Doncaster - The Dome (Sep. 30, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Knockabout World / First Of The Gang To Die / Have-A-Go Merchant / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / I Am Veronica / Rebels Without Applause / Frankly, Mr. Shankly / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Never Had No One Ever / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / The Loop / Jack The Ripper // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of 'Jim Jim Falls'.

Last edited:
Yeah, that was early on in the song...then he played around with a ciggie for a while and threw that in as well.

Hope you had a good old night. We were middle front and it was an excellent atmosphere...reminded me of the old days.
Yes we had a fantastic night.
To be honest it felt as tho the crowd were 5k strong.
And yes these gigs do very much feel like the olde days.
Mozz has put so much energy, and movement back into his set of late,
And this is the difference I think.

Well three performances in and it’s very clear that this is a tin-pot-shell-out-smash and grab tour.
A smoke machine, a few lights and three projectors!!!
A merch stall bigger than Camden Market flogging so much cheap tat at way over the odds. A signature @ £250 !!!!
Despite the hero worship on here trust me this man is flat on his arse at this stage of his career. The new songs are dreadful and the new gimmick song has failed at the first hurdle.
There is one thing to note that has been a life saver for Steven and it’s one of the cutest moves he’s made ! The return of Alain Whyte.
Boorer has gone for good reason and his lips are sealed now £££££££
Such a shame Alain was so desperate really but never mind.

Anyway SHAME on the recording industry I say ! Just look at them all kicking seven bells of shit out of each other trying to sign this wonderful performer to their labels.

Make no mistake my dears this is all about Alain and how he plays the old tunes
keeping Steven’s head above the gravy.

Lets hope the COVID doesn’t get Steve and enjoy the rest of the tour everyone.

Benny 🇬🇧 :knife:X
Now then Benny! Just remind us all on here, which Mozz show you said you will be attending?

Now if you get to the front of the stage Benny, just remember to hoist your
Bananarama greatest hits LP up very high, so that our man can sign it for you 😉

I will be looking forward to your
Review on here.

Little man, what now.

Enjoy the show son 😘

The very gentle crooner in the dinner suit, black and white pictures, can anyone help me with the artist and song? Circa mid way through the pre-film. Thank you!

Now then Benny! Just remind us all on here, which Mozz show you said you will be attending?

Now if you get to the front of the stage Benny, just remember to hoist your
Bananarama greatest hits LP up very high, so that our man can sign it for you 😉

I will be looking forward to your
Review on here.

Little man, what now.

Enjoy the show son 😘
I'm glad someone took time to respond to Benjaminge...he's desperate for a bit of attention. Poor lamb.

I'm glad someone took time to respond to Benjaminge...he's desperate for a bit of attention. Poor lamb.
Well, to be fair I’m all he’s got left on here😇

I really dislike it when we see people fall from high Grace, like Benny.
Don’t mention Lamb....
He’ll bone you out and tie you like a piece of meat 😬

Well, to be fair I’m all he’s got left on here😇

I really dislike it when we see people fall from high Grace, like Benny.
Don’t mention Lamb....
He’ll bone you out and tie you like a piece of meat 😬
You do a good job of nursing him through his dotage. He just needs someone to acknowledge that he exists every now and then.

Anyway, this will be moved to off-topic if we carry on...so I'll end by saying the Doncaster gig was up there in my top 5 of the past 30 years (62 tickets on the corkboard). I hope the new album gets to see the light of day.

You do a good job of nursing him through his dotage. He just needs someone to acknowledge that he exists every now and then.

Anyway, this will be moved to off-topic if we carry on...so I'll end by saying the Doncaster gig was up there in my top 5 of the past 30 years (62 tickets on the corkboard). I hope the new album gets to see the light of day.
62😎😎😎
Let’s just hope for many more like Doncaster.
I’m warming to the new stuff now I’ve heard it live a couple of times now.

If Mozz renamed the album...
Bonfire of Benny’s ....
Do you think it would be a hit 🤩🤩

62😎😎😎
Let’s just hope for many more like Doncaster.
I’m warming to the new stuff now I’ve heard it live a couple of times now.

If Mozz renamed the album...
Bonfire of Benny’s ....
Do you think it would be a hit 🤩🤩
I started pretty early on (NEC in 1992) and was able to travel around a fair bit. Last night was the first since Nottingham Arena in 2015 (that was terrible) but I wanted my boy to see what all the fuss was about. So glad I did. Faith restored.

I started pretty early on (NEC in 1992) and was able to travel around a fair bit. Last night was the first since Nottingham Arena in 2015 (that was terrible) but I wanted my boy to see what all the fuss was about. So glad I did. Faith restored.
It’s so great that we can take our kids .... Pretty mental really.
I had my 3 at Blackpool and Doncaster. My youngest being 13.
Thought she might be overwhelmed
With it all. But she absorbed everything.

The very gentle crooner in the dinner suit, black and white pictures, can anyone help me with the artist and song? Circa mid way through the pre-film. Thank you!
I think it was Matt Monroe with Danny Boy...I'm totally prepared to corrected by FWD.

someone mentioned Andy Williams, but I wasn’t there. Is this it?

Screenshot_20221001-235629~2.png

FB_IMG_1664665309553.jpg
FB_IMG_1664665321493.jpg
FB_IMG_1664665313414.jpg
FB_IMG_1664665315338.jpg
FB_IMG_1664665317339.jpg
FB_IMG_1664665319180.jpg
FB_IMG_1664665311584.jpg

Continued...

FB_IMG_1664665323460.jpg
FB_IMG_1664665325633.jpg
FB_IMG_1664665327770.jpg
FB_IMG_1664665329857.jpg
FB_IMG_1664665332291.jpg

FWD.

don’t think he ever actually lit one up any time he used it as just a prop for Frank, even in 91.
Thanks. I know he's used them when people hand them over during Frank over the years, but for some reason, in that picture it really looked like he was smoking it. I can't be in the same room as a smoker, so I'm happy to hear he hasn't picked up the habit!

The band sounds easy, loose, jonesy, natural, organic, and utterly sublime. Everybody is meshing extraordinarily well with each other. Moz sounds better than great! I am astonished how well Alain and Jesse work together. To be honest I thought they would clash. I am a huge Boz fan and I never in a million years thought that his leaving the band would be a good thing. (Sorry Boz!) This lineup has that indefinably magical musical chemistry that is so rarely found these days.

On the downside, it's sad that Moz has lost so many longtime fans. He won't be getting many of them back. I am friends with former fans that just wave me off when I mention his name. They say that they just cant listen to him anymore.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom