• Speedway

Votes: 35 14.5%
  • I know it’s going to happen some day

Votes: 8 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tbevie

Girl afraid
First of all I’d like to thank you all for your song suggestions and involvement.

As I mentioned in the previous thread some of the song suggestions were 90s b-sides and unfortunately aren’t available for download. And the maximum poll amount is 15 so I had to narrow it down slightly. So I apologise if one of your choices isn’t on the list but hopefully you’ll find another one on the list that you love just as much.
Here’s the link to the previous thread
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=67088

Please vote and let’s make this happen

Thank you :)

Last edited:
If you want this to work, you'd have to get the main board involved as well as the mailing lists from the other Morrissey sites. You should also choose a week that isn't the same as someone else's campaign. How many downloads do you need to get Moz into the top 40. >5000?

If you want this to work, you'd have to get the main board involved as well as the mailing lists from the other Morrissey sites. You should also choose a week that isn't the same as someone else's campaign. How many downloads do you need to get Moz into the top 40. >5000?

This poll will run until Saturday. So when the song has been decided I'm going to put it up on the main board.

I'm also going to mention it and put a link up on the Morrissey based livejournals. To try to get as many people involved as possible.

If anyone can think of any other places worth trying please let me know.

I'm not sure about the number of downloads needed.

I have a question :confused:

This experiment is for the UK music charts but obviously Morrissey has fans all over the world and if they could get involved then that would help a lot.

I’m not too familiar with other download sites but on itunes you can select other country’s stores by clicking on the ‘my store’ section. I selected the American store and tried to download a song from there to see if it would work but unfortunately if your billing address doesn’t match the country then you can’t download from that store.

Does anyone know a way around this or know of any other download sits where it’s possible to do this?

Last edited:
I think this is agreat idea. I voted for 'national Front Disco', but it was a tough choice!!!

You could post a comment or something on his myspace or submit something to true to you.. but I am not sure how quick a response you would get there lol! I voted for pigsty somewhat unsurprisingly right? :p

What? You voted Pigsty? I would never have predicted that :p

Thanks for the advice, I'll try both of these :)

So is this for real?

Do we actually download the song that wins the poll?

I think its a classic idea, im willing to download it a few times, thats what I do when a new single is released anyway. It would be great if we pull this off!!

So is this for real?

Do we actually download the song that wins the poll?

I think its a classic idea, im willing to download it a few times, thats what I do when a new single is released anyway. It would be great if we pull this off!!

The poll ends on Saturday. I will submit this story and the name of the chosen song on the main board on Monday. I will ask everyone to download the song sometime that week.

I agree it will be amazing if we pull this off.

Thanks for your support :)

You could post a comment or something on his myspace or submit something to true to you.. but I am not sure how quick a response you would get there lol! I voted for pigsty somewhat unsurprisingly right? :p

Hi Karin, so I did a little bit of investigating in to the myspace thing and I realized that I don’t how it works :o

Do I have to be a member? Are you a member or a friend?

Where’s the best please to leave a comment?

You have to be one of "morrissey's myspace friends" to be able to leave a comment on his myspace page.

it usually takes a few days to be accepted because whoever runs it doesn't check it daily, so i would do a friend request now so that you have enough time to post a comment about the idea :)

You have to be one of "morrissey's myspace friends" to be able to leave a comment on his myspace page.

it usually takes a few days to be accepted because whoever runs it doesn't check it daily, so i would do a friend request now so that you have enough time to post a comment about the idea :)

Thanks for your advice. I’ve made a friend request.

But while I’m waiting, if anyone who is already one of ‘Morrissey myspace friends’, would be kind enough to mention this and put a link up, I’d be very grateful.

I'm already a friend, what would you like me to write?

If you just mention that we’re doing this downloading Experiment. We’re trying and get a Morrissey or Smiths song in to the top 40 and that we need as much fans as possible to get involved in order for it to work.

And mention that we’ve got a poll going on at the moment and add a link to this page.

That would be a great help, thanks a lot :)

If meat is murder wins we can probably count on the support of Peta websites, Vegetarian Society etc??

deffo worth an email to them both, teling them the week we intend doing it in, at the very least some of the staff that read the mail,may do it.

Back
Top Bottom