Doncaster - The Dome (Sep. 30, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Knockabout World / First Of The Gang To Die / Have-A-Go Merchant / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / I Am Veronica / Rebels Without Applause / Frankly, Mr. Shankly / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Never Had No One Ever / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / The Loop / Jack The Ripper // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of 'Jim Jim Falls'.

Last edited:
Splendid, joyous evening - up there with the very best. Great crowd, trying their best to out sing him on every song; excellent set list; Moz in fine, fine voice; chatty and funny throughout; Bonfire an incredible song and received with an ovation only rivalled by EisLS... An exceptional way for my eldest to be introduced to a Morrissey concert. He loved it...he's 17...the next generation of the MozArmy begins.

Onwards!

Splendid, joyous evening - up there with the very best. Great crowd, trying their best to out sing him on every song; excellent set list; Moz in fine, fine voice; chatty and funny throughout; Bonfire an incredible song and received with an ovation only rivalled by EisLS... An exceptional way for my eldest to be introduced to a Morrissey concert. He loved it...he's 17...the next generation of the MozArmy begins.

Onwards!
This is so great, and now I'm looking forward to Birmingham on Wednesday even more!

Apropos of nothing, Donny Dome has an ice skating rink on two levels, connected by slopes. Many an hour I spent climbing up the ramp as accomplished skaters ploughed into my backside.

MORRISSEY LIVE AT DONCASTER DOME REVIEW

A cacophony of anger and rage all wrapped up in the guise of a three-minute pop song.

Excerpt:

"The singer takes a small moment at this juncture to confirm to the crowd that Diana Rigg, former Bond girl and Game of Thrones hall of famer is ‘the most famous person to come from Doncaster’. In true Morrissey style, this is stated as fact rather than opinion. ‘Our Frank’, the sole representative from 1991’s Kill Uncle comes next, but it is ‘The First of the Gang to Die’ that inspires the first big singalong of the evening. Pint pots are thrown. Companions are held aloft on shoulders. It’s undoubtedly a moment. "

(no photos).
FWD.

Rigg may be the the image used on his badge for the night?

Needs to sort the ending (as for many years), the crowd want more and it’s not clear to most people it’s finished. Prefer the ‘who put the M’ style… oh well

Big cheer for Alain Whyte (“made in Balls Pond Road..”)
100% agree with this. Jack the Ripper was atmospheric and they filled the stage with smoke but you cant really tell its the end of the show. There is no, thanks, bye, bow, you just notice they have left the stage as the smoke clears. Irish blood felt like the end of show and we definitely wanted more. The lights coming on was met with a collective groan, it felt like no encore to me.

100% agree with this. Jack the Ripper was atmospheric and they filled the stage with smoke but you cant really tell its the end of the show. There is no, thanks, bye, bow, you just notice they have left the stage as the smoke clears. Irish blood felt like the end of show and we definitely wanted more. The lights coming on was met with a collective groan, it felt like no encore to me.
This is by design so that Moz can get in his limo and leave before anyone is the wiser.

Awesome set list. Our Frank, the Loop, Jack the Tipper, Never had (!) and Half a Person (!!) and Alain back. My word.

Does anyone know what was the first track on the film showed before he came on.The one that accompanied The scenes from Apocalypse now?

Back
Top Bottom