs as a rule in fact the only other blog I've liked is the Operation Snide one earlier this year I think Moz actually used a paragraph of that in one of his statements or at least what he said a few weeks after the blog was posted was similar and he's never bothered to use those points before (can't be bothered to get link)

What let's this one down is its fawning, it's not as bad as some, in fact nowhere near as bad as some, but it's still so blinkered.
It's still a written word version of the pictures teens draw of their fave artist. The shame of it is Sam shares this stuff and only this stuff, making it all so redundant
At the time the music jurno said its mostly men throwing themselves on stage, it was true and she was speaking about the UK, mainly. Obviously there has always been women in the audience however for a while (and still now in some countries) its mostly men. I would say the gay component theory as talked of by Will Self is true, not for everyone but it's a factor

The writer talks as if morrissey has been on a sell out world tour generating 90s Era excitement, (in the 90s the press did over look his huge USA success, which was unfair) .The truth is Morrissry played FOUR dates in his supposed strong hold of SoCal, they were good gigs but let's be honest the Microsoft Theater was nowhere near sold out. Just five years ago it would have been over flowing. The tickets for Ventura were selling for less than sale price and it only held 1200 people morrissey went on TV and did a cover song that was butchered by Jesse and the radio studio gig was pretty flat in truth. Though Mozzers voice is still brilliant.
These are not high times in camp morrisssey, not by a long stretch. Although he is still brilliant and can put on a fine show its nothing like the sniths /90s solo stage of his career, which is to be expected he's now 59, still the fall is far and what's left is more workman like than magic. In fact what Moz generates now in terms of music and Fandom is pretty standard, in the past he really did have his own thing going on. The reason it's not covered these days is its not news, it's just like any other love any of other artist (almost)

By pretending we are living through a Moz golden phase isn't helping anyone, especially not Moz.

Sorry about any typos I'm at work

How sweet. Hugs and safe places to the lot of you.

There’s more to life than Moz you know. ...but not in yours.

The vanity of a singer/nephew to post such a thing of adulation on a official website

I'm thankful they posted it because otherwise I would have never had a chance to read it. Very well done indeed!

Criticises Will Self’s assertion that they wish to be cured by the kings touch and then lists people who confirm they do it for that very reason. Otherwise good.

Lovely heartfelt story. Nice to see some positivity. The 'fans' on this site who deride that article are just hateful good for nothing whingers. That person who wrote it is saying what a lot of fans think.

What a load of saccharine bollocks, totally ignoring the fact he's a racist arsehole these days.

Yaaawwnnnn...is that the time? Must turn in, big day tomorrow, I'm going off in search of Peter's missing personality. I will keep you all posted.

Twat.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom