Downloading Torrent files/buring to DVD

sweetness522

My one true love
Can anyone help? I've just downloaded a torrent and the files are .wmv files and I'm unable to burn them to a DVD using Nero. They play fine on the computer. Is there any way to convert them to the .ifo, .vob, or .bup files that Nero is asking for? THANKS!!

Can anyone help? I've just downloaded a torrent and the files are .wmv files and I'm unable to burn them to a DVD using Nero. They play fine on the computer. Is there any way to convert them to the .ifo, .vob, or .bup files that Nero is asking for? THANKS!!

Do you have Windows DVD Maker installed on your computer? That burns .wmv to DVD without any problem at all. It takes a while to burn the DVDs, but it's generally worth the wait. It came pre-installed on my laptop so I assume most laptops/PCs also have it.

Yes, I have it installed on my computer. Thank you so much for suggesting it! :)

If I were to use torrents for any reason I suppose I would use Vuze. I suppose I would want a Demonoid Account or I hear there is this place called the Pirate Bay. I hear that when you download and activate the torrents that the files come to you in a folder ready to go.

This is just what I hear.

I am curious, what does Vuse do that utorrent doesn't? I use utorrent and it downloads the files to a nice neat package on your hard drive, and you just have to burn it from there.

Last edited:
Did you use Windows DVD Maker? And, more importantly, did it work?
I also use uTorrent - simple and effective.

Yes, I used Windows DVD maker (for the 1st time), it worked like a charm, all thanks to you! It was a bit slow, but once you make one copy, the next goes faster.

Back
Top Bottom