Drag the River, Julie in the Weeds and Forgive Someone

D

DaggerDave

These 3 masterpieces were only deemed good enough for the deluxe issue of wpinoyb.

3 wonderful songs, in lyric, texture and sound. They give me a nostalgic yearning, a feeling of peace and tranquility, of comfort.

3 absolute gems that sneaked under the radar just for us.

Thanks Moz.

Yes, Julie in the Weeds, in particular, is an absolute beauty both musically and lyrically. Love the arrangement too. It's one of the few times in the solo years that Morrissey has released a song that's genuinely up there with the quality of The Smiths. Big congrats to Martin for composing the music.

I wish they, whomever, would just put world peace deluxe on Spotify already

Add One of Our Own, too.

Would he have written another 7-8 like this, we'd have a Vauxhall 2.

These 3 masterpieces were only deemed good enough for the deluxe issue of wpinoyb.

3 wonderful songs, in lyric, texture and sound. They give me a nostalgic yearning, a feeling of peace and tranquility, of comfort.

3 absolute gems that sneaked under the radar just for us.

Thanks Moz.

Add One of Our Own, too.

Would he have written another 7-8 like this, we'd have a Vauxhall 2.
Yeah agree re One Of Our Own too. World Peace deluxe as a whole is a great body of work although would have been great if all eighteen tracks were on one cd.

Given some of the boring filler crap on there, these 3 should definately have been on the main album. Morrissey's taste is sadly extremely suspect when it comes to his own work.

The deluxe edition does indeed have a lot going for it. Art-hounds being my personal favourite of the extra tracks.

It is indeed a shame that all 18 songs didn't fit on one CD, but I think if anyone used the radio edit of Istanbul and the easily available shortened version of I'm Not a Man, they ought to be able to burn their own.

Given some of the boring filler crap on there, these 3 should definately have been on the main album. Morrissey's taste is sadly extremely suspect when it comes to his own work.

I kinda thought these tracks were a little boring and been there done that subject wise. I liked Scandinavia the most maybe

Scandinavia was great, total drama, and Drag the River too. Forgive Someone had Smiths references which pleased most. But One of Our Own?

"Plug, rug, round, ground, blast, last". I'd agree there's no hope for tomorrow...

Absolutely love these three. Such a shame none have ever been done live! A pal of mine had a preshow chat with Jesse years ago (2015 iirc) and he told her that they’d played “Julie” in rehearsals, but it never made the setlist that year or later on.

forgive someone has always been a personal favourite of mine,world peace deluxe is quality.

Back
Top Bottom