Don't Look Up - Netflix

A

Anonymous

Watching Don't Look Up on Netflix, and this film beautifully captures the world we live in.

Has anyone seen this film yet?

Spoilers

Talentless f***ing nobodies, daytime tv, social media, mobile devices and a useless as f*** president, are more important than a mass extinction event. I mean, somehow, we lived through the Drumpf presidency. This film is epic!

Something about it just makes me keep scrolling past. I usually don't watch the big hype things like Tiger King or that one everyone was talking about last month, name escapes me right now. Maybe I will watch this but I just... I don't want to.

Something about it just makes me keep scrolling past. I usually don't watch the big hype things like Tiger King or that one everyone was talking about last month, name escapes me right now. Maybe I will watch this but I just... I don't want to.

Don't Look Up is the best satirical film on Netflix. You have to f***ing watch it. Ignore hype/your phone/other devices.

id watch it if netflix wasnt blurry on my computer!!! id watch it alllllll even that one that dave is wetting his pants about.

So I did watch this. It was entertaining. I have some reservations about it because it seems to be aimed at an audience that isn't particularly cynical. I mean, that whole thing is a cynical sort of comedy that seems to want to cause people to be "woke" but it was somewhat formulaic. It was obvious who the "Don't Look Up" people were but I did like the anti-billionaire part of their agenda.
I guess it's just that if you have any interest in who really controls the media and the government the ideas shown here would not be new.
But some of it worked. And if you look at it like a dark comedy it's not bad. I would have liked it to be much darker and more cynical.
It's worth watching. It's entertaining. Some parts do connect. I didn't think it was great and I don't think it will change anyone. I think it was more there to support people's ideas that would already agree with it and that there wasn't much new but the cast is very good and the production values are great.

Back
Top Bottom