Donald Clarke: The game is up for Morrissey the reactionary - The Irish Times

Donald Clarke: The game is up for Morrissey the reactionary - The Irish Times
How did we Smiths obsessives miss the signs in the 1980s. Because they were there

Excerpt:
"I was wrong about almost everything when I was young. Almost all young people are wrong about almost everything. Calm down. This is not one of those Irish Times columns that demonises a blameless generation. We’re demonising all generations.

Only old people have the proper perspective to tell that young people can’t get anything right. Only young people have the perspective to tell that old people are full of dung.

Warble the previous paragraph to a jangly sub-Byrds guitar. “I was wrong about everything when I was young. La dee dah!” If the tune is good you’re singing a Smiths song. If the tune is a dud you’re singing one of the endless neuralgic dirges that Morrissey has vomited up since the band split in the 12th century.

Apparently some reasonable, liberal people still regard Steven Patrick Morrissey as a hero. They didn’t recant when, in 2010, he referred to the Chinese as “a subspecies”. They waved away remarks made in 2007 concerning immigration. “The higher the influx into England the more the British identity disappears,” he said."

A long article discussing Morrissey then and now. Echoing some of the views put recently in various threads.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
the Maida Vale gig was Exellent though ,don't go into this item,everyone must have an opion about Morrissey,so I, the single is grower,but the 2 songs at Jools ,oh God, my heart is pouning for another Maladjusted,safe,solid,but nothing what adds at his songs release, so I hope [not Bob] that the album is at whole better than the 2 songs at Jools...and dung is for Donald's bandwagon shit

Hi celibate, just as "Spent" was a grower I think "All The Young People" will be too once you hear it on the album.
I hope "I wish you lonely" will grow on me too cause I have to get used about that one. But many times great Moz songs are growers, aren't they? :thumb:

Victim cardigan is the english word and offerkofta is the swedish word for it. If you google translate kofta you get cardigan.

But he really should wear a red pullover for those future interviews.
Victim cardigan isn't a word, for f***s sake. Stop butchering the English language.

Bald ponce. Empty headed tripe from someone who can barely write and is incapable of original thought. Dismissing everything Moz has done since The Smiths? Give me a break. It's hard to believe this guy is Irish. The 'standard' of journalism must be reaching an all time low. Now its just opinion pieces cranked out by people who never had the balls to try doing what they criticise.

You don't like what he writes, so you focus on his lack of hair?

Victim cardigan isn't a word, for f***s sake. Stop butchering the English language.

Spot on, it is a term and even a way to describe some people. Offerkofta is a word but victim cardigan are two words with one meaning.
Happy?

PEOPLE dont read BALD PONCE DONALD CLARKE!!!! he is a VERY BAD CRAZY PONCE PERSON!
his article IS VERY BAD if you read VERY BAD ideas will go in your brain! Listen to GOOD THINGS like
MOZ!

PEOPLE dont read BALD PONCE DONALD CLARKE!!!! he is a VERY BAD CRAZY PONCE PERSON!
his article IS VERY BAD if you read VERY BAD ideas will go in your brain! Listen to GOOD THINGS like
MOZ!

Is he bald for real or does he shave his head like I do?

People tend to mix bald heads with shaved heads a lot.

"Baldness is nice but baldness can stop you from writing all the articles that you want to".

Yeah, know what you mean but Harry is so "decent", so morally good.
How can we ever be like Harry?
And should we wish for that? :popcorn:
I know f*** all about Harry Stiles actually, apart from the fact that he was in wand erection.
Harry Potter, I know too much about, thanks to being a parent.

I'd like to be like Harry Stiles in the bank account.

PEOPLE.....PLEASE HEAR this: shhhh, very SECRET information.......but I have secret information that Harry Style is VERY GOOD MAN.....he PRE ORDER 2o MOZ album/ticket BUNDLES!!! to give to all family and good friends. its secret please dont tell. BUT HARRY STYLES good.

And I shall release my book

Steven ! My Part In His Downfall by Benny :greatbritain::knife:

#all we are saying is the all young must fall in love is a rip off ! Of give peace a chance

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Benny,

People are now discovering that Steven is a complete fraud. You have been calling him out for years. Cheese-Gate, 5 star hotels, The LAX and Rome law Enforcement lies-this is all starting too unravel nicely.

Why do all your foreigners hate Uncle Steve so much and his anti-Islam, anti reggae black supremacy, and anti Brittish monarachy views? Why do you people hate true red blooded Americans like Steve? Steve is so cool. Steve and Nancy are American royalty. He always wins the jet ski races to Zuma and he is the best beach volleyball player on Malibu beach! Everyone asks for his autograph at Dodger Stadium and at all you can eat potato taquitos Tuesday at The Sunset Marquis with lil' Sammy. Go home!

Last edited:
Why do all your foreigners hate Uncle Steve so much and his anti-Islam, anti reggae black supremacy, and anti Brittish monarachy views? Why do you people hate true red blooded Americans like Steve? Steve is so cool. Steve and Nancy are American royalty. He always wins the jet ski races to Zuma and he is the best beach volleyball player on Malibu beach! Everyone asks for his autograph at Dodger Stadium and at all you can eat potato taquitos Tuesday at The Sunset Marquis with lil' Sammy. Go home!

You really need to minimize the use of whatever you are on.

Spot on, it is a term and even a way to describe some people. Offerkofta is a word but victim cardigan are two words with one meaning.
Happy?
Nope. Not a word (notice that I am saying A word and not ONE word) nor a term. You can't just take a (very) Swedish word and word for word translate it into an English equivalent and think it's going to fly. Stop butchering the English language.

Nope. Not a word (notice that I am saying A word and not ONE word) nor a term. You can't just take a (very) Swedish word and word for word translate it into an English equivalent and think it's going to fly. Stop butchering the English language.

Of course you can. It makes perfect sense in English. Find another hobby.

Yes, immigration was always good, has been good, is good now and will be in the future. Especially for the immigrants who are so happy and grateful to live in our paradise.

And if you dare to say anything critical about it or asks questions you were a racist in the past, in the present and in the future so you are a racist no matter what.

And if you're not racist cause races don't exist you are at least a xenophobe, or a islamophobe.
That is, if you are white.
Labelling is so much fun.
I get it, I don't care anymore so now why don't you?

Poor little victim. You create division with your straw man immigrant panic and then beg for mercy when people marginalize you like you marginalize. others.

This whole white oppression bullshit is just a cover for deeper racial and cultural resentment. Stop acting like there's some monolithic white cultures. There's not. White have been fighting and hating each other for centuries. A nation state hardly erases those divisions. Nations are slowly becoming obsolete because of this realization.

The things you say and the causes, and people you support have consequences. They always have. Only the conditioning of the Internet provides the illusion that what you say and how you say it is without consequence.

Morrissey has been flirting with this nonsense for decades and now it's finally catching up with him.

Morrissey's career is based on his relationship with the public. It has nothing whatsoever to do with free speech. He's free to speak and his audience is free to react.

What current events have proven is that we're not all in this together and Morrissey has spent a career reminding us of that. If he wants to sit in the corner and be ignored then let him.

You're simply upset that people don't agree with you just like you claimed they're upset with you.

Speech has consequences. You should always choose your words carefully.

Of course you can. It makes perfect sense in English. Find another hobby.

Someone posting above just had a bad day is all. It is funny how they seem to believe that them feeling bad means the rest of us have to feel bad as well.

The word police is a very violent task force.

Oh wait, I got it!

You are the victim cardigan. Hej då Offerkoftan....

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom