Doncaster - The Dome (Sep. 30, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Knockabout World / First Of The Gang To Die / Have-A-Go Merchant / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / I Am Veronica / Rebels Without Applause / Frankly, Mr. Shankly / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Never Had No One Ever / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / The Loop / Jack The Ripper // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of 'Jim Jim Falls'.

Last edited:
Well three performances in and it’s very clear that this is a tin-pot-shell-out-smash and grab tour.
A smoke machine, a few lights and three projectors!!!
A merch stall bigger than Camden Market flogging so much cheap tat at way over the odds. A signature @ £250 !!!!
Despite the hero worship on here trust me this man is flat on his arse at this stage of his career. The new songs are dreadful and the new gimmick song has failed at the first hurdle.
There is one thing to note that has been a life saver for Steven and it’s one of the cutest moves he’s made ! The return of Alain Whyte.
Boorer has gone for good reason and his lips are sealed now £££££££
Such a shame Alain was so desperate really but never mind.

Anyway SHAME on the recording industry I say ! Just look at them all kicking seven bells of shit out of each other trying to sign this wonderful performer to their labels.

Make no mistake my dears this is all about Alain and how he plays the old tunes
keeping Steven’s head above the gravy.

Lets hope the COVID doesn’t get Steve and enjoy the rest of the tour everyone.

Benny 🇬🇧 :knife:X

The record was general merch , peta just leaflets and badges
Thank you. Thought it was odd it was stickered with their logo in the image shared.
Regards,
FWD.

Does anyone know what was the first track on the film showed before he came on.The one that accompanied The scenes from Apocalypse now?
Fortunate Son - Credence Clearwater Revival.
Regards,
FWD.

does anyone know anything about the pre film bit where a black group are playing music and he does like a benny hill skit been chased at the end? thats a new one on me

Morrissey truly was fantastic. So focussed and present. I enjoyed I Am Veronica and Sure Enough The Telephone Rings but I’m not keen on Bonfire of Teenagers. It really dragged the show down. The Loop was wonderful and Irish Blood, English Heart could be his best song. The crowd went crazy for it. Who are those idiots we encounter though who talk to their friends loudly throughout the whole show? I’ve seen him live about 20 times and this may have been his best performance. He’s so collected.

Morrissey’s fan base and fan loyalty is what ‘others of salad days and their next generation guitar strummers’ can only dream of. I agree with Morrissey’s views and IBEH hits the spot in this current puppetf***wit political storm - a true identity and icon from then to now.

From man to man - I luff you.

Morrissey’s fan base and fan loyalty is what ‘others of salad days and their next generation guitar strummers’ can only dream of. I agree with Morrissey’s views and IBEH hits the spot in this current puppetf***wit political storm - a true identity and icon from then to now.

From man to man - I luff you.
This is it.

Icon. Felt like I was witnessing true greatness.

The staff in the foyer were bemused at the queue which was forming well over an hour before doors opened.

One kept telling us there were other bars and seats upstairs to use. An offer which wasn’t taken up I hasten to add.

Don’t think some staff were aware of the fandom Moz attracts.

does anyone know anything about the pre film bit where a black group are playing music and he does like a benny hill skit been chased at the end? thats a new one on me

It’s the most repetitive song ever. “Why can’t we be friends?” repeated ad nauseum. Eric Burdon and War.

Great show, Moz was in fine voice.

This is it.

Icon. Felt like I was witnessing true greatness.

The staff in the foyer were bemused at the queue which was forming well over an hour before doors opened.

One kept telling us there were other bars and seats upstairs to use. An offer which wasn’t taken up I hasten to add.

Don’t think some staff were aware of the fandom Moz attracts.
There is absolutely no one like him and there never will be. If he’s stuck in the past then good, because today’s opinion is that tomorrow will be better but it’s just an opinion. For some things, the yesteryear will always be greater and he knows it and thankfully says it.

Last edited:
Thank you. Thought it was odd it was stickered with their logo in the image shared.
Regards,
FWD.
Sorry I missed that / that’s the badge they’re giving out sitting on top

Morrissey truly was fantastic. So focussed and present. I enjoyed I Am Veronica and Sure Enough The Telephone Rings but I’m not keen on Bonfire of Teenagers. It really dragged the show down. The Loop was wonderful and Irish Blood, English Heart could be his best song. The crowd went crazy for it. Who are those idiots we encounter though who talk to their friends loudly throughout the whole show? I’ve seen him live about 20 times and this may have been his best performance. He’s so collected.

Yes, I can see that, but Moz probably also needs to pace himself. From previous comments from those also there, Bonfire went over really well, with applause after the first chorus, which I take as, they agree with his sentiments, can also be heard in the audio. It’s nice to see the positive reactions so far.

It wasn't lit and he threw it into the crowd towards the end of OF.
I’m sure he threw a pack of cigarettes back into the audience.
I was at the very back, but had a clear view.

I’m sure he threw a pack of cigarettes back into the audience.
I was at the very back, but had a clear view.
Yeah, that was early on in the song...then he played around with a ciggie for a while and threw that in as well.

Hope you had a good old night. We were middle front and it was an excellent atmosphere...reminded me of the old days.

Back
Top Bottom