Dover, DE - Firefly Music Festival (June 19, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / First Of The Gang To Die / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Alma Matters / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / Staircase At The University / The Bullfighter Dies / You Have Killed Me / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Meat Is Murder / What She Said

setlist provided by setlist.fm, correction by an anonymous person

Last edited:
Suedehead
First of the Gang to Die
Alma Matters
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
Ganglord
Kiss Me a Lot
World Peace Is None of Your Business
The Bullfighter Dies
Speedway
Staircase at the University
The World Is Full of Crashing Bores
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Meat Is Murder
What She Said

Plus You have killed me

Ok, please explain why you spend your time on a site dedicated to a person that your clearly not a fan of anymore.
It is very perculiar behavior. There surely must be something else you can spend your time on. You just come across as a pointless troll. Your picture indicates your old enough to know better. This is such child like behaviour.

lmao some Moz fans are so butthurt over this omg!! get over it!

lmao some Moz fans are so butthurt over this omg!! get over it!

Really!? I'm too grown up to feel hurt by trolls, I'm an adult who behaves like an adult. Merely questioning the point of anyone persistently spending time on a site that is dedicated to someone that they don't like.
Now maybe you should think about growing up also?

His new song, "I'm So Sorry" is missing from the setlist :lbf:
]

Reminds me of those old CD imports of live shows. Where all the song titles were either the opening line or the verse :)

Off topic..vinyl bootlegs would not only have wrong song titles but different band names to hide the fact that they are bootlegs. My brother has a vinyl bootleg of The Police using the band name Interpol. A Interpol junkie I dated bought the same one on ebay and was like, wtf this is The Police :lbf:
Reminds me of those old CD imports of live shows. Where all the song titles were either the opening line or the verse :)

Taylor Shields ‏@SoISaysToMable · 15 minutes ago
Morrissey just picked up the bass drum, threw it across stage and into the crowd, and then walked off. Everything is amazing. #Firefly2015

So wait, did this actually happen, or was this person exaggerating? Is there any video/images of this?

So wait, did this actually happen, or was this person exaggerating? Is there any video/images of this?

It would be awesome if true, but the tweeter is referring to Matt Walker's knocking over his drum kit at the end of the show. No video but there is a review here which mentions it:

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/paul-mccartney-dedicates-beatles-ballad-to-charleston-victims/

Choosing a different path than the crowd-pleasing McCartney, Morrissey was characteristically unflinching in confronting the audience with his views.

Showing solidarity with the burgeoning US protest movement against alleged police brutality, Morrissey sang underneath a video montage of officers roughing up citizens — including the notorious 1991 beating of Los Angeles motorist Rodney King.

“They say, ‘To protect and to serve’ / But what they really mean is / Get back to the ghetto,” Morrissey sang as he brought out his relatively obscure song “Gangland.”

But Morrissey faced the most emotive response as he showed grotesque images of the slaughter of animals, most writhing in pain, for “Meat is Murder,” the title track of his former band The Smiths’ cult classic 1985 album.

The video was presumably kept from a previous concert in Tel Aviv as it was subtitled in Hebrew and highlighted Israeli slaughterhouses.

Such videos are a mainstay of concerts by Morrissey, a staunch vegan. But the footage was clearly not anticipated by much of the Firefly audience, which was strikingly small for a Morrissey show and dominated by half-attentive revelers.

Several young men held up their middle fingers and chanted “KFC!”, in response to Morrissey’s denunciation of the fast food chain, although the jeerers were drowned out by applause.

Morrissey generally insists that his venues go vegetarian, with New York’s Madison Square Garden complying for his June 27 concert, but Firefly was meat-heavy with the closest food stands to his stage including “Cheesy Pig” and “Sausage Haus.”

Morrissey ended with the hard-charging Smiths track “What She Said,” delivering an intense version reminiscent of the performance on the former band’s live album “Rank,” with drummer Matt Walker concluding at Firefly by trashing his kit.

Slightly off topic, but interesting/funny to me:

The past posts about too much new material being played got me thinking.

The material Morrissey played at '90's gigs were songs from his latest albums Viva Hate, Kill Uncle, Arsenal, Vauxhall, Maladjusted and Soythpaw and had never been heard. I wonder if folks at those shows(my first was 97) were wanting/hoping for more Smiths tunes and didn't care for the new solo stuff.

Its funny to me because now those albums are what some/most? of us wish to hear( btw I am a HUGH fan of Quarry, YOR and WPINOYB), and consider seminal tracks.

In 10 years will we all be wishing he would play his "old" material from WPINOYB? :)

Just a breezy thought that rolled in my mind whilst walking the dogs. Not sure if it makes sense or is amusing...

Slightly off topic, but interesting/funny to me:

The past posts about too much new material being played got me thinking

In 10 years will we all be wishing he would play his "old" material from WPINOYB? :)

In 10 years we will be wishing he would play. I can't see Moz doing concerts forever. He's not Superman.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom