Don't Buy While Seals Die: Boycott Canadian Seafood.

seekastar

seal.jpg

http://www.hsus.org/web-files/PDF/pocket_guide_to_boycotting_canadian_seafood.pdf

You've shown yourself up there, if you look carefully at the seals mouth you can see that it's shouting abuse at the man and threatening to bite him. He's clubbing it in self defense and you're just peddling racist propaganda against the Canadians.....

and it called his mum a bitch.

You've shown yourself up there, if you look carefully at the seals mouth you can see that it's shouting abuse at the man and threatening to bite him. He's clubbing it in self defense and you're just peddling racist propaganda against the Canadians.....

and it called his mum a bitch.

where the hell have you been? It's so shameful of me, but I like you. :p

Funnily enough, I don't find anything funny about this.
It's a bloody outrage!

Take a look at the video evidence at this link and tell me if you find anything to laugh about:

http://www.hsus.org/protect_seals.html

Be outraged.

I was talking about Chareth's response, which is satire, black comedy; this is something he is known for on this board. We've already been over this boycott numerous times when Morrissey first issued his statement. To read those threads, feel free to avail yourself of the search function in the toolbar above.

Well humour isn't always entirely appropriate is it?
It's difficult enough asking people to care about things like this without having your efforts negated by bad jokes.

Well humour isn't always entirely appropriate is it?
It's difficult enough asking people to care about things like this without having your efforts negated by bad jokes.

But you are asking people on a Morrissey board to care, and everyone here knows that Morrissey fans tend to be well informed on animal rights issues already. Preaching to the choir is great if you are seeking plaudits, but if you really want to change the situation the seals face you need to go farther afield. I support you.

By the way, I'm a vegan so I object to the term "seafood" which appears in the title of this thread. Creatures are not food.

No creatures aren't food. Nor are they hats, coats, gloves.

And I assure you that I do go farther afield wth my 'protests', as I'm sure plenty of other people do on here. But you do begin to wonder if you might as well be pissing in the wind, for all the lack of political will demonstrated about any of these issues!

Just to clarify, I don't really give a rats ass about the seals.

I'm sure it's quite unpleasant and everything, but 1, there are other things going on in the world that I'm more concerned about and 2, I (and I'm guessing you) don't know enough about the economic or ecological impacts of culling or not culling seals in Canada to make a sensible measured judgement.

No creatures aren't food. Nor are they hats, coats, gloves.

And I assure you that I do go farther afield wth my 'protests', as I'm sure plenty of other people do on here. But you do begin to wonder if you might as well be pissing in the wind, for all the lack of political will demonstrated about any of these issues!

oh get a life you sad bitch/

Back
Top Bottom