Dover, DE - Firefly Music Festival (June 19, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / First Of The Gang To Die / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Alma Matters / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / Staircase At The University / The Bullfighter Dies / You Have Killed Me / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Meat Is Murder / What She Said

setlist provided by setlist.fm, correction by an anonymous person

Last edited:
In 10 years we will be wishing he would play. I can't see Moz doing concerts forever. He's not Superman.

Very True. I hope he atleast keeps recording though.

Slightly off topic, but interesting/funny to me:

The past posts about too much new material being played got me thinking.

The material Morrissey played at '90's gigs were songs from his latest albums Viva Hate, Kill Uncle, Arsenal, Vauxhall, Maladjusted and Soythpaw and had never been heard. I wonder if folks at those shows(my first was 97) were wanting/hoping for more Smiths tunes and didn't care for the new solo stuff.

Its funny to me because now those albums are what some/most? of us wish to hear( btw I am a HUGH fan of Quarry, YOR and WPINOYB), and consider seminal tracks.

In 10 years will we all be wishing he would play his "old" material from WPINOYB? :)

Just a breezy thought that rolled in my mind whilst walking the dogs. Not sure if it makes sense or is amusing...

I have a suspicion that a substantial portion of those complaining about the set lists are causal fans at best and anything that is not Suedehead or How Soon Is Now? is a new song.

I see this in a different way. Yes - I agree, playing the video to the crowd was a risk. But as a man, he's used to getting his own way, he conducts interviews by e-mail, never does live interviews anymore, and the reason for that is because he likes to have control. In a situation like this, where the crownd haven't all paid just to see him, and they start rebelling against what they're seeing and hearing - it's just not something he's used to experiencing - he's used to having control and when he doesn't, he doesn't know how to respond to being challenged in an immediate, as-it-happens scenario. So he does this. That's how I see it.

Then there's actually how it is.

does anybody know who that guy with the shaved head and very fitted pants and shirt who stands at either side of stage? yes, i know a bodyguard; but his name or anything else about him?
so hot. seen him in a few pix while Moz is stepping into a car, but seriously; too hot.

"Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before" came third in the set. Great show by Morrissey and the band.

Some videos but no Meat Is Murder. Would love to see that one, actually (never thought that I would ever say that, lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
there was hardly anyone watching moz. poor sod. people were chanting kfc and booing. a few years ago he would have cancelled but nowadays i guess he cant afford it.

Has Morrissey ever been less received than this? Even the Morrissey road crew (not local) looks pissed. I guess this would be the perfect opportunity for a life long fan who could never get close to the stage to have their perfect opportunity, but who the hell wants to fly to Do Ver DE, wherever that is. Anonymous-

Rejection is one thing but rejection from a meat festival is so funny !
" would you like us to go ? " asked cheese fed Steven pacing the stage awkwardly,
K F C chants came the answer from the handful of people who had taken their positions for the big name acts to follow. I should imagine Damon had his work cut out trying to calm his other half down after this reality check.
This is what happens when you are a CrankFraud ! Jeeees ! He'll be performing in Canada next !
This idiot has been eating cheese for thirty three years and is due to perform at another " Not animal friendly " festival very soon.
There really needs to be some clarity as to what is going on from this idiots camp.
Are we meat free or not ?
Are we vegan or vegetarian?
Are we animal friendly or not ?
Who was responsible for booking this disaster ?
Will Silly Steven perform at the not animal friendly F Y F Festival ?
Should we really take this lazy CrankFraud seriously ?
What has he ever done for animals apart from bore us to death with his age old song and it's trolling vt footage, and the odd backhander of cash ?

This bloke is a 4kin laughing stock !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I think the band did a fine job on What She Said... all the clips from Firefly actually sound pretty good to me. It would have been worth the price of admission for the entire festival to get that up close to Morrissey live. Decent set list, too. Kudos to Moz for sticking it out. Had to be hard to perform with the smell of cooking sausages wafting up from below and a contingent of people trying to diminish your appearance (KFC chant attempts- small crowd.) He's walked off for less- this was very professional of him.

I wanted to see MIM. These reactions are so sad. How can anybody be so indifferent? It is beyond me. And you can clearly see Moz' disappointment in his body language and in the way he emphasizes on "do you care?".

Last edited by a moderator:
Dover Delaware might as well be Mobile Alabama. It's very rural and Morrissey's fanbase has always been more cosmopolitan. Combine that with the fact that a lot of these kids were not even born yet when Viva Hate was released and the lukewarm reaction is not that surprising.

Brilliant, he used this festival to convert people to veganism. I wondered why he played Meat is Murder. It takes a lot of nerve to play that song who twenty somethings are looking for hip hop songs. Everytime , he gives me even more reason to admire him.

Morrissey has not made any public statement confirming he is now Vegan after 33 years as a public Cheesetarian-Corpsetarian Crank-Fraud, singing 'Meat Is Murder', berating others for killing cows when he's done EXACTLY the same thing but is so stupid that he thinks a time delay from having milk stolen to being turned into dog food exonerated him of his #MorrisseyCrimesAgainstCows.

It would be awesome if true, but the tweeter is referring to Matt Walker's knocking over his drum kit at the end of the show. No video but there is a review here which mentions it:

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/paul-mccartney-dedicates-beatles-ballad-to-charleston-victims/

Choosing a different path than the crowd-pleasing McCartney, Morrissey was characteristically unflinching in confronting the audience with his views.

Showing solidarity with the burgeoning US protest movement against alleged police brutality, Morrissey sang underneath a video montage of officers roughing up citizens — including the notorious 1991 beating of Los Angeles motorist Rodney King.

“They say, ‘To protect and to serve’ / But what they really mean is / Get back to the ghetto,” Morrissey sang as he brought out his relatively obscure song “Gangland.”

But Morrissey faced the most emotive response as he showed grotesque images of the slaughter of animals, most writhing in pain, for “Meat is Murder,” the title track of his former band The Smiths’ cult classic 1985 album.

The video was presumably kept from a previous concert in Tel Aviv as it was subtitled in Hebrew and highlighted Israeli slaughterhouses.

Such videos are a mainstay of concerts by Morrissey, a staunch vegan. But the footage was clearly not anticipated by much of the Firefly audience, which was strikingly small for a Morrissey show and dominated by half-attentive revelers.

Several young men held up their middle fingers and chanted “KFC!”, in response to Morrissey’s denunciation of the fast food chain, although the jeerers were drowned out by applause.

Morrissey generally insists that his venues go vegetarian, with New York’s Madison Square Garden complying for his June 27 concert, but Firefly was meat-heavy with the closest food stands to his stage including “Cheesy Pig” and “Sausage Haus.”

Morrissey ended with the hard-charging Smiths track “What She Said,” delivering an intense version reminiscent of the performance on the former band’s live album “Rank,” with drummer Matt Walker concluding at Firefly by trashing his kit.

Morrissey is NOT a staunch Vegan and never has been, but he likes to fool the gormless and clueless to think he is. Our avatar comes from the Israeli organisation 'Anonymous For Animals'. He has no reason or right to use their footage, but again, he likes people to think he's an actual crusader for animal freedom like Gary Yourofsky. Yet he never invited Gary to share his Keys to the City celebrations or invited him onstage in Tel Aviv to spread his message wider and deeper into Israeli society.

Morrissey has spent 33 years as a Cheezy Cow Murderer and, no doubt, has also worn suede....because Elvis did....*rollseyes*

f*** Morrissey. Put him on trial for crimes against cows and against protest culture. He is a fraud and a liar, unless and until he confesses and begs forgiveness from the animals. In public. Onstage, whilst singing 'Milk Is Murder'. Or he faces judgement day when we unleash #VegAnarchyInTheUK

I think the band did a fine job on What She Said... all the clips from Firefly actually sound pretty good to me. It would have been worth the price of admission for the entire festival to get that up close to Morrissey live. Decent set list, too. Kudos to Moz for sticking it out. Had to be hard to perform with the smell of cooking sausages wafting up from below and a contingent of people trying to diminish your appearance (KFC chant attempts- small crowd.) He's walked off for less- this was very professional of him.

Any worse than the smell of Cheezy Paninis? Which he was selling at his recent UK Arena shows? He is an opportunist exhibitionist Corpsetarian liar and Crank-Fraud. f*** Morrissey. #MorrisseyIsMurder #MorrisseyCrimesAgainstCows

Rejection is one thing but rejection from a meat festival is so funny !
" would you like us to go ? " asked cheese fed Steven pacing the stage awkwardly,
K F C chants came the answer from the handful of people who had taken their positions for the big name acts to follow. I should imagine Damon had his work cut out trying to calm his other half down after this reality check.
This is what happens when you are a CrankFraud ! Jeeees ! He'll be performing in Canada next !
This idiot has been eating cheese for thirty three years and is due to perform at another " Not animal friendly " festival very soon.
There really needs to be some clarity as to what is going on from this idiots camp.
Are we meat free or not ?
Are we vegan or vegetarian?
Are we animal friendly or not ?
Who was responsible for booking this disaster ?
Will Silly Steven perform at the not animal friendly F Y F Festival ?
Should we really take this lazy CrankFraud seriously ?
What has he ever done for animals apart from bore us to death with his age old song and it's trolling vt footage, and the odd backhander of cash ?

This bloke is a 4kin laughing stock !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Once again, Benny nails it. His comments are even funnier than watching a Benny Hill episode, they reduce Morrissey to the sad clown he is. Clowns can have dignity. Morrissey can save himself if he confesses his crimes and begs forgiveness from the Bovine Consciousness that wails in despair at his betrayals to date. Or....he can expect judgement day with #VegAnarchyInTheUK and #WelcomeToTheGardenOfVegEireann, etc. It's his choice. The Tears Of A Clown? How could anybody not be a life-long depressive when they are living a lie on such an obvious level? Cognitive dissonance isn't even the half of it.

best
~the ghost of BrummieBoy
hungover in Copenhagen

- - - Updated - - -

I wanted to see MIM. These reactions are so sad. How can anybody be so indifferent? It is beyond me. And you can clearly see Moz' disappointment in his body language and in the way he emphasizes on "do you care?".

For over 30 years Morrissey sang this song whilst eating cheese, thus sentencing cows to rape, torture and death. He clearly didn't care. He also put his pleasure in wearing leather shoes above their endless torments. He is a liar and a fraud. If he wishes to contest this, he can sue me/her/us/them for exposing his as 'posing as Veganite'. Does anyone really imagine he'd have the bollocks to do so? He picks his targets carefully, he would be entirely foolish to take on the Estate Of BrummmieBoy, but you never know. In his death-spiral into career and reputational oblivion he might try one last throw of the dice to avoid his Legacy being ridicule for being exposed as a fraud. Then the fun would really start..... Patti Smith.....Birmingham Odeon....The Sex Pistols.....Bogarts....... LOL!

best
~The Ghost Of BrummieBoy
in Copenhagen, after a weekend in Jutland with 'The Fifth Beatle'......

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom