Dover, DE - Firefly Music Festival (June 19, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / First Of The Gang To Die / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Alma Matters / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / Staircase At The University / The Bullfighter Dies / You Have Killed Me / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Meat Is Murder / What She Said

setlist provided by setlist.fm, correction by an anonymous person

Last edited:
15 seconds of Stop Me:

Taylor Shields ‏@SoISaysToMable · 15 minutes ago
Morrissey just picked up the bass drum, threw it across stage and into the crowd, and then walked off. Everything is amazing. #Firefly2015

.WAY. ‏@Sam_Sailaway · 21 minutes ago
Everyone in the crowd is confused and scared and there's opera and videos of animal slaughterhouses and Morrissey is just chillin.

Ryan Stetz ‏@Stetzosonic · 23 minutes ago
I didn't realize how much I hated people until I saw someone start a "KFC" chant and throw beef jerky while Morrissey sang "Meat is Murder."

arya stark ‏@Df1nk · 28 minutes ago
Morrissey just got hella f***in vegan on all ya asses, didn't see it comin YAS boo

Ryan Connelly ‏@Im_tRYAN · 29 minutes ago
110% sure I will never see a weirder live performance than the one I just saw from Morrissey #Firefly2015

Richard Sommerfield ‏@Itzsommer · 31 minutes ago
f*** you Morrissey, don't make your audience watch animals being slaughtered. Sick bitch... #firefly2015

Cryin Bruise ‏@Cruice_Ship · 35 minutes ago
Morrissey playing Meat is Murder to the festival crowd is amazing beyond words

YUNG WIDOW ‏@laconicgrrrl · 35 minutes ago
Going vegan after Morrissey's set at #Firefly2015...

Jeff Brown ‏@DOPOJeff · 40 minutes ago  Delaware, USA
About 45 minutes into his set, Morrissey asked, Do you want us to go? The crowd roared NO!!

Brandon Weigel ‏@brandon_weigel · 41 minutes ago
Morrissey to I guess what he thought was an indifferent crowd, "Would you like us to go?" Then he shrugged.

Penny ‏@Antfan · 4 minutes ago
My point is - in case some people missed it - is that Paul McCartney is one of the world's most well known vegetarians... #Morrissey

E.J. ‏@EJ_Blair · 2 minutes ago
Morrissey played this one song that turned my stomach and it was the coolest feeling in the worldddd.

Manuel Dunn ‏@ginormousthumbs · 2 minutes ago
Dear Morrissey, You are awesome. Delaware not so much! #suckitdelaware #Firefly2015

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why I'm not sure I could ever enjoy going to festivals. The crowds are just too eclectic and it can come off as lukewarm if you're not the main headliner.

Brilliant, he used this festival to convert people to veganism. I wondered why he played Meat is Murder. It takes a lot of nerve to play that song who twenty somethings are looking for hip hop songs. Everytime , he gives me even more reason to admire him.

Ugh. Told you I was worried about this festival. Poor Moz. He sounded great in all the clips I heard and then I think he started to phone it in because the audience was flat...and chanting KFC. No word of shirt toss or encore. Hope he's on the bus to Philly right now, getting away from Slower-Lower Delaware and he puts it behind him for tomorrow night.

lol you could so see something like this coming

Love those tweets: "confused and scared and there's opera and videos of animal slaughter houses..." still indie after all these years.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow night.

A stranger in a strange land. It looked sparse out there. Who plays at a festival in Delaware? I remember Lalapalooza when Patti Smith played a surprise set and everyone ran like mad away from the main stage at Randall's Island as Cypress Hill looked out and puzzled a WTF look at the sparse crowd.

The City of Brotherly Love! As Moz screamed after Elcka's opening assault on the Southpaw tour in Philly back on the Maladjusted tour. The day he signed my arm and had it tattooed. Bring it on you jealous punk bastards!

- - - Updated - - -

:straightface:

This is why I'm not sure I could ever enjoy going to festivals. The crowds are just too eclectic and it can come off as lukewarm if you're not the main headliner.
Quite agree.
Having just seen him in Birmingham, UK sing 'K.... F.... C is murder' during MIM and get cheered -
I guess this is the other end of the spectrum.
I would like to think any artist's views expressed through song/music would be slightly known about by people remotely interested in a music festival - so shouldn't be that shocking.
Plus you can always walk away in that environment rather than goad an artist or just do the 'entitled critic because you grace the place with your attendance, so will chant' nonsense.
I assume if Moz sung about love, peace and harmony with a video to match: that mentality would start chanting 'guns, guns' or recite the second ammendment over his singing?
Oh well, onwards and very much upwards (up the IQ scale at least by the sounds of it).
Regards,
FWD

i read from a moz fan on tumblr that she was basically one of the few Morrissey fans in that place and that there were thousands of Macca fans :/

hopefully he will appreciate a more receptive crowd tonight in Philly....my son (at his first concert) is hoping for at least one stage invasion. Can't recall if there was any last go round at the Academy.

if u go on Instagram and check out the people at this festival it is the biggest group of Dbags in the tri state area with no real knowledge of music. any person in philly who knows anything about music would not attend what appears to be a Penn State Frat party. Philly will treat you right, Moz! Don't flake on us tonight!

Is this the full set?

Alma Matters confirmed?

Suedehead
First of the Gang to Die
Alma Matters
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
(The Smiths song)
Meat Is Murder

I see this in a different way. Yes - I agree, playing the video to the crowd was a risk. But as a man, he's used to getting his own way, he conducts interviews by e-mail, never does live interviews anymore, and the reason for that is because he likes to have control. In a situation like this, where the crownd haven't all paid just to see him, and they start rebelling against what they're seeing and hearing - it's just not something he's used to experiencing - he's used to having control and when he doesn't, he doesn't know how to respond to being challenged in an immediate, as-it-happens scenario. So he does this. That's how I see it.

I see this in a different way. Yes - I agree, playing the video to the crowd was a risk. But as a man, he's used to getting his own way, he conducts interviews by e-mail, never does live interviews anymore, and the reason for that is because he likes to have control. In a situation like this, where the crownd haven't all paid just to see him, and they start rebelling against what they're seeing and hearing - it's just not something he's used to experiencing - he's used to having control and when he doesn't, he doesn't know how to respond to being challenged in an immediate, as-it-happens scenario. So he does this. That's how I see it.

That sounds rather accurate actually.

Sounds like it was a fantastic festival show. Why does he bother? Are they really that well paid?

The thoughts of going to a festival where some wags start chanting the name of a certain fastfood chicken chain.... thats soooooooo funny.

And again you say "It's all about control". And you don't even say "I think". For you you it's given why Moz does this and that. But how can it be? You don't know him. You ignore the most logical and obvious explanations just in order to put Moz down (again) and to feel important. He gave tons of interviews in his life, much more than many others. He had to endure the most nonsensical crap from interviewers. He has every right to step back now and be done with it. Apart from that the act of walking on a stage is in itself the opposite of control because you NEVER know what will happen, even among your fans (as we have witnessed many times in the past). And again, everyone who thinks it's challenging to shout KFC during MIM. Really? Maybe you do it yourself at MSG when you admire that so much.

yup!!! :(

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom