Don't play with bonfires, here come the Suede

Dirk Blaggard

Dearest Pop pickers.
Its true it would be brilliant to hear M's lp. His voice is still number one, at least to me. Until, then the best lp of the year has just be announced for September
You guessed it, Suede are back, with a new lp, with a brilliant cover.
The lp is called Autofiction. There first single from it is called She Still Leads Me

HAHA... was just about to post this... the new song is quite good!

Suede return with their ninth studio album Autofiction. As Suede began work on the songs that would become Autofiction, they decided to go back to basics. In a move that recalled their most formative days, Brett Anderson, Mat Osman, Simon Gilbert, Richard Oakes and Neil Codling schlepped to a rehearsal studio in deserted Kings Cross to collect a key, hump their own gear, set up and start playing.

Speaking about it, Brett Anderson said: "Autofiction is our punk record. No whistles and bells. Just the five of us in a room with all the glitches and f***-ups revealed; the band themselves exposed in all their primal mess." First single ‘She Still Leads Me On’ is the track that reconfigured what the album could be. A beautiful song written from Brett to his late mother. As its title suggests, Autofiction is one of Anderson’s most personal records yet. Reflecting on the process of writing acclaimed works of memoir Coal Black Mornings and Afternoons With The Blinds Drawn helped Brett get a newfound perspective on himself as a performer and singer in the public eye, much of which has bled into the lyricism of Autofiction.

Last edited:
1653355552579.gif

Wow, no one had any idea Suede was releasing a new album, since it was only announced 2 years ago :rolleyes:
I am sure with your pretend insider status you are able to call this the best album of the year since Brett Anderson personally invited you over to his British home to listen to it.
Tour dates

I was there last night, brilliant gig and great new song. :)

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

And yes, this last one really is me trying my best to finally strangle Brett. Lol

The new song...

And an old beauty...

I quite like the new song. Brett and the lads can write a good indie rock single when needed. Fair play.

Suede are providing a masterclass in aging well as a band, physically and musically. Happy days again since Bloodsports!

Neil Coldring is back 😖😖😖😖
Or what ever his name is.
The very worst of the fantastic Suede band....

The new single sounds a bit generic indie rock, a bit workmanlike. The melody isn’t really special enough, and the lyrics are fairly clunky. Loved the last album, which I thought was the best thing they’d done since Dog Man Star days, so hopefully there’s better things to come...

Brett, is a deep finger and quiet loyal to those whom artistically have been an influence
Suede are providing a masterclass in aging well as a band, physically and musically. Happy days again since Bloodsports!
They are
Solo career wise. Brett was a bit of a failure but he got the band together, after Tears. and since then, they are paving the way on how to age well in the music industry - although, Bowie and Ferry had pointed the way before.
The difference between Brett and others I could mention, is Brett still believes in the music and the word , not just singing. He remembers the importance of the art of cover art
Also, Just look at Brett perform. He loves it, he knows how lucky he is to be doing something he loves. He enjoys being live and he gives it his all.
M is someone I have a lot of love for, but look at how Brett moves and performs in his mid 50s. He has more gusto that M did in his late 30s
Also,Brett is a true master in giving America the two fingers- He learned well from Smiths days M.
While others simplified their art to appeal to those who struggle with the English language, Brett (like M in the smiths) doesn't really care, hes happy to sell to venues in the UK and Europe. He really couldn't care less about America - apart from for the odd holiday

I listened to the new song a few times, I don't like it.
British men are very strange about their mums and their cats, it's like they never grow up.

Blimey! That is quite something. Brilliant.

Incredible live band.

A punk sounding Suede album sounds like my idea of heaven, I can't wait to hear it.

Definitely a brilliant live band and Dog Man Star is one of my favourite albums of all time.

Back
Top Bottom